News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nascar Hall of Fame Opening/#71 Daytona, #43 Charger & Ol'Blue

Started by WINGR, May 12, 2010, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

I would imagine alot of you were watching the coverage of the opening of the new Nascar Hall of Fame in Charlotte. If so you would have seen the awesome #71 Daytona which I believe is Tim W.'s car, as well as Richards Ol'Blue. Another awesome part of the coverage was when Richard drove up in his famous #43 Charger in which the commentators mentioned the sound of the Hemi. That car looked and sounded fantastic.  :2thumbs:

41husk

I was a little disapointed in the coverage.  I kinda wanted to se more on the old stuff.  I guess if they would have had more on the pioneers, some people would have been saying they wanted more of the new NASCAR.   :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70Sbird

Quote from: 41husk on May 12, 2010, 09:44:18 AM
I was a little disapointed in the coverage.  I kinda wanted to se more on the old stuff.  I guess if they would have had more on the pioneers, some people would have been saying they wanted more of the new NASCAR.   :shruggy:

Today many NASCAR fans consider Jeff Gordon and Rusty Wallace "Pioneers"

Scott Faulkner

Highbanked Hauler

Sad but true, :yesnod: Its the same thing with other sports all most people see is the here and now,not what it took to get there. Most people aren't into history. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

41husk

I am not a NASCAR fan.  I have never been to a race, but since purchasing a car hauler that was given to Cotton Owens, owned by Owens, Marty Robbins, and Neil Castles, I have researched the history.  The old stories, drivers and history itself has got me interested.  I would go watch a race and believe the past NASCAR history is much more interesting than the corporate ran NASCAR of today.  I also understand, like other sports history the people who did it in the past, were there because they loved it.  They new all aspects of the sport, driving, mechanics, transport and promoting.   :Twocents: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Big Bird

Maybe a "new" location for DSAC or Wing Warrior Club to consider for future reunions or annual meets. Combining the Hall of Fame & Charlotte Motor Speedway may give the "nostalgic" concept more meaning.
BIG - BIRD :)

moparstuart

Quote from: Big Bird on May 13, 2010, 08:31:13 AM
Maybe a "new" location for DSAC or Wing Warrior Club to consider for future reunions or annual meets. Combining the Hall of Fame & Charlotte Motor Speedway may give the "nostalgic" concept more meaning.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

we were just there in '07 with WW.  it was a blast...

moparstuart

Aero426

It has been on my mind, and would be a no brainer to combine a HOF visit with a meet.   We had talked about doing something in the Spartanburg SC area.   The only downside I could see to the Hall of Fame is it is in downtown Charlotte.

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on May 13, 2010, 01:06:28 PM

It has been on my mind, and would be a no brainer to combine a HOF visit with a meet.   We had talked about doing something in the Spartanburg SC area.   The only downside I could see to the Hall of Fame is it is in downtown Charlotte.
They should have put it by the track  ?     If you do get your meet set up that memory lane museum in morrisville really is cool and neil has been involved helping them out .