News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

should i offer a deal on this charger or let it go.

Started by spankmunky, May 21, 2010, 01:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spankmunky

what do you guys think i should offer for this charger. should i even mess with it. its alot worse than my 69 was when i started it. it has been on ebay several times, looks really bad. if some one lives near there and wouldnt mind checking it out for me that would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350353461868&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

spankmunky

it might be just a little bit out of my league. but i had seen that it sold but asked the seller if he had actually got rid of it and said the highest bidder didnt contact him. so i told him i would think about it and get back to him. my gut says to keep looking for the best deal since i have some money to play with. but if i can get it really cheap then i could use what i save on the car for metal work that i cant do. but any help would be great might be getting just alittle bit jumpy.

MoparManJim

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on May 21, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
That's a lot of work.

That would defind alot of cars out there  :smilielol: 

I say if you want a charger, a nice looking one, that sometimes you have to bite the bullitt. What I see there isn't much work. If you look at alot of chargers that are on this forum, just think how they look once apon a time before some of the members took or got the cars and redid them  :shruggy:. . Just o own one of these cars is also alot of work to.   

charger01

Unless you do bodywork I would look for another car.  That sheet metal work adds up really quick.  If you have the extra money, I would say it would be more wisely spent on a better body to start.

PocketThunder

Quote from: charger01 on May 21, 2010, 08:29:21 AM
Unless you do bodywork I would look for another car.  That sheet metal work adds up really quick.  If you have the extra money, I would say it would be more wisely spent on a better body to start.

+1   :yesnod:

Buy cars from out west   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 21, 2010, 08:44:16 AM

I'd pass on that one and spend a little more for something better. 
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

TeeWJay426

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on May 21, 2010, 09:22:43 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on May 21, 2010, 08:44:16 AM

I'd pass on that one and spend a little more for something better. 

+3  :Twocents:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

spankmunky

thanks guys, might have one in georgia thats all but done. if this worksout all ill have to do is paint it, put some rims on it and a few odd and ends then put it on the road.

PocketThunder

For example  http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1698159450.html

Your money ahead if you buy this car for $18,000 and drive away in it.  You can buy that other car for $3000 and easily spend $15000 on it.  But if you're a metal guy and you want to do body work, go ahead by all means.  I've done two cars now where i pull them out of a field and spend thousands of dollars buying parts and spend hundreds of hours welding and grinding and in the end, i always say next time i'm going to buy one already done!  this time, i did just that and couldnt be happier.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

That '70 almost sounds like a scam but maybe not. Lack of contact and caps always bugs me.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Lee

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 21, 2010, 02:31:41 AM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on May 21, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
That's a lot of work.

That would defind alot of cars out there  

My suggestion..I would "defind" this car and look for something better. Even if you want a project, I think for just a little effort you could find something with fewer issues. If you removed the trashed parts from this, it isn't much better than a $1K rotted carcass with few parts included.

viper r/t

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 21, 2010, 11:44:02 AM
For example  http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1698159450.html

Your money ahead if you buy this car for $18,000 and drive away in it.  You can buy that other car for $3000 and easily spend $15000 on it.  But if you're a metal guy and you want to do body work, go ahead by all means.  I've done two cars now where i pull them out of a field and spend thousands of dollars buying parts and spend hundreds of hours welding and grinding and in the end, i always say next time i'm going to buy one already done!  this time, i did just that and couldnt be happier.   :Twocents:

Yea, that black '70 is a scam. It's on ebay for like 30k..

bakerhillpins

Quote from: viper r/t on May 21, 2010, 12:15:23 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on May 21, 2010, 11:44:02 AM
For example  http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1698159450.html

Your money ahead if you buy this car for $18,000 and drive away in it.  You can buy that other car for $3000 and easily spend $15000 on it.  But if you're a metal guy and you want to do body work, go ahead by all means.  I've done two cars now where i pull them out of a field and spend thousands of dollars buying parts and spend hundreds of hours welding and grinding and in the end, i always say next time i'm going to buy one already done!  this time, i did just that and couldnt be happier.   :Twocents:

Yea, that black '70 is a scam. It's on ebay for like 30k..

And its listed in like 3 other states too. One of them is up in the North East (Maine?)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Well i'll be damned!! 

