News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need suggestions on body filler

Started by sixpack_sid, May 17, 2010, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I am doing body work on my Charger and was wondering what body filler is best to use. I'm looking for one that will sand easily, but will not sand off, and will last a long time. What do you guys recommend? 
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

elitecustombody

the best on the market would be Evercoat Rage Extreme,it's about $60-up per gallon,next would be Evercoat Rage Gold,then it makes no difference to me between Z-grip,Rage or Lightweight, but all in all any Evercoat fillers work great and last long time with no issues ,atleast for me.

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: elitecustombody on May 17, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
the best on the market would be Evercoat Rage Extreme,it's about $60-up per gallon,next would be Evercoat Rage Gold,then it makes no difference to me between Z-grip,Rage or Lightweight, but all in all any Evercoat fillers work great and last long time with no issues ,atleast for me.

Yep, I've been using Evercoat Rage Gold. Pretty happy with it.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

FLG

jaak

Ive never tried those expensive fillers, like rage, rage extreme, etc. But I have always used evercoats regular lite weight filler, and have never had any problems with it. Plus its like 14 bucks a gallon around here.

Jason

vancamp

i used Evercoat Zgrip on a 66 i had, and always have Evercoat Rage in the shop.

Charger-Bodie

Rage Extreme or Marson Platnum ....Both top notch fillers. Make sure that you fill around any weld seams with Evercoat Everglass. I also like to use the everglass in areas that need more fill.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BlueSS454

I've been using Evercoat Rage Gold for a while myself.
Tom Rightler

bill440rt

Another vote for Rage Gold here, too. Spreads & sands very nicely. Haven't tried the Extreme yet.

Quote from: jaak on May 18, 2010, 06:07:52 PM
Ive never tried those expensive fillers, like rage, rage extreme, etc. But I have always used evercoats regular lite weight filler, and have never had any problems with it. Plus its like 14 bucks a gallon around here.

Jason

I was leery trying an expensive filler at first, too. But, after using it I'll never go back to a "cheaper" filler. My work turned out so much better. I spent less time sanding and sanding, correcting pinholes, etc. Well worth the extra $$$ in my book.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi