News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar Hotwheels, Superbird, '69 & '67 Charger, Roadrunner, GTX

Started by SeattleCharger, December 13, 2005, 06:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Thanks a lot guys!

Because of this thread I ended up buying a whole pile of Hot Wheels this weekend.   :thumbs:

My Wife thinks I am nuts!

TruckDriver

I actually bought the '70 Superbird, '69 Firebird, '05 Mustang & Cobra too when I bought the Duster
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69_500

How many different wheel combinations are there on the new Superbird by Hotwheels? I now have 8 copies of 2 different rims. Is there a 3rd?

TruckDriver

Quote from: 69_500 on December 19, 2005, 06:40:51 PM
How many different wheel combinations are there on the new Superbird by Hotwheels? I now have 8 copies of 2 different rims. Is there a 3rd?

Yes there is.

Quote from: mustanghater on December 19, 2005, 06:02:19 PM
I gotta find the JL cars. How detailed are they?

There pretty good. No Dandury Mint car, but they got some good detail (above average).
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Here's a link to the JL '69 Charger if anyone wants to see the detail better.

diecastmuscle

PETE

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Shakey on December 19, 2005, 01:02:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

Because of this thread I ended up buying a whole pile of Hot Wheels this weekend.     :thumbs:

I know, it is addictive, I have been thinking about going to the store often to look.   I have been buying more now.     The cars I put the pics of here are my first ones I started buying.   
  Get this:   I tried a different Target and the cashier lady was looking at me and I said, I know, I am a little old.   She then asked me if I was a dealer.   I said, huh?   She said, do you deal.   I said no, just like the old Mopar cars.     She said guys line up at the door on Thursday mornings before the store opens, that is when they stock the Hotwheels, jeez.   She said they sell them online for ten bucks each.     I told her how the green Superbird I had was worth some money I read here.   Anyways, I guess some stores are like that, the store I live near said they randomly stock the cars, I found another Charger on a different day than before.
  I am starting to buy other makes of muscle car Hotwheels besides Mopars.   I should have grabbed the Firebird and the Chevelle you got when I saw them the first day, next time I went back those were gone, so they are prob. more desirable cars to have.   Oh well.   I know I'm not waiting in the morning for the doors to unlock, just going to go every once in a while and look for the old muscle car Hotwheels.   A few buck here and there.     Got some cool cars now though.  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Shakey

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 21, 2005, 12:38:46 AM
Quote from: Shakey on December 19, 2005, 01:02:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

Because of this thread I ended up buying a whole pile of Hot Wheels this weekend.     :thumbs:

I know, it is addictive, I have been thinking about going to the store often to look.   I have been buying more now.     The cars I put the pics of here are my first ones I started buying.   
  Get this:   I tried a different Target and the cashier lady was looking at me and I said, I know, I am a little old.   She then asked me if I was a dealer.   I said, huh?   She said, do you deal.   I said no, just like the old Mopar cars.     She said guys line up at the door on Thursday mornings before the store opens, that is when they stock the Hotwheels, jeez.   She said they sell them online for ten bucks each.     I told her how the green Superbird I had was worth some money I read here.   Anyways, I guess some stores are like that, the store I live near said they randomly stock the cars, I found another Charger on a different day than before.
  I am starting to buy other makes of muscle car Hotwheels besides Mopars.   I should have grabbed the '69 Camaro and the Chevelle you got when I saw them the first day, next time I went back those were gone, so they are prob. more desirable cars to have.   Oh well.   I know I'm not waiting in the morning for the doors to unlock, just going to go every once in a while and look for the old muscle car Hotwheels.   A few buck here and there.     Got some cool cars now though.  

The worst part about all of this, I have put all the cars in a trunk in my basement and have no intentions of looking at them, using them or really showing them to anyone.  I did not even buy them to sell, I simply wanted them!   :shruggy: :image_294343:

I did however take the '69 Charger and one of the '71 Roadrunners out of their packages to display in my office.

I saw one the other day on e-bay - $86.00 USD because it had a black interior.

This one is on there today - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Wheels-Custom-Dodge-Charger-6268-original-NR_W0QQitemZ6995606067QQcategoryZ1172QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BigBlockSam

my wife got me these at target awhile back. we have an unwritten law with my wife. if she runs into mopar diecast in a store cheap. pick them up for me. she's cool that way. i like the mod design with the big wheels.

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SeattleCharger

Those are cool.  I like the orange/red one and purple one, cool stance, lowered, wheel size, etc.  I was going to stick with Hotwheels, but if I see those I will get em. 

SeattleCharger

Wouldn't mind finding one of these.     

Hey, what year is this Charger?   J K  

inhrmswy

I have been looking at walmart since I saw this thread start and havent seen any of them yet...I did pick up a 68 dart the other day though.  It was a matchbox one and it sits in my stocking waiting for me...figured I had to have something to put in there.

TruckDriver

PETE

BB1

Delete my profile

SeattleCharger

Quote from: cudahob3 on December 24, 2005, 10:20:51 AM
Got mine.

Alright, you scored on the good Mopar ones I have been looking for.   Haven't seen that green '67 one yet.   I like those Johnny Lightning models, have to start keeping my eyes peeled for those, have really only been looking at Hotwheels basically.  

The other day I was getting some Gatorade in a QFC grocery store and found the '70 Superbird again in a very small Hotwheels section on a food aisle I just happened to notice while walking to the register.     The thing is, the big Toys r Us didn't have any Mopars or muscle cars in prob. like a thousand cars, but Target and this grocery store did.     So maybe Wallmart doesn't have much either, or the dealer/collectors hit these big stores early and wipe em out.  

69bananabeast

I picked up and extra '69 charger and 70 superbird . If any one wants one PM  me
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

TruckDriver

PETE

SeattleCharger

SeattleCharger

Ya, Target had four Superbirds today.   This is a little addictive looking for these Mopar cars.   Getting a few now.   The '69 Charger R/T seems to be the hardest to find.

mopar_madman

I just scored a bunch of johnny lightning mopars at menards yesterday, but the best was a hot wheels race track I got for christmas with a charger and a superbird as the race cars. My girlfriend found it a carson pirie scott.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

my73charger

I have a five year old son that has every mopar hotwheels, matchbox, JL that I have ever found.  He loves it.  Actually I love it too.  When we get into a store the first thing we do is head for the toys and see if there is anything new.  I do let him play with them though just like I did as a kid.  Haven't gotten into the collection of unopened boxes yet.  I do with somebody would make a decent 73 Charger though.  JL makes one that would be a replica of my car but man it is a lame one.  Wheels don't even line up with the wheel wells.

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

TruckDriver

PETE