News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daughter is gonna drive the charger last day of school.

Started by vancamp, May 04, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

well my Daughter is graduating this year and their last day of school is friday kind of a tradition here is all the seniors make a couple laps around the school on their last day and she asked if she could drive the charger, her class is about 26 kids total and around the school twice is about a mile i thought it would be something she would always remember driving a Charger R/T her last day of school.

moparsons

69bronzeT5

Awesome! Very cool of you :2thumbs: I drove my Duster on my last day back in January (graduated 1/2 year early). I've always heard about cool car awards and everything but yet my school had nothing like that :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

472 R/T SE

Right on.  Cool Dad status.

I hope my daughter changes her opinion of old cars' by that time.  She currently doesn't want anything to do with my cars.   :-\

Mikesmoparperformance

I wish I could do that driving a charger to school awesome!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

vancamp

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 04, 2010, 06:20:10 PM

I hope my daughter changes her opinion of old cars' by that time.  She currently doesn't want anything to do with my cars.   :-\
everbody tells me im raising somebody the perfect wife she is smart (got full scholarship to college) loves old cars  (especially mopars) will sit and watch racing for days if you let her and loves trap shooting with her 12 gauge.

bull

Better get her in there for a few practice runs if she hasn't already. :o

kingjoop

cewl  :2thumbs:

it seems like you have to write a book; how to raise kids the right way  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

41husk

I'm sure she will have some boys talking to her Friday :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RECHRGD

That's really cool of you.  Is it going to be parked in a high school parking lot all day?  I'd be a nervous wreck!
13.53 @ 105.32

ODZKing

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 05, 2010, 07:41:14 AM
That's really cool of you.  Is it going to be parked in a high school parking lot all day?  I'd be a nervous wreck!
Ha!  Me too.  But that's great of you to let her do that.
Ahh, the sacrifices we make for our kids huh?

41husk

I drove the Daytona clone to Wrestling practice last night and parked it in the athleti parking lot.  It was terrible, I must have peeked out the door to make sure it was ok 15 times :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats and good luck.    :2thumbs:    Read the fine print on your collector car insurance (if applicable).

Seeing as how the step daughter just got her license a week ago and has never driven a stick,   she's got about no chance in heck to drive my Charger on her last day next month.   Which is about the same odds she has on any other day for the rest of my life  :scratchchin:     But at least she passed her road test on the first try... must have been the parallel parking lessons I gave her  :icon_smile_big:

I remember the last day of school way back when...   I had Sinnamon all decked out with stupid water color paints with stuff like a big US flag on the roof cause that's what we did back then.   I did a big burnout leaving the last time... and got pulled over by the cop hiding around the corner waiting for somebody like me to do something dumb    :slap:

:smilielol:     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Skyview69

That will be a memorable experience for her   :2thumbs:
Everyone will be envious  :D

oldrock

everbody tells me im raising somebody the perfect wife she is smart (got full scholarship to college) loves old cars  (especially mopars) will sit and watch racing for days if you let her and loves trap shooting with her 12 gauge. [/quote]

Too bad you are not in my area, my son has a 72 charger and could use dating a smart girl with full scholorship who also happens to like old cars. And she likes shooting guns too... bonus points!  :lol:

hemi68charger

Very cool.......... Take some pictures for her,,, you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And us......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tricky lugnuts

Awesome... A Charger everyone in the family can enjoy... That's the way it should be if you ask me...

Sounds like a great kid you're raising there. Congratulations to you and her for doing so well in school and life!

chargergirl

Quote from: 41husk on May 05, 2010, 07:24:21 AM
I'm sure she will have some boys talking to her Friday :popcrn:
And the most they will try for is talk...remember she skeet shoots...that means she CAN hit a MOVING target! You get serious cool parental points for this one...just remember to take a valium before hand so you can breathe.
Trust your Woobie!

69*F5*SE

70charginglizard

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 04, 2010, 06:20:10 PM

sounds familiar
70charginglizard

vancamp

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 05, 2010, 07:41:14 AM
nah im taking it to her black and a dusty high school parking lot i dont think so.

vancamp

Thanks guys for all the thoughts and compliments. :2thumbs: i will get some pictures

triple_green

nice job! These cars should be to drive and enjoy. My 17 YO son took my 68 to Prom 25 miles away in the dark two weeks ago, I was only a little nervous.

Friday night he is going to race it in the High School Drags at Pacific Raceways. I let him race it last year too. The only thing that made me nervous was I thought I was going to get to ride along. When we got up to the staging lanes, the track official said "dad...out!, only the driver"...but I got over it after he made 3 passes with no safety issues.

3X

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

vancamp

Quote from: triple_green on May 05, 2010, 08:16:06 PM
nice job! These cars should be to drive and enjoy. My 17 YO son took my 68 to Prom 25 miles away in the dark two weeks ago, I was only a little nervous.

Friday night he is going to race it in the High School Drags at Pacific Raceways. I let him race it last year too. The only thing that made me nervous was I thought I was going to get to ride along. When we got up to the staging lanes, the track official said "dad...out!, only the driver"...but I got over it after he made 3 passes with no safety issues.

3X

cool what did he run?

66chargerkid

Quote from: vancamp on May 04, 2010, 05:32:39 PM
well my Daughter is graduating this year and their last day of school is friday kind of a tradition here is all the seniors make a couple laps around the school on their last day and she asked if she could drive the charger, her class is about 26 kids total and around the school twice is about a mile i thought it would be something she would always remember driving a Charger R/T her last day of school.
please introduce me =)