Try this then:  http://danville.craigslist.org/cto/1691992062.html

A 69 440 4-speed dana car.  Its 5 times the amount of the 70 but your end result will be worth twice as much.  see how that works?  plus its the better year anyways..   :nana:

spankmunky

yea im like the rest of you guys on this. i want a 69 so i was just looking at it like its a really crapy car so if i convert it to a 69 then i only better it with no real loss. just getting anxious we had our baby yesterday (a boy) and my other son is just getting in to cars so i really want a cool project to do with them. seeing as how it will take a few years to complete. let it sit for some time and buy up parts and when my littlest guy can turn some bolts we could get started on it. in the mean time me and my oldest son can do the tear down and get body work done. there are a few around here that would be great candidates but no one wants to sell them. would be nice to drive and then later build it like i want. i was thinking of offering him 4 or 500 for it anyway because realisticly thats what it is worth to me. i wouldnt pay 3000 for it. but at the same time there is still 1000's of dollors worth of work. ill keep looking. thanks again

charger01

I would think you would be wasting your breath though offering 4or 5 hundred bucks for it.  I mean you never know, but surely it's worth more than that.  In this market, I would say realistically 1500-2200

spankmunky

yea i understand that, just would low ball since it has been on ebay 4 times. frustration leads to good things sometimes lol. also try to get as cheap as possible so i could get more do to it sooner.

Cooter

One thing to remember when buying done is things aren't always as they seem AFTER you've blown your wad on that "Dream car", only to find out it's a Bondo buggy with a $20K pricetag...Sure, it looked good in the pics, but you get it home and get to picking at it, and the next thing you know, you don't have a quilt with a little fray, you now own a pile of yarn...At least when you build it yourself, even with countless hours, you at least know what you have in the end...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: charger01 on May 22, 2010, 10:29:27 AM
I would think you would be wasting your breath though offering 4or 5 hundred bucks for it.  I mean you never know, but surely it's worth more than that.  In this market, I would say realistically 1500-2200

I was gonna say are you actively trying to insult the guy right off the bat? If so that's a pretty good way to go about it. If you tried that with me the price would go up just for being a "Richard"

spankmunky

yea i do want to find one that isnt all done so i can see what needs to be done. if theres metal work to be done i would know about it. so i totally agree, i have had some bondo buggys before and thought they would just need some paint and off i go and then bam quarters, frame you name it lol.

spankmunky

as for 69dodge charger i dont just walk up and say heres the wad take it all lol, when someone says make me an offer i start with what id like to pay for it. if you have a price on it then i will try to haggel but i have a clear idea where i need to go and how low. i know how much i wanna pay for something and then when it exceedes that oh well gone is gone. theres nothing wrong with trying to get a better deal

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: spankmunky on May 22, 2010, 01:30:36 PM
as for 69dodge charger i dont just walk up and say heres the wad take it all lol, when someone says make me an offer i start with what id like to pay for it. if you have a price on it then i will try to haggel but i have a clear idea where i need to go and how low. i know how much i wanna pay for something and then when it exceedes that oh well gone is gone. theres nothing wrong with trying to get a better deal

I'm not trying to bust your balls here but don't you think offering somebody 80-85% less than what they are asking for it is a little insulting? If not try this. You are asking $100 for item "A" I come up and offer 15-20 dollars. (80-85% less) What would you do?

spankmunky

if ive tried to sell it 4 or 5 times i just might take that since it is not doing me any good, if i really want a 100 dollors for it ill tell you no thanks but i need 100 dollors for it. then if he wants to increase his amount but not to 100 then we have started bartering the price and maybe come to agreement that were both happy with. my 69 when i bought it the man wanted 10000 for it. i didnt have it all i had was 7500. i went back 2 or 3 times and finally the man told me he needed his yard cleaned and some of the other cars he had needed arranged and put on blocks. i did this and a few other odd ends and he said he would take 7000 for it. so togather we both got what we needed. what if i just gave up on 10000, or spent 10000 on it. then i would have been a few months behind on my car. might have been a good thing since i wouldnt have been in my wreck with it. i have had several cars and trucks and have always gotten a deal on them that was resonable to what i wanted to pay. if you buy a new car off the lot do you pay sticker price or do you haggel on it and try to save some money, or if the dealer says make me an offer do you start hi and hope he comes down for you, or do you try and get it as cheap as possible by offering the least amount for it.

Brock Lee

Realistically, he could part out the grille assembly, crush the rest and be ahead of your offer.