News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cleaning moldy gauge faces

Started by superbirdtom, April 30, 2010, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

Unbelieveably my tic toc tach  faces are a nice bright white  but the other gauge faces are dank and moldy looking  is there something I could use to clean them ?or do i need to order new silkscreened faces for them?  thanks   superbirdtom

Topher

Use Vinylex and q-tips-works great. Spray some Vinylex into a cup and dip the tip in and work it around the surface of the face, then buff with a soft cloth.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Hemidog

I read somewhere that the tic-toc-tach was made by someone else than the rest of the gauges, hence the better quality face.
I would add some new decals if the old faces are brown, they look good.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The decal kit from www.performancecargraphics.com is pretty cheap & easy to do.   Freshens up the gauges nicely
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

superbirdtom

:cheers:  thanks  everyone I will try the vinylex first and see.  didn't know that about the tach  always learn something new on here.      Now  where might I shop to find some vinylex,  thanks  tom

Topher

Advance Auto, Pep Boys, vinylex.com-free shipping with purchase.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

bull

I don't think that's mold even though it sort of looks like it. Usually it's corrosion on the metal gauge backing and IIRC the reason the tach and/or clocks always look so much nicer is because they are aluminum. You need to get that corrosion dealt with and then put new decals on the faces.