News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Cragar rims & M/T tires....PICS!! Dialup beware!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 11, 2010, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Got the car out today after work.  was nice here in SINY early in the day then became over cast so these aren't the greatest pics  :-\  Car looks RED when the lighting is like this

I think I have myself a new ride!!   :cheers:
I definitely captured the look I was going for with this combo....  :cheers: to me!   :nana:

Specs are as follows...

Cragar 500Series Eliminator 15x8's (all 4) with 4.5" back spacing
Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T 245/60/15 front & 295/50/15 rear

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

CB

Very nice, Chris, Congrats on the choice!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

First pic is my new desktop pic, with your permission :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

MoparManJim

Chris, I can see the orange shade in it just fine man, good choice on the rims again :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oestermarken

69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

ChargerĀ“69

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

:o   :drool5: :yesnod:  that looks awesome !!  deffo a different charger now   :yesnod: :drool5:
love that forth picture  :drool5: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

vancamp

Musicman

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Back N Black

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

chargergirl

Beautiful! Glad it could come out and play now.
Trust your Woobie!

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

thanks for the kudos guys & girls :thumbs:

Really wanted to get something a bit different other than the TQ's & the BFG's
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Nice. So which month would you like to reserve in my 2011 calendar?

AKcharger

Chris

They fit in there real nice. what's the stats on the wheel/tire combo you used?

:2thumbs:

RD

those rims kick ash... how much and where did you get them?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Wow, that could just be my new favorite wheel!

694spdRT

Sweeeet!

So how mad will you be if a few more members here order some of those?  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

RT/SE

Those rims look great!!!!  I really like the Mickey Thompson tires as well.  Nice to see something different :2thumbs:

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

BombSquad

68 Charger - 440 EFI/SS700 5 Speed
70 Duster - 225ci

bakerhillpins

Gotta say that when you posted those rims in the other thread I didn't like them.  :eek2:

But on the charger they look really sharp!  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 694spdRT on May 11, 2010, 08:59:15 PM
Sweeeet!

So how mad will you be if a few more members here order some of those?  ;)

He can't he invited them to by posting  :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: AKcharger on May 11, 2010, 08:07:06 PM
Chris

They fit in there real nice. what's the stats on the wheel/tire combo you used?

:2thumbs:

Modified the first post to reflect the combo

Quote from: RD on May 11, 2010, 08:33:55 PM
those rims kick ash... how much and where did you get them?

Got them from www.performanceplustire.com
Mounted, balanced filled with Nitrogen and new lugs... exactly $1100 shipped to my door in NY from their place in CA.  Came boxed individually.

Quote from: 694spdRT on May 11, 2010, 08:59:15 PM
Sweeeet!

So how mad will you be if a few more members here order some of those?  ;)

Not mad at all...I think others will benefit from me being the guinea pig ;)   They come in other flavors as well.......black centers, polished & full Chrome

Quote from: bull on May 11, 2010, 07:56:44 PM
Nice. So which month would you like to reserve in my 2011 calendar?

Surprise me! :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

elacruze

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 11, 2010, 09:55:26 PM
Gotta say that when you posted those rims in the other thread I didn't like them.  :eek2:

:iagree:

Silver car with black top, black stripe, black wheel centers...big HMMM

I really need to crack this photoshop lol.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

mikesbbody

Tilar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 11, 2010, 09:55:26 PM

:iagree:  Same here. I wasn't impressed by the first pics but man they look good on that Charger.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

greenpigs

He needs some white coated headers now and go for an "Old School" retro look.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

NYCMille

Dude... really tasteful and they totally give the car a different look. I really like them man, congrats!  :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks again all!   I hope to see some of you guys/girls at Raceway Park this weekend :cheers:

Actually I really hope to see some of you because I cant afford their food their now.....

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

richRTSE

Nice pictures, those rims look good! :2thumbs: I just bought a set of the chrome Magnums for my car, otherwise I might think about buying myself a set of those... :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

I wonder why they dont offer them in 16"... is that not a popular wheel size?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

451-74Charger

Neal_J

XS29J8

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 11, 2010, 04:24:51 PM
Got the car out today after work.  was nice here in SINY early in the day then became over cast so these aren't the greatest pics  :-\  Car looks RED when the lighting is like this

I think I have myself a new ride!!   :cheers:
I definitely captured the look I was going for with this combo....  :cheers: to me!   :nana:

Specs are as follows...

Cragar 500Series Eliminator 15x8's (all 4) with 4.5" back spacing
Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T 245/60/15 front & 295/50/15 rear

Lookin good Chris, reminds of the old INDY Magnesium 5 spokes with the black anodized spokes and polished edges..........
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

TUFCAT

I love the wheels  :2thumbs: - just don't care for those tires.

Your retro/modern look could be more awesome with modern radial redlines (same size) from diamondback in my humple opinion.  :Twocents: :Twocents:  But I could be the only one.... :shruggy: so go out and enjoy!! 

moparstuart

Do these wheels come with black in the spokes ?  I think that would look great .  HOT WHEELS   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Hey Chris..
A little late in my reply.............. But man,,, What a difference !!!!!  I bet she rides like a totally different car now........   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69*F5*SE

I can't stop coming to this thread to look at your Charger with these new wheels.  They really give the old Magnum 500's a run for their money. I hope they're available when I get my Charger finished in the next century, lol.  Again, great choice.   :2thumbs:  Ted

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 13, 2010, 11:17:26 AM
I love the wheels  :2thumbs: - just don't care for those tires.

