News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration Shops in the Southeast?

Started by Boy Racer, May 22, 2010, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boy Racer

Are there any talented resto shops in the Southeast US? NC, SC, GA, N. FL, TN, AL? I see plenty of shops in the NE, Midwest and SoCal, but where is the representation in Dixie? I've read of Clark in Greenville, NC, and there's another shop (I don't know too much about them, either) in Buford, GA, but who else is there and where are they?

Thanks.
'67 Charger: 383 4BBL, 4-spd (on da' floor), ZZ1 Exterior, S6X Interior
Currently accepting quotes for restoration services!

Highbanked Hauler

check out the  US Car Tool.com site. The shop is in Durham NC. From what I have seen on the site he does real clean work.  Another one is   daurityracing.com he also does restoration.  He is in Sanford Nc.     Where are you located?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

gtx6970

Are you looking to have work  done ?

Boy Racer

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on May 23, 2010, 11:37:41 AM
check out the  US Car Tool.com site. The shop is in Durham NC. From what I have seen on the site he does real clean work.  Another one is   daurityracing.com he also does restoration.  He is in Sanford Nc.     Where are you located?
I live outside of Atlanta.

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 23, 2010, 01:35:53 PM
Are you looking to have work  done ?
Yeah... well, I'm looking around to see what's what, anyway. This car's been sitting motionless in the garage for close to two years now, and it ain't like free time's gonna dawn on my horizon anytime soon at the rate we're going. So I thought I'd see what the likelihood is of paying someone else to do it.

I just had a hard time finding any shops w/in 7-8 hour drive of me.

Thanks for the help.

elitecustombody

what are you looking to get done? I have a shop in Jacksonville FL

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

chargergirl

Stripmasters Pure Muscle Restoration in Milton, FL. Some of his work:

www.stripmastersinc.com

Trust your Woobie!

gtx6970

Quote from: Boy Racer on May 23, 2010, 07:49:53 PM

I just had a hard time finding any shops w/in 7-8 hour drive of me.

Thanks for the help.

If your interested in bringing it to northern ky. I'm right at 7 hours north of Atlanta. plus I have 2 ( working on a 3rd) VERY talented body/paint guys close to me. I do everything else in house. if you'd to talk about it , call anytime
Also, I'm less than 10 minutes from Greater Cincinnatti Airport

Boy Racer

I'm starting to think I should have gone with my original idea of issuing an RFP?

What I'm looking for is a shop to take a car that's been parked in a garage since 1984 and restore it. Nothing Concours, nothing too nice to drive. Just a reliable car for me & my family to ride around in, and have fun... basically made back into what it was 40 years ago.

It needs body work (got a little rust), it'll need paint (got some nicks and fade), the motor's got 150k on it, so it'll (probably-) need a .010-over maintenance bore and a complete rebuild, the brakes, the wiring, the interior all probably need work. But the car's complete, the body's straight and in good shape, and overall I think the car's a relatively simple resto job. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it, so I'm investigating whether I can afford to have it done, or should I just forget all about it.

I figure that investigation starts with finding some quality shops near me with whom I can start the conversation. My Google search was worthless, so I'm asking for references and I think I'll go from there.

I should probably put some pictures and a list of desired services together on my end, that may help guide the conversation(s).

Thanks for the tips so far. I love the pictures on UScartool.com!!!  :drool5: