News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '68 Hemi Charger photo spread

Started by hemi68charger, December 14, 2005, 11:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Thought I'd put some, well, alot, of pics of my '68 LL1 Dark Turquoise metallic Hemi Charger R/T in a photo album reflecting it's current and never-ending restoration... Also, may think about trying to find someone with a Daytona project for a possible trade.........

HEMI: my '68 Charger R/T with 426 hemi

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

WOW that looks great!! Lots of pics is a great thing to have and it looks lik you have a bunch!   Great job by the way!  Thanks for sharing!!!   :icon_smile_big:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

hemi68charger

Quote from: 4cruzin on December 14, 2005, 11:20:20 PM
WOW that looks great!! Lots of pics is a great thing to have and it looks lik you have a bunch!   Great job by the way!  Thanks for sharing!!!   :icon_smile_big:

Oh, I have tons more of various fasteners and everything as I took her apart.... I'm so anal that the gaps between the rear valance and end gaps were duplicated to a 1/16th of an inch....  So, she should be a great one when finished.........

Troy

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

chargervert

Troy, theres nothing anal about doing the car correctly! You are the one who will be looking at it all the time! Do it so that you will  be pleased everytime you look at the car,and you will always be happy with it!

PocketThunder

Hey do you need a dana for that thing?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

8WHEELER

No its an auto car so it came with an 8 3/4, and I am sure it will be done right  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69_500

Ah see so now your wanting to get rid of the HEMI car for a Daytona. Man do you ever stop dreaming of a winged car?

I don't either. I'd give up anything for one, well just about anything.

hemigeno

I don't think it's possible to take too many pictures during a resto like you're doing, Troy.  It is so cool to see the progress that you've made, and it shows how much effort has been put into getting the car's body fixed right.

Nothing like paying attention to the details, even 1/16" gaps for the rear valance!!

Thanks for giving us a glimpse!  If you get that thing done to the level it looks like you're headed, you'll be bucking for a Daytona a little beyond project status!  Of course, that's if you can stand to part with it after you get it back on the road...

RD

looks great, i like this one though, HEMI POWER!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on December 15, 2005, 11:03:38 AM
Nothing like paying attention to the details, even 1/16" gaps for the rear valance!!

Smitty, the guy working on my car, wanted to equalize the gaps that appear on the valance.. I took a ruler instead and measured the gaps. One side was 1/8 and the other was 1/16.. So, I told him to put it back exactly.............. Also, most people don't do it, but the tabs that are part of the original valances that aren't stamped into the reproductions were saved and welded to the valance in place. Not only is it "Correct", it also calibrates the spacing that's original to THIS car..... As we know, all cars massed produced are slightly different and I wanted this one to be as exact as possible in those realms.....   It should be my ticket to a Daytona if, as you say, I can part with it once done......

Troy
Troy

69_500

Ah so your like Charlie then, you have the Golden Ticket, and your going to swap it for a Daytona. Which to me is like the whole Chocolate Factory.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 15, 2005, 04:59:37 PM
Ah so your like Charlie then, you have the Golden Ticket, and your going to swap it for a Daytona. Which to me is like the whole Chocolate Factory.

Well,, who knows.... I hope so... I may be in a position to trade both the C500 and the '68 the way it is for one..... We'll see.. If not, I'll keep plugging away on the '68 and take it from there... Maybe there's a person with multiple Daytonas who wants a Hemi Charger.....

Troy
Troy