News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barn find 69 SE

Started by SFRT, June 08, 2011, 04:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Rocker molding, 2 speed wipers.

Was original 3x green car. 69 didn't offer white with any other color other than black. White hat cars and SE cars shared 75% of the same options. If the white wall tires were the original then probably but we all know how fast tires get changed out. The only other option, LH remote mirror is probably in there anyhow with the power windows so the tag would be the only real way to know.

Nice car but 3x green is always a tough sell unless someone is going to repaint it.

Hood mounted turn signal wires are on the hood but don't make it to the firewall. Yea, that firewall wiring looks hacked.

Early build 69 with no headrests and the short bumperettes?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mikesmoparperformance

Great find how much :Twocents:? Does He want for it? Very nice 69 charger SE :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: SFRT on June 08, 2011, 04:56:59 PM
I think it is a 383 he just thinks its a 440. those interior pieces must be new. he only wants 10 grand for the car as it is.been sitting 20 years im sure the motor is froze up.

10grand? Sold! I want it it very nice car :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Just 6T9 CHGR

Tag & VIN info (both cars) for the Registry?  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

if your serious about it pm me I will put you in touch with the guy.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

it's a SE. see the chromed pedals and woodgrain on the dash,.. + stainless rocker trim power windows... trumps the white hat which was just a base appearance option group.

GordonGriggs

What state is this car located in?

elanmars

how was the floor and frame rails, by any chance? thanks.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

LoneStar Mopar

Looks like my type of car guy. I have a ton of the 1967-72 style Chevy trucks like the ones he has in the background of the Charger photos. If I werent buying a new house I would be a serious buyer. That 3x Green Charger would look great getting towed home behind my 3x Green 1972 Suburban.  

Finn

Wow, I feel ripped off paying 8,500 for my clunker...that car looks straight.
Do you know the back story on it? Original owner...Bought it planning to "fix it up one of these days"...Forgot he had it in the barn...Fan of the color green???
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SFRT

I have a message in to the guy that sent the email to me. hes off on a job so it might be a day or 3. hopefully he will get back to me.

I think the car is in california. maybe sacto.... I have no other info other than the pics and the description he added.

440 se  auto electric windows 10 K as is, more if they get the motor running.

Always Drive Responsibly

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: SFRT on June 08, 2011, 04:56:59 PM
I think it is a 383 he just thinks its a 440. those interior pieces must be new. he only wants 10 grand for the car as it is.been sitting 20 years im sure the motor is froze up.

Only 10 grand !!!!!! ??????????? that thing needs a total resto which you will be into it for 30-40 by the time you're done,as I said before,you guys don't get it,you'd pay that much for a huge project car,let alone NOT an R/T???Buy one done,get in it now and enjoy the ride.
$5k tops !!!!!!

daveco

If that car can be had for 10K, make it a runner and enjoy! :hack: :buff: : :pushup: :drive: Any simp could put that back on the road in a weekend.
R/Tree

Patronus

I only paid $8K for mine and could've driven it home. This does have some options, but let's face it, unless your looking for that particular car then its going to be a hard sell. It looks complete and relatively unmolested.. $10K on a good day
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

C500

Quote from: terrible one on June 08, 2011, 05:45:52 PM
Cool car and looks like a good project. Seems like someone could pick it up for a decent price too  :yesnod:

I would think it had green interior originally because the dash pads and bottom of the doors are green and the door panels/ seat covers look new.

:scratchchin:

I think so too. You can see some green arm rest bases in the trunk
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Looks pretty solid in the pics

Love to see cars in this kind of condition  :cheers:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: SFRT on June 08, 2011, 04:56:59 PMbeen sitting 20 years im sure the motor is froze up.

Not necessarily. My car sat outside in the Maine woods for 17 years and the motor is currently running good. I only had to replace tune-up type parts to get it running.

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 08, 2011, 08:37:06 PM

Only 10 grand !!!!!! ??????????? that thing needs a total resto which you will be into it for 30-40 by the time you're done,as I said before,you guys don't get it,you'd pay that much for a huge project car,let alone NOT an R/T???Buy one done,get in it now and enjoy the ride.
$5k tops !!!!!!

There are some people that may feel the need to give it a "total resto", but that doesn't mean it actually needs one. It could just as easily be treated as an ordinary used car; i.e., fix what needs to be fixed to make it solid/safe, and drive it. Not every old Charger needs to become a show car.

daveco

Considering that the bulkhead connector is pushed in, it was probably an electrical problem that got the car parked.
May not take much at all to get it driving again.
R/Tree

SFRT

I now have the sellers contact info if you pm me I will give it to you.
Always Drive Responsibly

Mikesmoparperformance

This car is sold!   Not to me :'( :'( But to some other guy :shruggy: I just wanne let you guys know that. :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

drifter69

Wow! That was more effective than the cars for sale section.  :smilielol: It was like a chunk of meat was thrown into a lion cage. :smilielol:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: drifter69 on June 19, 2011, 07:32:00 PM
Wow! That was more effective than the cars for sale section.  :smilielol: It was like a chunk of meat was thrown into a lion cage. :smilielol:

:smilielol: Yes it was, we got to have more like this barn finds :2thumbs:

:cheers: A 69 charger that nice with power windows is hard to find! :popcrn:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Troy

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 08, 2011, 05:52:42 PM
Was original 3x green car. 69 didn't offer white with any other color other than black.
I'm obviously no 69 expert but, just curious, what didn't come with any color other than black? Top or interior? I'm positive that I've seen other colors with white tops and/or interiors. Black/white would be a very rare combo in my experience. According to the dealer materials at hamtramck-historical.com, white tops and interiors were recommended for every exterior color.

Oops, never mind, I see that you're probably talking about the interior since the dash and carpet are green. They'd be black on a white interior car. It could still have had a white top.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Troy on June 21, 2011, 08:36:13 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 08, 2011, 05:52:42 PM
Was original 3x green car. 69 didn't offer white with any other color other than black.
I'm obviously no 69 expert but, just curious, what didn't come with any color other than black? Top or interior? I'm positive that I've seen other colors with white tops and/or interiors. Black/white would be a very rare combo in my experience. According to the dealer materials at hamtramck-historical.com, white tops and interiors were recommended for every exterior color.

Oops, never mind, I see that you're probably talking about the interior since the dash and carpet are green. They'd be black on a white interior car. It could still have had a white top.

Troy

Yep... that's where I was going with that, just talking about the interior.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.