News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOING TO CARLISLE??? Dodge Charger get together at Carlisle

Started by kamkuda, May 14, 2010, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

I talked my wife into making a big batch of her chocolate chip cookies, even thou she isn't making the trip. :icon_smile_cool:
I do have a question. How tough is it to get one of those electric golf carts? I know they really clamped down on the use of them several years ago. Reason is my parents will be at the show Saturday. Mom's 80 and still in good health but all the walking and heat would be too much for her.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

gers1968rt

OK, I'll come up with the burgers, I just need to know how many will be there for lunch. Gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

TUFCAT

kamkuda

Quote from: gers1968rt on July 03, 2010, 07:16:21 PM
OK, I'll come up with the burgers, I just need to know how many will be there for lunch. Gerry

Thanks so much Gerry  
Lunch is happening now.

Thanks for the BBQ's, drinks, Salad, cookies, Sno cones and all offers.  This will be our first go and we may forget some stuff but we will give it a try  

71ChallengeHer

I have plastic spoons here at the house. Can someone bring paper plates ?

lexxman

When and where is the show.I might talk the wife into a road trip,my cars not close to being ready for the road,but I'd love that swap meet. :yesnod:

chargergirl

Happy Jealous of you guys getting together...have a GREAT time and find cool stuff!
Trust your Woobie!

Tilar

Looks like I'm for sure going to make it again this year, and my 77 year old mother just got a new knee in May and wants to come along.   :2thumbs:  She met a few of you last year and had a great time. We should get in probably mid day Friday.

Is this lunch for Saturday going to happen at the tent?  We can bring a potato salad with us or we can stop and pickup some burger buns or paper plates or just about anything we need.  Maybe we should make a list with names and who can bring whatever.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

kamkuda

Saturday Lunch at 12pm
Photos at 1 pm
please be a bit early for the photo

Here are your potluck voluteers, thank you so much
Please add if I have forgotten or got it incorrect.  If you can bring something else, please add to the list

Donated
resq302 -- SnoCones
snagm z -- bbq and hotdog buns
gers1968rt -- Burgers
71challengerher --pasta salad and spoons
Tilar - Hamburger buns
NHCharger -- Choc Chip Cookies

Needed.
A large sign that says, Dodgecharger.com potluck and photo Sat 12-1pm
Nametags
Hot dogs
Water
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
Other salad
Second BBQ

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 04, 2010, 01:21:40 AM

Do we still need paper plates?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

gtx6970

Hopefully I'm busier than all get out to make this event, but me gutt says it's gonna be a slow weekend and we'll be leaving earlier than last year on saturday afternoon

AKcharger

Hi Guys

Sorry to jump on a little late

- We found last minute rooms at Hampton in by 76, there was plenty of rooms at the Hotel Carlisle and the Economy inn
- We'll be there Wednesday, if there's any advance set-up help needed let me know
- What ever is needed for picnic that no one else claims Susan and I can get, we'll check the list on Thursaday and see what's needed
- I arranged for a Drive-in movie cruise Saturday evening to Cumberland drive-in http://drivein.81fun.com/ . I got approval from the Walmart manager to meet in thier parking lot;
--Start marshalling in Parking lot around 6pm and leave for drive in around 6:30pm
--Not sure what's playing
--Manager said he'd hook us up with front row parking and free popcorn, but have't been able to reach him in the past few weeks

Here's where we'll meet, the super walmart by 81 across from ApplebeesĀ® If you can make it great, should be fun. I'll try to update when I see the manager.

kamkuda

kamkuda

Quote from: kamkuda on July 05, 2010, 07:35:40 AM
Saturday Lunch at 12pm
Photos at 1 pm

Please add if I have forgotten or got it incorrect.  If you can bring something else, please add to the list

Donated
resq302 -- SnoCones
gers1968rt -- Burgers
Tilar - Hamburger buns
bakerhillpins -- Paper Plates

Needed.
Nametags
Hot dogs
Water
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
Other salad
Second BBQ

Dan T

I will try to bring condiments, Ketchup, relish, mustard..let me know if that is still needed.
Looking forward to it!!
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

Quote from: kamkuda on July 05, 2010, 06:17:30 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 05, 2010, 04:38:55 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 04, 2010, 01:21:40 AM

Do we still need paper plates?

Yes please,  Thanks

l will grab the paper plates and I PM'ed you about the other stuff.

Please excuse me if I missed it. When and where should this stuff be dropped off or should I just put it in the backpack Sat AM and have it arrive with me for lunch at noon at the tent? I will be staying at the QI if its easier to organize it all ahead of time and then transport it over.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

quapman

I don't mean to hijack, but if you're in the swap meet area, stop by and say hello. I'm at M179-181, near gate 7. Look for the Auto-Grip sign.

I tried several times to find you guys at the tent last year, but I was always either too early or too late...nobody home.

:cheers:

dodgert68

Kamkuda Hello thanks for all the organizing you've doing. I'd like to join the group for lunch on saturday i'll be there with the Make a Wish Charger (hopefully) and will be set up in the invitational building. I can stop and pick up katsup, mustard and relish if it is still needed. Also how much will be needed and what time should i drop off the items i'll be arriving at the fairgrounds on thursday afternoon. I met a few members last year at Norwalk when we were still building the car it'd be nice to meet the rest of the group thats going to make it.

Thanks,
Dave 

kamkuda

UPDATE 2
UPDATE 3
Saturday Lunch at 12pm
Photos at 1 pm

Donated
resq302 -- SnoCones
gers1968rt -- Burgers
Tilar - Hamburger buns
bakerhillpins -- Paper Plates ,Ketchup,Mustard ,Relish
dodgert68 -- Hot Dogs and water

Needed.
Nametags
Other salad
Second BBQ

kamkuda

Quote from: dodgert68 on July 05, 2010, 08:44:59 PM
Kamkuda Hello thanks for all the organizing you've doing. I'd like to join the group for lunch on saturday i'll be there with the Make a Wish Charger (hopefully) and will be set up in the invitational building. I can stop and pick up katsup, mustard and relish if it is still needed. Also how much will be needed and what time should i drop off the items i'll be arriving at the fairgrounds on thursday afternoon. I met a few members last year at Norwalk when we were still building the car it'd be nice to meet the rest of the group thats going to make it.

Thanks,
Dave  
I am a big fan of the make a wish foundation.  Are you affiliated with the cause.  We had my son at the Make a wish day at Mosport race track here in Ontario

As for the |Potluck...
:cheers: Thank you, bakerhillpins was kind enough to offer to bring plates and condiments.

We could use a couple dozen hotdogs, or a case of water
If anyone can bring some sort of extra grill, that would be a good back up.

I think it would be easiest to bring the stuff to the Dodge Charger Area on the Saturday if possible in a cooler if you have one

71ChallengeHer

Can you add a poll ? So I have a good idea how much salad to make . Thanks.

dodgert68

Ok i'm in for the hot dogs and a case of water but i won't have a cooler with me that big, i'm driving up in my Camry( i know don't hate but it gets 35 on the highway) and its already gonna be stuffed. If you're trying to get a head count i'll be joined by my wife.

kamkuda

Updated  Thank you
dodgert68 Maybe we can at the hotel the Friday Night and I will put the water and dogs in the car  Would that work? :cheers:

I do not know how to add a poll.  I have been guessing about 3 dozen people as this was a good turnout before.  But I may be underestimating the numbers now that we have an organized timing.

charger caro

Whenever :
Dodge Charger 1973
Trans Am T-Top 1979 Special Order
Camaro SS 1969
Camaro Z28 1980