News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

platinum or iridium?

Started by flyinlow, May 13, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

The 446 has about 12000 miles on it now. I was using NGK standard plugs and I was thinking about puting NGK Platinum or Iridium Plugs in .

Anyone use either of these with Eddy heads and seen an improvment?

charger2fast4u

i have  a pretty much stock 440 6pack with a 4 barrel now instead of the 3 2 barrel carbs and i put the NGK iridium plugs in last time i changed plugs to try them out. needless to say i had to change the plugs a month later because they were causing backfiring rough idle and breaking up in the upper RPM's. put regular XR5's in and haven't had a problem since had the XR5's in since the end of last year. maybe you will have better luck then i did with them. just telling you my experience with them at around $50 for the plugs it wasn't worth it. i could of bought XR5's oil and filter for the price of the iridiums.

frederick

I've used the iridium plug and found out as flyinlow did, they don't last very long in a carburetted engine.
The car did start easier with the new iridium plug and got slightly better mileage, but I've too gone back to the normal plugs.

Cheers,

Frederick

bull

Seems most people recommend NGK XR5s on this board. Type "spark plugs" into the search box and you'll see what I mean.

flyinlow

I have bcpr6es-11 's in now. Sounds like an other set would be the best choice.   

Thanks  Craig

firefighter3931

Quote from: flyinlow on May 16, 2010, 07:54:55 AM
I have bcpr6es-11 's in now. Sounds like an other set would be the best choice.   

Thanks  Craig

The BCPR-6ES plugs are the right choice for a pump gas compression e-head build.

The XR5's are a 13/16 iron head plug

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

LUMI

I have used short Accel 416S
only ones that fits with eddy heads and Hooker 2" heeders :brickwall: