News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

taking flight

Started by rattlehead_74, May 11, 2010, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 19, 2010, 08:14:22 PM
ok finally finished!   does anyone know how long i should let the crete cure before lifting?   thanks!

Ideally, you should have waited at least 2 weeks of curing before you even bolted the lift in place.

4 weeks is he best cure time before you point load pressure on the concrete.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

rattlehead_74

darkman...do you think i hurt anything by putting it in so soon?...

Chargen69

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 19, 2010, 09:25:40 PM
OMG!! That's genius! What an idea! I've never seen that!!

AWESOME IDEA!!!!    another thing to remember whenever I get a place to put a lift.   :cheers:

moparmoynihan

Those lights are killer!!!!!! Good job man. Johnny  :METAL:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

RECHRGD

I hope you get those lights sealed up really good.  Any fluid leak into them would not be a good thing.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

bobs66440

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 21, 2010, 09:12:12 AM
I hope you get those lights sealed up really good.  Any fluid leak into them would not be a good thing.  Bob

Do you have plexiglas or lexan over it? I think brake parts cleaner will instantly destroy either.

RECHRGD

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 21, 2010, 09:50:16 AM
Quote from: RECHRGD on May 21, 2010, 09:12:12 AM
I hope you get those lights sealed up really good.  Any fluid leak into them would not be a good thing.  Bob

Do you have plexiglas or lexan over it? I think brake parts cleaner will instantly destroy either.

Actually, it looks like there are all kinds of code violations there because of the location (Classified location).  If you were to go by the book, those fixtures would have to be rated as a class 1 div 1 (I think) location and have a suitably rated (explosion proof) fixture with seal off fittings at 18" above ground on the supplying conduit.  At this point, just try to seal them up as best you can with a suitable material and DON'T SPILL ANY GAS ON THEM!!!!!!  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

rattlehead_74

Thanks for all the replies fellas :icon_smile_cool:,,the lights will be sealed in with   1/4 in anchor bolts ,,i am using 1 inch thick plexiglass and sealing them up with gas,oil,water resistant ,rubber material,my friend got for me,,hopefully it works out ...(im the gopher)...if not ..ill pull the plug and fill em in ,,,call it a day....as for codes...ummm...to be quite honest,,i didnt even think twice ,,it just sounded so cool i guess my brain wouldnt allow me to question it ...oops,hopefully mister code enforcer doesnt decide to drop by 

RECHRGD

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 21, 2010, 05:48:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies fellas :icon_smile_cool:,,the lights will be sealed in with   1/4 in anchor bolts ,,i am using 1 inch thick plexiglass and sealing them up with gas,oil,water resistant ,rubber material,my friend got for me,,hopefully it works out ...(im the gopher)...if not ..ill pull the plug and fill em in ,,,call it a day....as for codes...ummm...to be quite honest,,i didnt even think twice ,,it just sounded so cool i guess my brain wouldnt allow me to question it ...oops,hopefully mister code enforcer doesnt decide to drop by 

I didn't mean to burst your bubble, but there are reasons why you've probably never seen that done.  Done in full compliance with the NEC would be extremely expensive, neat idea but not cost effective at all.  Gas vapor is heavier than air and will collect at the low levels of the structure.  There is a reason why garages cannot have any stove or pilot light within 18" of the floor.  If a spark was to occur inside of a fixture with gas vapors present-----well you get my drift.  I like your idea to "pull the plug and fill em in".  It's really an accident waiting to happen.  Be safe.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

rattlehead_74

thanks bob...that actually opened the old eyes,,sometimes i guess impulse takes over and a person doesnt allow themselves to think rationally  kind of like buying a car!(which ive done a thousand times...and later regret it !)  anyway,,,thanks for the input,,  i think i will mix up some crete this weekend and seal er up,,,,hell the lift itself is going to save alot of troubles ,,no need to make a complete lazyboy out of it ,,right???lol...later :cheers:

RECHRGD

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 21, 2010, 06:15:19 PM
thanks bob...that actually opened the old eyes,,sometimes i guess impulse takes over and a person doesnt allow themselves to think rationally  kind of like buying a car!(which ive done a thousand times...and later regret it !)  anyway,,,thanks for the input,,  i think i will mix up some crete this weekend and seal er up,,,,hell the lift itself is going to save alot of troubles ,,no need to make a complete lazyboy out of it ,,right???lol...later :cheers:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
13.53 @ 105.32

Darkman

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 20, 2010, 06:38:16 AM

Depends on how soon you put them on and what mPa concrete was used. Concrete gains most of its compressive strength after 24 hours, but is still soft. If you put it on a few days after the event you should be ok
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

rattlehead_74

Quote from: Darkman on May 21, 2010, 09:24:01 PM
Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 20, 2010, 06:38:16 AM

Depends on how soon you put them on and what mPa concrete was used. Concrete gains most of its compressive strength after 24 hours, but is still soft. If you put it on a few days after the event you should be ok

The concrete was 4000 psi..white rock.from a crete truck..it was poured may 15 ....i installed the lift  :-\ tuesday  havent lifted with it though...just cycled a few times  ...im gonna wait...  dont feel like "dying for my dream car" ....hehe...TY..later

mikesbbody

The lights are the icing on the cake! man, I wish I had one of those!

Dodgecharger74

I have been a EC for 30 years  I would not put that type of light there they woul need to be explosion proof & rated for weight placed on them
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

RAC95054

Quote from: rattlehead_74 on May 19, 2010, 09:15:21 PM
thank you moparsons  :cheers:  that was my bro-in-laws idea.. he helped me with this project...great guy :cheers:

Awesome! I only wish I could have a setup like that... or even the room for it!  Well done!  :2thumbs:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar