News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rejetting AVS's from cooler to hotter environments

Started by hemi68charger, May 11, 2010, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello all..
I was posed a question and I'm not sure how to answer it. If a car, a '69 383 Road Runner with it's original AVS is from the NorthWest, what mod's would one do, if any, to the jetting/metering when the same said car moved to sea-level and the hot South in Houston?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

I'm thinking that unless the dealer or anyone else re-jetted it it should be the same. The FSM spells out the jets. rods etc for each carb by part number and doesn't differentiate by State, elevation etc. for that number.

Ghoste

Agreed, that's one of the advantages or disadvantages depending on your point of view with the Carter carbs, set 'em and forget 'em.  If you find the performance changes after the move and thinks it's fuel related there are a few things you can do with the AVS but I wouldn't start changing things in anticipation.

hemi68charger

Thanks Jim and Ghoste...
I'll just rebuild it for/with him and get'er goin'.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection