News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW- '73 318-2bbl Charger

Started by 69bronzeT5, May 06, 2010, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Me and my dad found this Charger last year sitting and last summer it vanished. Then it appeared again not too long ago. Anyways, turns out it's a '73 318-2bbl car. Original paint. Underside is good. Front floor pans have some pin holes. Needs paint for sure and interior needs work. Needs a dash pad, carpet and a headliner. Runs and drives apperentley. When it disappeared, I was told it went to the owner's friend's shop to get new exhaust and get it all tuned up and driveable. The exhaust does look new. Not much rust. What do you guy's reckon it's worth? I know how much the owner wants for it but let's see what you guys think......
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rudyjrusa

TruckDriver

I really need to move to Canada. I can't find anything like Cody does for car around here. Around here, you would pay $1,500 for a rusted out pile of crap, that doesn't have doors, or hood, or even a engine that runs. I'd happily pay $2500 for that Charger around here.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

No interior shots but you say it needs a dashpad, headliner & carpet. looks like rust brewing under the vinyl below the rear window. $2k tops, and it better run good for that price.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

oldrock

2K seems fair if it does run. A shot of the interior and engine compartment would help set value.

TUFCAT

For $3,000 it would make a nice car - - and the new owner (and seller) should be very happy...  :icon_smile_wink:

Okay...... maybe, I might go $3,500 TOPS - - just because of the original FE5 Rallye red paint :D  Yes, I'm a sucker for FE5 Red/Black Chargers!  :2thumbs:

Chris G.

That's a $500 car tops. I had a better one (SE Big Block and loaded) during the better days of selling and couldn't get 1K for it.

69bronzeT5

So enough people have guessed I figure it's time to let the cat out of the bag. My dad got the owner's number from the guy who lives at the house and right before my dad phoned he said 'I want that car'. He phoned and after talking to the owner, my dad then said 'I don't want it anymore. The guy wants $5,600'!!!!!!!! :faint:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 06, 2010, 07:20:53 PM
For 3,000 it would make a nice car - - and the new owner (and seller) should be very happy...  :icon_smile_wink:

My price guess might be high---(but like Pete already said) living in Michigan, it's really not far off the mark for a complete running car that's not totally rusted out.

Being honest, I gave this car a premium price over an SE - - In fact, I prefer it's not. This makes an excellent Charger Rallye clone candidate! :2thumbs:

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 06, 2010, 08:13:37 PM
So enough people have guessed I figure it's time to let the cat out of the bag. My dad got the owner's number from the guy who lives at the house and right before my dad phoned he said 'I want that car'. He phoned and after talking to the owner, my dad then said 'I don't want it anymore. The guy wants $5,600'!!!!!!!! :faint:

ask him to stop smoking the ganja, wake up, take a shower, then find a extremely large rock to bang against his head so he can knock some sense into himself as it is a perfectly good waste of my time to fly to canada to do it personally. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jaak

I bought a '72, 318/2 bbl a couple of years ago....complete, solid had dings/dents, needed interior, and so-on, I gave $800 for it.

Jason

71383bee

A lot of SANE advice here.  i would go to $1500 at best if it runs...and it better run good. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

451-74Charger

Hes been looking at ebay prices i Bet
lot of 6k car on there that DONT sell, or sell to idiots