News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 vinyl lower dash pieces

Started by Patronus, May 04, 2010, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

I've come to wits end on a custom Mappa Burlwood dash for my '69 Charger.  :rotz: Borrowing a miracle on the glove-box door I will succumb to the original designs. After long searches I have yet to find replacement lower dash pieces and glove box door. Have any of you replaced these? and if so how $$? (color black)
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Chatt69chgr

Well, your in luck.  PG Classics just announced, via their catalog, that they are repoping these pieces.  I ordered the one that goes on the right of the steering column.  I ordered the one for ac but they have the non-ac one too.  Only bad part was they called me back and said it would be part way through May before they get them in.  No problem for me as I'm not in a hurry anyway.  These pieces may be available from other sources but I have not run across them before.  Don't know if they are on the website.  May have to call them.  You will get Peter Gee's wife, at least, I always have when I have ordered from them.  Her english was not too good when she first came over (as his fiance) but she does pretty good now.  I've ordered a few item from them (and have ordered tons more from BEA) but have no complaints about their products or service.

Patronus

thanks boss  :2thumbs: guess Im just in time....
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Just 6T9 CHGR

T-riffic...after I spent 6 months trying to find a "decent" A/C pad that still needed work :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Patronus

Called PG today. They say end of May and $75/$175/$75 for each piece....or at least in black...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

SFRT

CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Patronus

Mike from BE/A said he didn't have anything yet, but he was working on it.
He seemed pretty cool and helped me out on some other stuff too...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68r/t

Quote from: Patronus on May 06, 2010, 05:03:46 PM
Mike from BE/A said he didn't have anything yet, but he was working on it.
He seemed pretty cool and helped me out on some other stuff too...
Mike told me 2 weeks ago that the sample ones he got fit like crap, so he said it might be a while before there are ready.
On a good note they are almost done on the correct armrests. :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

that sounds reasonable, I paid 150 bucks for a 40 year old AC center dash piece. Altough it is in perfect shape it's still 40 years old and probably won't fit 100% though....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ryan

Quote from: Patronus on May 06, 2010, 04:24:15 PM
Called PG today. They say end of May and $75/$175/$75 for each piece....or at least in black...

Those are great prices. Cant wait to see them when they are available. I had to buy 3 complete sets off of ebay to piece together one good set for my 69 a few years ago. What a pain that was.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

68r/t

Has anyone heard any news on the dash pads yet?

Chatt69chgr

I've got a standing order in with PG Classics and have heard nothing yet.

charger70john

Talked with Mike on the phone yesterday, still a problem with the fit. I believe he said he's sending a dash frame for them to use so they'll work right.

Patronus

as of 7/20, expect 'em end summer....if we're lucky
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Chatt69chgr

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to getting these.

70daytonaclone

nice post any update on when these will be available? thanks for the cinnection. :cheers:

sanders7981

AWESOME!!! I was looking for some of these myself!  Cant wait! :popcrn:

Chatt69chgr

I wonder what the holdup is.  Seems like they have had long enough to get them out.  I think Mike Ross was going to work with Peter to get the problems ironed out on these.  I hope they still intend on bringing these to market since they are sorely needed.

1968 Charger B5

Just want to send my  :Twocents: about the disaster that was my exp. with PG Classics. I ordered in March from them several interior pieces, I was told by the woman on the phone I would receive them within 4-5 weeks. Well, 6 weeks goes by I call them, same lady answers and says they have no received it yet it would be another few weeks, I asked how long since I would like to plan accordingly, I got no answer. I called back again 3 weeks later to find out they just got sent out, FINALLY they showed up a little over 3 months later. If it was going to take that long, then just say so on the phone do not lie to me. Anyway I opened the box to find out, they shipped me two sets of the passenger side panels and pads... Upon calling them I was on hold forever waiting for an answer. I had to pay for shipping to send them back so they could send me the right ones. It was ten days to ship back to them, I could only assume they were going to not et back to me, I waiting for 2 weeks no phone call back, figures...I call them, she answers oh yea we are shipping them now...blah blah blah....I was angry and after minutes of saying how they breached the contract by sending me the wrong pieces, they reimbursed me for shipping, but agi only after I had complained. Maybe it was a fluke experience with them, maybe I am making a bigger deal out of it than I should be, but I was VERY disappointed with their customer service, shipment and even their products are decent, but no where near the quality of other companies out there. Dealing with AMD, and other companies like BEA who are nothing less than glad to render thier services, obviously PG will not see my business again...
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Chatt69chgr

Probably need to deal directly with Mike Ross at BEA.  Peter Gee is the Canadian who owns PG Classics and Mike is the distributor in the USA for his products.  As you found out, PG Classics will sell directly to you but you will end up dealing with Peter's wife.  She is a nice lady but I think she is in over her head in the office they have.  I don't think PG would be as successful as they are if it wasn't for Mike.  He works directly with Peter virtually every day trying to get the products made properly and in production.  I think Peter spends a lot of time in China at the factory he has there.  Any products that have a Mopar Logo on them I think only Mike handles.  Peter grinds the Mopar logo off if he sells that part (at a slight discount).  In any case, Mike is the man.  Give him your business so he will continue to support us.

warpspeed

Hey guys, just found out about you this week.  I am working on a 68.  The finish is being completed at this moment.  Am realizing that my lower dash pads are in bad shape.  This thread is answering my question about replacing these parts.  What is the latest news on whether the parts are available for the 68, if different from the 69.   :drool5:

Chatt69chgr

Good question.  Call Mike Ross at BEA mopar and ask him for an update.  I have a feeling that not much has been done.  Apparently, there was a fitment issue with the original repop parts.  Mike was going to work with Peter Gee to get these parts squared away and make them available.  Now I'm talking about the 69 pieces.  Don't know about the 68 ones.  I need them for my 69.  Lots of others need them.  I wish they would become available.

70daytonaclone

I decided to sell my car to help pay bills,put it on ebay and the auction ended yesterday,winning bidder turned out to be a DEADBEAT non payer even after giving a warning not to bid if not going to pay. Fair Warning don't deal with Bryan(KKonja(237)on ebay hes a non ppaying bidder.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

I've noticed those as well.  I'd have to talk to an upholestry guy to see if they could be made to work.  I'm definitely interested as mine are all warped :brickwall:

tomfed

I got a real nice i'm real nice 69 glove box door,and left lower pad in orginal black.i might have a ignition pad but i know it's not black and its for a/c.

BY RSCO

Quote from: tomfed on January 31, 2013, 08:10:51 AM
I got a real nice i'm real nice 69 glove box door,and left lower pad in orginal black.i might have a ignition pad but i know it's not black and its for a/c.
Any pics of these? Mine are not horrible, but I would like a better set to get rid of the big gaps between them