News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your old Mopar and the looming Father's Day

Started by Ghoste, May 25, 2010, 01:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

So when it's Father's Day around your place, do those of you with kids spend the time hanging out in the backyard and keeping the kiddies entertained or do you hop in the old car and disappear for a few hours and try and forget about it all?

moparstuart

columbia missouri , about a 2 hour drive alway has a mopar show on every fathers day .  If I can get away thats where I always go .  This year there is also a race drivers reunion in keokuk iowa , should be a great fathers day weekend
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dans 68

I normally throw the entire family, including two dogs, in the Charger and go for a cruise.  :laugh:  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

PocketThunder

I treat the day as any other Fathers day, only i ask for a little desert after dinner at night.. :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

twodko

Up here in NorCal/Santa Rosa way the local Operators Union holds a Father's Day Show & Shine at a park in town. Its always well attended and a really nice venue.........park on the grass & plenty of shade. We were thinking of going (prolly will) but I'll be envious of all the sweet cars cuz ours is still in the shop. Oh well, next year we'll lay waste to them all when we roll up in our stunning 69. All bow to Mother Mopar.

Tom

Yeah, I ask too..........been married a loooong time.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bobs66440

Usually go to dinner with the family. If there's a local cruise I may drop in.  :D

TruckDriver

I usually get to spend the day alone as my boys are usually in Florida by their mothers then for a few weeks. And, usually, I dont do anything but watch tv.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

There is a GM car show out here on every Fathers Day...we take my Dad's Pontiac to the show and I remember when he was with us.

jb666

My "kids" are 18 and 21... I'm only 39... I feel 65 some days  :lol: I blame the "kids".

Anyways, I try to forget about it and hide out..

Highbanked Hauler

I'd rather avoid fathers day but my kids are 30 and 31 and remind me of where some of their genes came from :scratchchin:.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi o

In New Zealand we have 'fathers day drags' at Meremere,have to be able to drive your car to the drags to compete,road legal.Have never competed but have a mate with a 10 second 69 camaro nice car ,for a chev. :-\

Bob T

Quote from: hemi o on May 27, 2010, 04:39:46 AM
In New Zealand we have 'fathers day drags' at Meremere,have to be able to drive your car to the drags to compete,road legal.Have never competed but have a mate with a 10 second 69 camaro nice car ,for a chev. :-\

Yup, see you there   :lol:     :cheers: last year was around 120 cars racing
Old Dog, Old Tricks.