News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

progress it's running!

Started by randr, May 23, 2010, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I didn't see the tire size unless I didn't go back far enough or missed it.  What did you get?

FJ5WING

what changes were made to lower the car?
wingless now, but still around.

RAC95054

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 01, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
Looks more Kosher to me.

Lower is better, IMO.  But in dropping the rear, it looks like you should also drop the front by 1/2" - 1", too.

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

randr

4 days of wiring issues! found my yearone underdash harness was wired wrong from year one!!!!!! damn them!
I'm Bored! what to do next......

randr

Quote from: FJ5WING on May 02, 2011, 09:37:00 AM
what changes were made to lower the car?

for now i used a lowering kit :eek2: will get springs re arched to do it right! :2thumbs:

randr

Quote from: oldcarnut on May 01, 2011, 10:28:59 PM
I didn't see the tire size unless I didn't go back far enough or missed it.  What did you get?
i will get size for ya. they seem to fill wheel wells good.

randr

Have searched but cannot find if daytonas had front fender splash shields installed? im thinking no? can anyone confirm?

randr

Quote from: randr on May 05, 2011, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: oldcarnut on May 01, 2011, 10:28:59 PM
i will get size for ya. they seem to fill wheel wells good.

P275/60r15 on back
P225/70r15 on front

Amazzen

Daytona fender splash shields?

They were on mine when I got the car and looked to be untouched, so I'll say yes (maybe it was hit and miss, given the fender exchange going on at Creative?).

Paul

randr

I should be more clear, front splash shields. The splash shields that mount inside toward the front of fender kinda goes around bumper bracket.

Charger-Bodie

There is a rubber one that goes there,but nothing from a Charger.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

randr

Thanks! That's what I thought but was looking at pile I got left and thinking maybe... :)

SnoPro440

Nice car and nice to meet you yesterday.  Thanks for the parts too.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

randr

Thanks! your charger is sweet! nice to meet you!

randr

getting close! should have it running in a few days! :drool5: still need exhaust thats shipping and hope to have in a week or so.

panhead

I'm loving it !!!!!! :drool5: Looking forward to seeing more!!
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

randr

Speaking of seeing more..... Update pics of your nose!!!!!!!!!

Amazzen

Looks beautiful.... :yesnod: (I especially like the radiator, seems to work well with the pristine engine bay)

Is there enough hood clearance or are you doing something to the hood? I recall having to source an original intake to make mine stay within the compartment (but then I also kept my 440 K-frame under the new 426).

Continued success...

Amazzen

Wooops, just looked at your air cleaner base again... very nice design! Looks like it saves a couple of inches of height and should provide sufficient air.

Why didn't I think of that!  :brickwall:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: randr on May 17, 2011, 08:53:41 PM
getting close! should have it running in a few days! :drool5: still need exhaust thats shipping and hope to have in a week or so.

Be sure to get some video , so we can virtually drool .... :drool5: :icon_smile_big:

200MPH

im in awe!  some how i missed this thread :shruggy:

GREAT WORK SIR
Charger

randr

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 18, 2011, 09:18:22 AM
Quote from: randr on May 17, 2011, 08:53:41 PM

Be sure to get some video , so we can virtually drool .... :drool5: :icon_smile_big:
Will do a video for sure

472 R/T SE

May I ask what bracket you're using for your power booster? 

I'm running the Stage V too & the top of the air cleaner looks like it's quite a ways higher than the fenders but if you're running the Schmacher mounts you should be fine.  Even though we have different air cleaner assemblies.

randr

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 19, 2011, 07:25:58 PM
May I ask what bracket you're using for your power booster? 

I'm running the Stage V too & the top of the air cleaner looks like it's quite a ways higher than the fenders but if you're running the Schmacher mounts you should be fine.  Even though we have different air cleaner assemblies.

I'm using a factory "hemi" bracket from the ram man. very smart mopar brake guy! here are a few pics.... also have pic of air cleaner hight. the aircleaner base i have is very nice! saves at least 1 1/2" - 2"

randr

Quote from: Amazzen on May 18, 2011, 06:14:03 AM
Looks beautiful.... :yesnod: (I especially like the radiator, seems to work well with the pristine engine bay)

Is there enough hood clearance or are you doing something to the hood? I recall having to source an original intake to make mine stay within the compartment (but then I also kept my 440 K-frame under the new 426).

Continued success...

Thanks! Radiator is from smith radiator you can find him online he does great mopar radiators! I have a hemi kframe from mega parts and with the "custom" air cleaner it fits.