News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Mount Bolts

Started by Moparbob, December 23, 2008, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Howdy,

Anyone know the length/grade/diameter and washer size of the main engine mount bolts is 73 spool type mount? Just the long ones that go all the way through with the locking nut. I don't have any and would just like to pick up a set.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

chargerguy111

Anyone know what size bolts I need for the engine mounts for a 1968 B model 440?

Kern Dog

Quote from: Moparbob on December 23, 2008, 07:56:53 PM
Howdy,

Anyone know the length/grade/diameter and washer size of the main engine mount bolts is 73 spool type mount? Just the long ones that go all the way through with the locking nut. I don't have any and would just like to pick up a set.

I know that the factory used a special 7/16 shaft bolt with a 11/16 or 3/4 hex on the end. The V8 cars used a longer bolt than the slant six cars did.  Those bolts featured 2 spades midway through to keep the bolt from spinning. I dont know if anyone is repopping them.

chargerguy111

Thanks Red 70.Do you know if they used washers?