Your retro/modern look could be more awesome with modern radial redlines (same size) from diamondback in my humple opinion.  :Twocents: :Twocents:  But I could be the only one.... :shruggy: so go out and enjoy!!

Thats what was on the car originally!   ;D   Unless you mean the redlines with THESE new rims? :scratchchin:

Quote from: moparstuart on May 13, 2010, 12:49:52 PM
Do these wheels come with black in the spokes ?  I think that would look great .  HOT WHEELS   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  

Yup they do....also in polished & full chrome
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

Opps, sorry....  ;) YES! I meant redline tires with these rims :drool5:  I LOVE the rims!  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

i just noticed you got drums on the front...
  :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 13, 2010, 06:45:34 PM
i just noticed you got drums on the front...
  :shruggy:

USED to.....was originally a manual drum car (old pic)...have since switched to an SSBC disc brake set up & added the correct booster..

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68RT4ME

Oh Man Chris, I thought your car was already Outstanding but now it's at an all new level. Looks FANTASTIC!!!  :drool5:  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Chatt69chgr

Those new wheels do give the car a much different look.  Compared to the older ones you had, I'm starting to like them better---fills the wheel wells.  Kind of like the lettered tires too.  I'm wondering if a 7 inch front tire would look better with the 8 inch rears.  Couldn't move the wheels from front to back and vice versa then.  But as few miles as these cars are driven, that might not matter.  Was the $1100 for both the wheels and tires?  Overall, the car is just outstanding.  Great job on the restoration.

Rolling_Thunder

The engine bay looks amazing Chris -  the A/C even looks great on there      :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on November 01, 2010, 09:55:32 PM
Those new wheels do give the car a much different look.  Compared to the older ones you had, I'm starting to like them better---fills the wheel wells.  Kind of like the lettered tires too.  I'm wondering if a 7 inch front tire would look better with the 8 inch rears.  Couldn't move the wheels from front to back and vice versa then.  But as few miles as these cars are driven, that might not matter.  Was the $1100 for both the wheels and tires?  Overall, the car is just outstanding.  Great job on the restoration.

Thanks it was $1100 shipped to my door for the wheels/tires mounted & balanced & a set of 20 lug nutz!!

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 01, 2010, 11:13:42 PM
The engine bay looks amazing Chris -  the A/C even looks great on there      :2thumbs:

Thanks Alex :cheers:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charge69

Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth to the conversation.  I am still trying to decide what wheels to put on the '69 when it is finished and  that will be sooner rather than later.  That said, your choice is a beautiful look for your Charger and will get due consideration.

By the way , I do have the 5 original 15" wheels that came on the car and acquired a NOS and untouched set of '69 15" turbine-type hubcaps that were optional on my car that it came with originally from the factory. Very lucky to find these as they are practically unobtanium! The hubcaps are new-in-the-box, unopened except for one being inspected,  and I am a little afraid to put them on the car.  Just not sure if it is the best for it as I wanna drive it some and skinny bias-ply tires are not as good as fat radials for sure. This engine (done) puts out serious HP and is too much for the bias-ply tires anyway.

Your new wheels and tires are another great look for the Charger though and looks amazing on your car.

Carl

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: charge69 on November 02, 2010, 08:30:01 PM
Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth to the conversation.  I am still trying to decide what wheels to put on the '69 when it is finished and  that will be sooner rather than later.  That said, your choice is a beautiful look for your Charger and will get due consideration.

By the way , I do have the 5 original 15" wheels that came on the car and acquired a NOS and untouched set of '69 15" turbine-type hubcaps that were optional on my car that it came with originally from the factory. Very lucky to find these as they are practically unobtanium! The hubcaps are new-in-the-box, unopened except for one being inspected,  and I am a little afraid to put them on the car.  Just not sure if it is the best for it as I wanna drive it some and skinny bias-ply tires are not as good as fat radials for sure. This engine (done) puts out serious HP and is too much for the bias-ply tires anyway.

Your new wheels and tires are another great look for the Charger though and looks amazing on your car.

Carl

You will obviously find this hard to believe,but the modern bias tires hook better than most radials out there today. The newer compounds of rubber with the older tire design work very well together. I love How my car handles with the repop polyglass too. The radials do handle some better,but not by as much as most people think.....and the bias tires just plain look awesome on these old cars IMO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charge69

Thanks for the input and ........ I haven't made my mind up either way as you just don't see Chargers with the older hubcaps and bias-ply tires anymore and I am still looking for a "unique" look!  Still could have the original F-70 15"s (redline is original) on it with original hubcaps! Especially at the rare show I attend.   Cannot get over how good Cragars look on these old cars.  It is, by the way, A R6 Red car with white vinyl top , interior , and  white R/T stripe. Probably looks very nice with the old-style redline tires and rare hubcaps as they have a red semi-circle (I think) in the center.I haven't seen them in about a year , to be honest.  No need to Hijack this thread as the Mods wheels look great too. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just to keep it going heres a few more recent pics.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Is your speedometer true/correct, with that tire size?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 03, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
Is your speedometer true/correct, with that tire size?

It is about 2-3 mph off....I did change the gear in the trans to the "red" one I think to coincide with the 3.55:1 ratio rear I am running....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

None of my cars have a accurate speedometer  :brickwall:
Love that tire and wheel combo  :drool5: