News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar Hotwheels, Superbird, '69 & '67 Charger, Roadrunner, GTX

Started by SeattleCharger, December 13, 2005, 06:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69bananabeast on December 29, 2005, 05:47:04 PM
Are the gold wheels rare ? m istake?

Of the seven I have found so far, one is gold, and one is a bigger chrome rim, the other five are same, don't know if this indicates rarity or just random chance.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SuBLimE 69

Alright dang it.....I can take no more.  I am off to the Super Wal-Mart.  Maybe I can take my kid with me so I don't lose any cool points while digging in the toy section.  :icon_smile_cool:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 14, 2005, 11:54:06 AM
I had figured that there was 3 different rims available on the Superbirds. I have 8 copies of 2 of the rim's. But can't seem to find that ellusive third style yet in my many searches at Walmart, and Target, Meijer's, or anywhere else.

There was a release of Daytonas back in 1996 I think it was that was a Red car that had the same deal. 3 different releases of rims. I wound up with about 150 of those cars all in all, but about 80 have the same rims, 65 have the second, and only 5 with the third style.

This comment here seems to shed some light on wether some rims are more rare than others. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just picked these up in Sears!     On sale $2.00 each!   Who would have thunk it?? ;)

These are the Hot Wheels Classics series.   Almost like the Neo-Classics Club Only 69 Charger I posted before but these you can buy in the stores.....

PS---notice the Road Runner stripe on the GTX??!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SeattleCharger

Those are cool  I didn't know Sears had a toy section.  Now I gotta go to sears.   :icon_smile_big:   I saw that series of hotwheels at Target, but they didn't have any Mopars, just a Chevelle, Vette, some others.     Sometime they gotta make a '68 Charger hotwheel. 

69_500

Hey Chris they also have the 66 Charger in a chrome body as well. Got 3 different stlyes of that car for my boy for christmas.

Heck he even got a Johnny Lightning Superbird Christmas orniment this year.

inhrmswy

I finally scored 2 of the blue 69 chargers today at wally world.  Probably only cause I was there at 11am on new years day.  that was the quietest I have ever seen walmart.  if anyone wants to trade one of my R/Ts for a superbird or a RR let me know.

SeattleCharger

Hey, got my hands on a new one haven't seen before, from Walmart.     Hood opens, detailed engine, rubber tires, red rear lights, etc., can't open hood though if I don't open package, oh well.        It's 1/64.     sorry the pics are a little blurry.

TruckDriver

Here's one for Todd.

I paid $120.00 about 6 years ago for one in this shape with the box. I even have the hard to find newer yellow cab/blue box one with the superfast wheels. This one is still at a reasonable price yet. These are hard to find in this shape.

Matchbox K-16-A1 Dodge Tractor With Twin Tippers

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SeattleCharger

Target had another silver one of these, and also a purple '69 one I haven't seen before, has the old school redline tires.    1/64, but they cost five bucks each.   

SeattleCharger

Andrew

Has anyone else noticed that the right window on the hotwheels '71 gtxs is slightly misshapen?(I only have 3, 2 yellow ones and one silver one with the RR stripe, and yes I did take one of the yellow ones out of the box to play with, I have it in my hand now)

69_500

Next time my wife asks me why I spend so much time in the toy aisle of stores, I'll tell her to read this thread. She thinks i'm the only person over the age of 7 in the toy section.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Andrew on January 12, 2006, 12:12:14 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the right window on the hotwheels '71 gtxs is slightly misshapen?(I only have 3, 2 yellow ones and one silver one with the RR stripe, and yes I did take one of the yellow ones out of the box to play with, I have it in my hand now)

I looked at mine still in the box and I am not sure I see anything that looks wrong.  I have three yellow ones.  I can sort of see the other window while they are in the box, they look even from the top view.  I don't know.     

