News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen paint decision, color match the front and rear bumpers or chrome?

Started by russg, May 21, 2010, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerDodger

Color match them. Weld in the bolts and grind them off smooth first. And get rid of the rubber fillers. Move the bumpers closer to the body. :2thumbs:

71383bee

Quote from: RogerDodger on May 24, 2010, 09:38:05 PM
Color match them. Weld in the bolts and grind them off smooth first. And get rid of the rubber fillers. Move the bumpers closer to the body. :2thumbs:

that looks sweet!

did you change or keep the rear lights?

Its like dueling banjo's!?!?  Now we just need Beer to come in!
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

RogerDodger

Quote from: 71383bee on May 24, 2010, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: RogerDodger on May 24, 2010, 09:38:05 PM

that looks sweet!

did you change or keep the rear lights?

Its like dueling banjo's!?!?  Now we just need Beer to come in!

Kept the rear lights. I like your 71 lights better!

71383bee

Nicely done.

i have the stock 71's for sale... :scratchchin:

Might look good in satin.  I changed to the louvered style because...well is there a reason NOT too!   :icon_smile_big:

Then!

Now!
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Charger 1

I'm partial to painted bumpers on 3rd generation Chargers...................

71383bee

Quote from: Charger 1 on May 24, 2010, 10:14:09 PM
I'm partial to painted bumpers on 3rd generation Chargers...................

Cool a 72 SE with a hardtop!
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

russg

The more pics of color matched bumpers I see, the more I like it on this body style, I hope the painter can see about pulling the bumpers in closer to the body.  Thanks everyone for your input.  BTW the before pic of my car may look good from a distance but it was a poor paint job, you can't see all the peeling, flaking paint and worn through rough areas on the hood and roof.  It really needed fresh paint, I hope it turns out well.  Original color on this car was a rootbeer brown
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's