News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how would you handle this?

Started by HKCharger, May 04, 2010, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKCharger

Why is it you fail to speak to the proof of purchase of my new hughes converter?

You tried to pull one over on me and it caused damage to my transmission thus resulting in it now having to be completely rebuilt.

Why did you do that?

451-74Charger

At this point this discussion should be between the two parties involved and attourneys.
The post is rapidly turning into a he said, she said, name calling thread, like so many others on other boards. I suggest you take this offline and finally post the outcome when that happens.

It is not for the vendor to post "proof" on a public forum, that is between you two. If the part was recondition or used, that again is between you two. As I see it you both should settle this like adults and as there is "an offer" or remediation, if you are not willing to accept, then you need to find an independant person to arbetrate for you if you dont wish it to enter the legal system. but this is not the place for this discussion past this point.

If I was a mod here, id have no hessitation of locking this threat right now.

HKCharger

This is getting no where, im done.

Khyron

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 06, 2010, 12:14:12 PM

go apply here then http://www.moparts.com

he said she said is fine. the bottom line is people need to see things like this so they can form their own opinions. It's called open communication and people have the right to voice it where ever and how ever they wish. There is no name calling, insulting, or political debates going on here. The only thing that should be done is moving it to general conversations, as it is no longer a Charger conversation.

I am not a mod, but if we had it your way the BK General lee thread would have been locked as a great many other threads that warn people of these half baked shops.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

451-74Charger

I dont agree fully, maybe i can be a little zealous, but .. The issue did not even appear to be 2 days old when the thread started. I think we should have a seperate good guys/Bad guys thread where discussions like this can be put where anyone interested in the outcome could go look.

To warn is one thing, but at least give fair chance to remedy the situation before posting on several boards. I know we can all be driven by anger and frustration, but you should always give the other party fair oportunity to explain or resolve the issue before calling them out.

Mike states I need to bring it back and he will make it all 'right.'

If the shop did not do as they were paid for, you are right on calling them out, If there are multiple employees, 1 could have thought the other had done the work etc, either way what wasnt done wasnt done, and as a result you were inconvenienced. The Torque Converter is another story. if you were intentionally mislead, then like a dog, i'd go for his balls too.

I am not trying to side with anyone here, I saw Mike's posts, I read yours and everyone elses and to be honest, with the comments posted here, you'd have quite a fight. Personally, id take the refund and my parts and call it quits, unless you can PROVE neglegence. Intentional Fraud is a harder battle to fight

451-74Charger

Quote from: Khyron on May 06, 2010, 12:25:42 PM

he said she said is fine. the bottom line is people need to see things like this so they can form their own opinions. It's called open communication and people have the right to voice it where ever and how ever they wish

I come here for the open discussion, However when 1 person calls the other a liar, and vice versa, thats name calling and has no place in this forum. Again, I think a seperate area for good guys/bad guys would keep this out of the daily "Charger" discussions

HKCharger

his solution- bring it back, and he would make it right.

my solution- No. With that many things done wrong/not done as requested yet charged for/I will not be taking my car back there.

So, he has agreed to refund my money and return my old parts to me.

HKCharger

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 06, 2010, 01:13:43 PM
Quote from: Khyron on May 06, 2010, 12:25:42 PM

he said she said is fine. the bottom line is people need to see things like this so they can form their own opinions. It's called open communication and people have the right to voice it where ever and how ever they wish

I come here for the open discussion, However when 1 person calls the other a liar, and vice versa, thats name calling and has no place in this forum. Again, I think a seperate area for good guys/bad guys would keep this out of the daily "Charger" discussions

Ive requested it be moved to the appropriate forum.

451-74Charger

HKCharger - you seem to have a valid grievance with this supplier/vendor. at least the issue is not as bad as it could have been, imagine if the convertor had failed at the track or worse still, on the highway.

on a personal note.
No hard feelings, I enjoy the company of nearly everyone on this board, and having time to think on original postings usually lessens the frustration somewhat, I know, I have posted and wished I hadnt said things before.

Mike Miller,
Welcome to the board. Albeit, i wish under different circumstances. Please be sure that your reputation will follow you around, and that your offer to make this situation right is not ignored. If we hear good stories about your work you may find other board members at your door asking for work to be done, however if the reverse is true, and you do not treat customers fairly, be sure word gets around quickly and none more so that negitive commets.

