News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOING TO CARLISLE??? Dodge Charger get together at Carlisle

Started by kamkuda, May 14, 2010, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamkuda

:coolgleamA:  GOING TO CARLISLE?????
What activities would be of interest to you?

BBQ
Pot Luck Lunch or Dinner
Group Photo of members
Meet and Greet
Swap meet list of needs and comparison
Meet and Cruise night?
Other ideas?

FYI In a moment of weakness last year at Carlisle, I offered to help with a Dodge Charger get together.  The DC people were great so I wanted your ideas and thoughts of what interests you.
:icon_smile_wink: :shruggy: :D
What would you attend and when?

NOTE PRE REGISTRAIONis only until JUNE 7 Save $10
Mark your club as DodgeCharger.com

Please have No spaces between Dodge and Charger so that we have consistant name to obtain the free tent

TUFCAT

Hi KamKuda,

Thanks for taking on the role of cruise director :2thumbs:

The biggest opportunity to get to know other members is the meet and great - - and a group photo is a must. :icon_smile_cool:

Perhaps if everyone met at a specific place and time (maybe Hoss's??) or at a hotel parking lot we could compare notes, and figure out what we could do as a group. Thursday evening is the best for early planning, however, we must also consider our Friday arrivals and arrange another greeting opportunity for them as well -  so we're all on the same page.

My two cents for planning a meeting is......as dumb as this sound now -  to get some name tags and a sharpie! (just for our meeting events).  Let's face it, lots of us know eachother by avatar name on the site and we've even communicated on-line but never met in person. In most cases, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea if I bumped into another member in the restroom. :shruggy:

I look forward to meeting all of you cats and having a great time! :cheers:  Luckily for me, I already know Jackie and Shelby, so they can introduce me to other members  :2thumbs:

4cruzin

Group photo and a meet and greet is also what I think.   :Twocents:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

resq302

Might not be a bad idea to have the group photo then a nice refreshing icee!   Courtesy of yours truely.  :)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

FLG

Tuffy,

Sometimes its not even avatar name...its avatar photo. So just come with a picture of the cat on you and ill know who it is. When people change there avatar I get all confused.

moparstuart

Quote from: FLG on May 17, 2010, 10:52:11 AM
Tuffy,

Sometimes its not even avatar name...its avatar photo. So just come with a picture of the cat on you and ill know who it is. When people change there avatar I get all confused.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on May 17, 2010, 03:40:04 PM
Tuffy,

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Just look for a 5'9" talking cat....it really shouldn't be that hard! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 17, 2010, 04:12:42 PM
Tuffy,

Just look for a 5'9" talking cat....it really shouldn't be that hard! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
furry fetish costume   :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

THE COLONEL

Yes the meet and greet woul d be great, and I love the gropup photo idea too.  I will not be arivng until friday morning, but checking into teh hotel after I leave the fairgrounds.  Plus for the meet and greet we need to seta place and time.  Maybe reserving a portion of a resturant...seperate room or something.....so we can all mingle?
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 17, 2010, 04:12:42 PM
Tuffy,

drinking a Coors Light  :cheers:  :nana:

gtx6970

Wahts of interest to to ?

for someone else to drive the 10 hours it takes me to get there, then drive me home while I sleep

spaces are paid for , same spots as last year  :2thumbs:

snagm z

if u guys want i could set something up on my  camp sites on the fair grounds. And we could have pizza delivered so we dont have to leave the cars or the fairgrounds to have a meet an greet. ill be there till sunday let me know the only issue would be seating
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Johnny SixPack

I'd love the chance to meet up with youz guyz and have a beer or three.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I don't know if I'll be able to go on the cruise yet (don't want to spoil my chances so I'll talk about why later), but anything else sounds like good fun. :2thumbs:

I get there on Thursday and I'll be staying at the Quality Inn (?), or where ever it is that the block of rooms for DC.com are reserved. :shruggy:

And if someone wants to split the costs/share a room, I'm game. :yesnod:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

kamkuda

Thank you for the replies.  Name tag is a great idea.  Would anyone offer to bring nametags and a marker

Attached is the 2006 photo. Everyone looks so happy  :nana:

At that time, we met at a designated time and took a couple photos, it worked well

I would like to set a time on Saturday for the meet and photo session. (this is when most people seem to be available for the best get together)

Please reply on your preferred time

1-Lunch 12-2 pm
2-After Lunch 2- 4 pm
3-End of Day 4-6 pm
4-After

We can then take any offers for beverages or ideas for pot luck lunch or pizza or ??

resq302

Quote from: kamkuda on May 19, 2010, 08:32:33 PM
Thank you for the replies.  Name tag is a great idea.  Would anyone offer to bring nametags and a marker

Attached is the 2006 photo. Everyone looks so happy  :nana:

At that time, we met at a designated time and took a couple photos, it worked well

I would like to set a time on Saturday for the meet and photo session. (this is when most people seem to be available for the best get together)

Please reply on your preferred time

1-Lunch 12-2 pm
2-After Lunch 2- 4 pm
3-End of Day 4-6 pm
4-After

We can then take any offers for beverages or ideas for pot luck lunch or pizza or ??

Hey wow, I guess I was at 2006 Carlisle.  Damn my memory is getting bad.  Option 1 - lunch time 12-2 is a good time for me for pic.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Old Moparz

If I can make my schedule work this year, I was thinking about selling some extra parts & parking my camping trailer on the vending space. It has a 20 foot long canopy on it, so there's a decent amount of room to hide from the sun & have a cold one.....or two.....or even a lot more than that.

As for name tags & markers, that's a good idea. The avatars & usernames combined on the tag would be perfect, but I doubt it'll be easy.

I need to order that T-Shirt I've been wanting.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 20, 2010, 10:43:15 AM

shhhhhhhhhh, don't mention T-Shirts

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on May 20, 2010, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on May 20, 2010, 10:43:15 AM

shhhhhhhhhh, don't mention T-Shirts

Why? I don't think people will have any issues with Jesse setting up a D-C.com T-Shirt booth.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BrianShaughnessy

I have the 2008 pic...     I missed '07 cause I was napping at Speedo's tent, and  last year was unable to get a pic due to group lack of interest in assembling in a shabby formation  :shruggy:

Somehow it works out for the noon - 2 timeframe.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on May 19, 2010, 12:12:19 PM
I'd love the chance to meet up with youz guyz and have a beer or three.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I don't know if I'll be able to go on the cruise yet (don't want to spoil my chances so I'll talk about why later), but anything else sounds like good fun. :2thumbs:

I get there on Thursday and I'll be staying at the Quality Inn (?), or where ever it is that the block of rooms for DC.com are reserved. :shruggy:

And if someone wants to split the costs/share a room, I'm game. :yesnod:

Man, Johnny.. It would be cool... Maybe next year............ There's a lot of guys from the Northeast I'd like to meet.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Tilar

Is there going to be a tent like last year? I think noonish or so would be fine. I have my hotel reservations at the Quality Inn but I have a lot on my plate this year... I hope I get to go.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

I also made a reservation at the Quality Inn. :yesnod:  It been the hot spot for a few years. :icon_smile_wink:

chargergirl

Not making it to Carlisle but wow is this a good lookin' group!
Trust your Woobie!

bakerhillpins

If one could only make one day which should it be? Saturday would be logical based upon meeting everyone but what about from the event standpoint?

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.