News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

progress it's running!

Started by randr, May 23, 2010, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

472 R/T SE

I apologize if you've already mentioned it, but which intake are you running?  Still lookin' fan-effin'-tastic.   :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

WOW !!!!    :o    :cheers:  :cheers:   :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

randr

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 18, 2011, 12:08:06 AM
I apologize if you've already mentioned it, but which intake are you running?  Still lookin' fan-effin'-tastic.   :2thumbs:

Stage V dual quad intake manifold
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Amazzen

Absolutely gorgeous and great work!

I remember installing a 526 (one of the first retooled Chrysler engines) in my 69 Charger and found that any non-original mods would make things challenging, so I can't begin to imagine how tough this has been for you.

Of course you must persevere because you're too far down the road to turn back....thank goodness.

I ended up losing the headers and went to original exhaust manifolds to make things co-exist a bit better, but doubt you have that option with the 572...it would probably choke the darn thing. Don't know if you're planning on it, but I suggest putting some heat protection cloth around the brake lines or other affected components that will inevitably bake near the headers.

You definitely seem to have covered most bases, so I'll simply wish you continued success through the home stretch!

Thanks for sharing.

randr

Quote from: Amazzen on April 18, 2011, 10:42:19 PM
Absolutely gorgeous and great work!

I remember installing a 526 (one of the first retooled Chrysler engines) in my 69 Charger and found that any non-original mods would make things challenging, so I can't begin to imagine how tough this has been for you.

Of course you must persevere because you're too far down the road to turn back....thank goodness.

I ended up losing the headers and went to original exhaust manifolds to make things co-exist a bit better, but doubt you have that option with the 572...it would probably choke the darn thing. Don't know if you're planning on it, but I suggest putting some heat protection cloth around the brake lines or other affected components that will inevitably bake near the headers.

You definitely seem to have covered most bases, so I'll simply wish you continued success through the home stretch!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! i need all the encouragement i can get to finish this thing off! im really fighting the small things! taking a few nights off from working on car to get a mental break! my other hemi in charger was no problem! this is kicking my butt!

DC_1

Very nice work. Do you plan on getting it done for summer? Will you have it at any of the big shows if you do?

randr

Gosh i hope its done! though im only 1 guy with full time job:) i usually go to car craft and anoka with my cars but maybe mopars in the park this year

Charger-Bodie

Geez, Get to work man!!  :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

randr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 23, 2011, 03:13:36 PM
Geez, Get to work man!!  :D

sheesh!  :icon_smile_big: ill post some pics of "progress" in a bit. does anyone know if i can use my power steering pulley puller on the alternator?

randr

saw this today 40 degrees! rain! :2thumbs:

randr

here is small update :eek2:

randr

more :icon_smile_blackeye:

Charger-Bodie

Now , That wasnt so hard now was it? Now get crack-a-lackin on some more progress.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

randr

moons showed up today!

randr

yes i know new leaf springs are high

Patronus

Man I've been dying to see your car with the wheels and tires, nice job!  :yesnod:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

randr

I'll get a set of redlines this fall. These will work for now

DonC1

Lookin' dam good...lov the color!

WINGIN IT

randr

I have searched but does anyone have link to a post that shows placement of all technical decals?

Daytona R/T SE

So...

How did the whole Daytonalo/"A" pillar molding thing turn out?

:shruggy: :popcrn:

randr

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 01, 2011, 09:42:23 AM
So...

How did the whole Daytonalo/"A" pillar molding thing turn out?

:shruggy: :popcrn:

Well.....no refund if thats what you are asking. so if anyone wants a set of moldings let me know! still looking for technical decal locations! :icon_smile_big:

randr

before and after...need opinions i know with new springs its high but is it to low now? :brickwall:
first pic is before

Charger-Bodie

Looks more Kosher to me.