8WHEELER

I need to find those silver and purple ones 1/64, its not easy for me to pop in the stores that often, but
the store like Target I have been in lately have nothing left..........  :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 12, 2006, 02:38:43 PM
I need to find those silver and purple ones 1/64, its not easy for me to pop in the stores that often, but

Dan

The Target here in W. Seattle downsized their hotwheels, they have about a fifth as many or less.  They have nothing now.  One of those silver ones I got is from Walmart in Mt. Vernon or Bellingham, not sure, someone I know saw it and knew I would like it.  The closest Walmart I know of around here is Renton, right near the 167 and 405 interchange, near the dealerships and theatre.   Haven't been there yet though.   

I logged into that Hotwheels website mentioned by  Just 6T9_CHGR.... and they have a trade section in there.  I was hesitant to trade there though or buy some by mail because I am not familiar with anyone there.  Just checked it out.  There are quite a few Mopar hotweels being sold or offered for trade there though, prob. a lot cheaper than buying one on ebay.  I don't know. 

Andrew

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 12, 2006, 01:48:41 PM

I looked at mine still in the box and I am not sure I see anything that looks wrong. I have three yellow ones. I can sort of see the other window while they are in the box, they look even from the top view. I don't know.

The forst pic is what the corner of the window is suppost to look like, the 2nd pic is what one of the windows looks like on the hotwheels cars.

TheGhost

Andrew, they only cost, what, 70 cents?  Don't expect it to be perfect.

Oh, and I went to Walmart today, and they have about a dozen of the blue 69 Chargers.  Also had 2 of the Superbirds, which I got.  If anyone wants one of the Chargers, PM me, and I'll go see if they are still there tommorow.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Andrew

Quote from: Ghost on January 13, 2006, 02:27:58 AM
Andrew, they only cost, what, 70 cents?  Don't expect it to be perfect.

Ghost, Im not complaining, I just think Its odd that they got it right on one side, but the other is slightly misshapen.

I also Got two of the green superbirds today.

SeattleCharger

Dan

The Walmart in Renton was cleaned out, practically no Hotwheels at all. 

But I did find these cars.  Two cars together for 97 cents, '69 R/T of course, and the silver car says its a 2001 Dodge Super 8 Concept car.  but Chargers at least, don't have em so I bought them.  The black car is a '56 Chrysler 300B. 

SeattleCharger

Dan

Hey Dan,  I have just figured out that Bartells and Walgreens are great places to look, not picked over at all like the Toys R Us or Walmart.

Help!   I gotta stop buying these things.

Found the blue one again in a three pack under a different brand name.  I have a couple of these to trade to anyone, for a Mopar Hotwheels I don't have.

Also, found these orange '69 R/T ProRodz, pretty cool.    Can't wait for a Mopar car show, take pics of real Chargers. 

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Shakey on December 14, 2005, 09:12:37 PM
Took the plastic models I built and put them by the burner on the stove - soften up the plastic and mold them into "wrecks".  I was real creative, er destructive, when I was a youngster!
I used to tape a whistling Pete on top and have "Jet Cars"...  They melted pretty good too... 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 14, 2006, 01:36:13 PM

Also, found these orange '69 R/T ProRodz, pretty cool.    Can't wait for a Mopar car show, take pics of real Chargers. 

Mmm.....orange!!!   I have the purple & green ones in that model
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Figured I'd put an update on this thread instead of starting a new one.

The Limegreen Superbirds are available in 4 different rims now. Also there is a LemonTwist Yellow Superbird available from HotWheels. Both cars are number 001 on the top and listed as 1 of 38 for the year 2006.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 05, 2006, 12:16:30 PM
Figured I'd put an update on this thread instead of starting a new one.

The Limegreen Superbirds are available in 4 different rims now. Also there is a LemonTwist Yellow Superbird available from HotWheels. Both cars are number 001 on the top and listed as 1 of 38 for the year 2006.

Thanks for the update, and then I had to go try and find a LemonTwist Yellow Superbird, no luck, but I did find a lot of Mopars in the last two days between two Targets after going to four of them.

First pics are a Hotwheels '68 Dodge Dart and a Johnny Lightning Mopar Muscle Magazine '67 GTX and 2 more Superbirds.  Then some of the ProRodz '70 Challenger R/T's in both orange and yellow and a silver with red stripe Charger R/T I didn't have before, and one Target had six of the Hotwheels UltraHot silver Charger R/T's