News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any help on paint for 70 b5blue dash?

Started by b5blue, May 02, 2010, 10:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm trying to sort out my dash and after removing some trim I see what looks like b7blue (a shade darker) on the frame. Is the dash all the darker shade blue? (Years ago the whole dash was painted black) My interior color calls for b5blue, like my exterior but having never seen a 70 b5blue interior yet I'm kinda lost on "correctness" and want to get it right while it's apart. Would "Mopaint" know?  :shruggy:

b5blue

68blue

The dash paints are textured and lower sheen than the exterior color. That will make it appear slightly darker. Had the same issue with mine when I brought the exterior color inside. Used a soft feel clear and sprayed with a light gun texture over the exterior color.

b5blue

Thanks! Now I have a starting point.  :2thumbs:

UFO

'70 service manual list's two blue's.
Baltic blue poly chry code-AC39EB7 Ditzler code-13705
Thunder blue poly chry code-AC39EB5 Ditzler code-13848
Both are a suede finish.

b5blue

Thanks again! I'll get samples to see what matches what little factory dash paint is left, I've been driving around with the right side of my dash dissembled to expose a sample.  :eek2: (it looks kinda like b7blue)  :2thumbs:

AKcharger

I have "bright blue metallic poly. But best way is to have local paint shop match it, mine match the original PERFECT! here's some shots of my interior

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35447.0.html

b5blue

That looks really nice!  :2thumbs: I was starting to give up.....but now there is hope! (no money yet...but hope!)