I just want this board to not turn into that other site, (im not naming names...mprts) as we are above the petty bickering that others like to play on so much. A few years ago i'd be offering to drive over with the "buddies" but recently I have had things happen in my life that have made me look at these things in a different way.

FLG - thanks for the link, there is so much more of this story we were not aware of.

SFRT

hmmm..ok my asshole opinion: in direct answer to the question of this thread: how would I handle this?

1.change my own oil and sparkplugs.

2.order my own converter, take it to a researched and reputable local transmission shop and hang out while they changed it out....or better yet, swap it myself.

If any of the above is 'impossible' due to space, tool, time, skill or local business limitations...maybe you shouldnt own a finicky 40 year old musclecar. maybe you should have a warrantied Prius.

and yes, I am opinionated asshole,lets make that perfectly clear...and your not interested in my comment, but, you posted on the forum....... :o

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

whelp, read the whole moparts thread.... I don't see 2 sides, I see the same thing.

pay cash or debit? but get from jegs or summit and don't have a receipt? where is that BS smilie?

I own a my own business, and I am 100% responsible for everything in and out that shop, if you have an employee that screwed up that bad, they got caught this once, how many other people have not found junk parts in their cars? How many other cars with shotty work left that shop?

I agree with the above statement, this is why I learned how to work on my own cars.... and only trust 2 local places because I am close friends with the owners.

*EDIT* ohh and 451-74Charger .... we're cool :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

472 R/T SE

This HKCharger character is none other than runninhorn, uthuster.  Hell, I don't know all of his usernames.

Why bring all this up?  Cause I have zero use for you.  I wouldn't wheel across the street to piss on you if you were on fire.

Just search "runninhorn" to get the gist.  

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 31, 2009, 05:14:41 PM
:scratchchin: runninhorn wanting,.. no, offering to buy (and owning) every car on the internets,.. finding out the modtop daytona was real... where is musteang hater?..
And on top of all would be franks turning the scow into what she is today,.. took like 9 mos and he only worked on it like 4...
great stuff.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41760.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Khyron

lol, this just went from good to GREAT!

*EDIT* EPIC THREAD SOON!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HKCharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 06, 2010, 03:28:56 PM
This HKCharger character is none other than runninhorn, uthuster.  Hell, I don't know all of his usernames.

Why bring all this up?  Cause I have zero use for you.  I wouldn't wheel across the street to piss on you if you were on fire.

Just search "runninhorn" to get the gist.  

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 31, 2009, 05:14:41 PM
:scratchchin: runninhorn wanting,.. no, offering to buy (and owning) every car on the internets,.. finding out the modtop daytona was real... where is musteang hater?..
And on top of all would be franks turning the scow into what she is today,.. took like 9 mos and he only worked on it like 4...
great stuff.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41760.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

Your use for me or irrelevant post is off-topic and has nothing to do with how I was wronged by a shop.

Oh but hey, at least i bought a car-but I guess you could care less. I dont care for you and could give 2 sh*ts for you either- but that isnt what we are discussing.

We are having a civil discussion here regarding my car and how this will be handled. We have come to an agreement and will see how it turns out.

Back on topic.

SFRT

Hey runninhorn I have a sweet MIG23 jet fighter for sale want to buy it?
Always Drive Responsibly

HKCharger

Quote from: SFRT on May 06, 2010, 03:37:38 PM
Hey runninhorn I have a sweet MIG23 jet fighter for sale want to buy it?

No, Im fine thanks.

SFRT

I take Western Union or Cash!
Always Drive Responsibly

472 R/T SE

Your past is completely relevant to what's happening now.

I can't help but laugh, karma's a bitch.   :smilielol:

HKCharger

Quote from: SFRT on May 06, 2010, 03:43:19 PM
I take Western Union or Cash!

good for you, that no relevance to the issue here regarding what occured.

HKCharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 06, 2010, 03:43:51 PM
Your past is completely relevant to what's happening now.

I can't help but laugh, karma's a bitch.   :smilielol:

you are entitled to your opinion, i disagree but then again could care less what you think. Back on topic.

moparstuart

or how about a charger 500 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

HKCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on May 06, 2010, 03:46:31 PM
  or how about a charger 500 

No thanks 1 is enough/hand full.

Khyron

ahhhhhh, i have to close now... i'll be back tonight for the LOLz!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.