News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

progress it's running!

Started by randr, May 23, 2010, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randr

thought it looked wrong! well... :brickwall: thanks.
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Daytona R/T SE

Here's another "Real" pair from the backside:

randr

i have a set from eric and contour looks like your pictures. but like the fit of daytonalo's better(except at top)!

Daytona R/T SE

Some good info in this thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,75749.msg850544.html#msg850544

Thanks to everyone that posted pics in that thread !  :cheers:

randr

Saw that a while ago....im sure daytonalo will fix it..i pm'd him. cant believe i got only set that is wrong at top?  ordered along with 8-10 people if i remember right. i will say it again...just glad people like daytonalo are around!

daytonalo

Post a pic of other side , it looks like it was damaged . The top edge does look bent . send them back and will make a new pair for you . Yes you called me but you werent sure if it was bent , is the other side same way ?

randr

daytonalo, thanks for the response! other side is exact mirror copy. no i never bent the parts.

Charger-Bodie

My set from Daytonalo is off a little like that as well. They are a million times better than the first set I tried though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

randr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 01, 2011, 09:21:32 AM
My set from Daytonalo is off a little like that as well. They are a million times better than the first set I tried though.

Picture please.... ;D erik's looks correct on top...but have not actually tried them.. i will this weekend hope holes line up that i already drilled! :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Pics of mine....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

WINGIN IT

Quote from: daytonalo on March 31, 2011, 11:17:29 PM
... The top edge does look bent . ...

That's what I was going to say, looks bent not that it was originally contoured wrong...

randr

agreed mine look like crap! no way can it bend like that from shipping. its total backwards curve!

randr

first pic is erik's trim. 2nd is daytonalo. these are 2 great guys making these parts! for my build erik's seems to fit better. I like the daytonalo trim better for quality! erik's trim is very thin! i have not seen anywhere on this board a direct comparison. heck hard to find any pictures of "repop" trim.

randr

other side...erik's first pic, daytonalo 2nd..daytonalo's polish is WAY nicer!

oldcarnut

Quote from: randr on April 01, 2011, 10:34:13 PM
heck hard to find any pictures of "repop" trim.
I know this is comparing apples to pears but it's all I got for other repops. Here's a set of Janeks next to a set I got from Dlo long time back on one of his first couple runs.  It has the same bend as yours it looks like.  I'm still not even close to being far enough along on the SB project to try them out but I don't think it would be to hard to re bend them to the contours whenever I get there.

randr

Janek ones look more correct in my opinion(fiberglass aside) thanks for sharing!

oldcarnut

I'm not sure of any other differences between Bird and Daytona other than the drill holes in the face but I like them smooth like the Daytonas and may leave them like it.  Nice work on the car! I'm getting green with envy. 

FJ5WING

Im not sure Id be happy with those parts.....sure glad I dont need them.
wingless now, but still around.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: FJ5WING on April 02, 2011, 05:10:43 AM

I would love to have an original set. The ones from Larry fit mine pretty well though ,so Im content for now.

randr

Quote from: FJ5WING on April 02, 2011, 05:10:43 AM

which one looks better? or you saying neither? I will need to use one of the sets i have $1000+ invested in crappy fitting trim! :pullinghair:

randr

Quote from: oldcarnut on April 02, 2011, 12:04:54 AM
Quote from: randr on April 01, 2011, 10:34:13 PM
heck hard to find any pictures of "repop" trim.
I know this is comparing apples to pears but it's all I got for other repops. Here's a set of Janeks next to a set I got from Dlo long time back on one of his first couple runs.  It has the same bend as yours it looks like.  I'm still not even close to being far enough along on the SB project to try them out but I don't think it would be to hard to re bend them to the contours whenever I get there.

I would try fitting them! After car is painted you risk damaging paint. I have a few scratches on roof from waiting until now.

panhead

randr, I was on that list as well, I'll check mine and take some pics as well. Great job on your car, looks awesome  :2thumbs:
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

randr

Thanks! Pictures is what's needed. Hope yours are ok!

panhead

Here is some pics of mine.
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

FJ5WING

these pictures on an ebay ad show a better top radius than those pictured by the OP.

wingless now, but still around.