News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MAgnum 500s

Started by dd44068, May 06, 2010, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd44068

Ok some my rims are showing a little age and I would like to help them out. I have a few questions,

1. what kind of paint do guys recomend to touch up the black in the center?
2. What would be the best way to do it ( brush or gun)?

Thanks in advance for the help Dom.

ODZKing

DD, I used "Trim Paint" on mine.  Something in it makes it stick to just about anything.  I'm also lucky, my wife doesn't mind masking off items for me.  She's very patient ... she'd have to be with me.
Anyway the brand I've used (below) is made by Sherwin Williams I believe. It is excellent.  Sort of in between a satin and gloss - perfect for this. I even sprayed the drums behind the wheels with it.
I also tried a brand called Plasti-Kote.  But it's very difficult to find here.  Worked just as well.

resq302

Ive used Krylon 1613 Satin / Semi Flat black.  Turns out good and seems to have good adhesion.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto