News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mecum auction

Started by 68blue, May 20, 2010, 07:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Went to the Mecum auction here in Indy yesterday. Saw one 68, nice resto mod, one 69 Gen. Lee, and two 70s. There was a completly changed 68 later in the day in the tent outside, all red, very modified.

It was odd as there were 4 Boss 429 mustangs there, a car I have seen only a few times, but so few Chargers. There were a lot of E Body cars there, and some nice Coronets. A great afternoon and evening.

69*F5*SE

bobs66440

Quote from: 68blue on May 20, 2010, 07:14:56 AM

, but so few Chargers.

Guess they want to hang onto them...I would too!   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

That's funny about the Boos 9 cars because I have noticed the same thing over the last 5 or 6 auctions.  Where I normally only cross paths with about one a year, so far there has been at least one at nearly each event and sometimes a couple.  Must be the flavor of the day?  :shruggy:

bobs66440

Were any of them clones? With all the clones made over the years, there's probably more Boss 429s on the road now than Ford ever put out.  :whistling:

Ghoste

All the ones we've run so far have been legit.

bobs66440

It's likely that people are trying to unload while the market is still there, demand for the Mustangs and especially '69 Camaros is high right now I think.

68blue

Only have one camera need to get another as the wife uses it all the time these days. High bid on the 68 was 35K and the owner passed. Nice car! :coolgleamA: