News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

header tetris

Started by chargd72, May 14, 2010, 09:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Fellas,
I'm ready to order headers for the 72 SB.  I know a lot of people in cali have trouble with emissions, but do most full headers pass everywhere else?   :shruggy:

Also, can anyone suggest full headers that will fit a SB without modding the power steering?  Most people say TTI but who knows what works and what doesn't work from ACTUAL experience? 

Thanks,
r

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

charger2fast4u

can't go wrong with TTI they are by far the best fitting exhaust for mopars. great quality work it's the only exhaust i would ever buy. depending on your application you might need to modify transmission kickdown linkage upgrade to a mini starter ect... go to this link and look what footnotes they have for your setup  http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-TTI340ABE/SBheaders.htm

chargd72

There's no doubt that TTIs are the best fitting but they are a little pricey for my budget.  Anyone have any success with anything else??

...Or know about emissions?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

draftingmonkey

Not sure which headers would work but any gasoline powered 1975 year model or older vehicle in Cali is exempt from emissions.

Cooter

My experience with SB headers is this.....There's a reason TTI headers are for the "Well off" croud..They FIT...

Everything else requires some form of mods to make the cheaper ones work...Simple as that...They've come ALONG way since My days of dropping the drag link to install the driver side header, but they still haven't adapted TTI's design into the cheaper, Painted header yet...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"