News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thumb wheel dimmer switch new ??

Started by moparstuart, April 22, 2010, 08:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Hi,  I am trying to find the vender that carries the new thumb wheel dimmer switch for 69 Charger dash lights.  I think they were about $100.  Not the head light switch. Also any info, if they work.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

I'm sure i saw them for around 100.00 anyone else know of a supplier  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

yea there expensive . i saw new one's on ebay for about $179 . i rebuilt my old one from several that i had laying around . now my dash light pulse a little .  :shruggy: at least there working .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ODZKing

jaak

Quote from: moparstuart on April 22, 2010, 08:08:23 PM
Hi,  I am trying to find the vender that carries the new thumb wheel dimmer switch for 69 Charger dash lights.  I think they were about $100.  Not the head light switch. Also any info, if they work.

There is a guy on Moparts that always has an ad, he sells re-furbished ones for $95, or he will re-furbish yours for $95. Is that the one your thinking of?

*** look near bottom of page***  http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5900443&page=0&fpart=11&vc=1

Jason

Ghoste

Given that it was used in a lot of other Mopars at the time, I'm a little surprised they haven't been cheaply repopped.

jeryst

How do you test the dimmer switch?

My dash lights do not work, but the interior light will come on with the switch.

Someone suggested that it may be the dimmer switch, but I dont want to spend $200 for something that I do not need.

Chatt69chgr

There was an article in one of the mopar magazines in the last two years that had a complete article dedicated to rebuilding the dimmer switch complete with color pictures.  Unfortunately, I don't recall which mag or issue.  Hopefully, somebody else will.  Come to think of it, it might not have been a Mopar specific mag but one of those Muscle car magazines. 

Back N Black

Quote from: jeryst on April 29, 2010, 11:29:05 PM

My dash lights do not work, but the interior light will come on with the switch.

Someone suggested that it may be the dimmer switch, but I dont want to spend $200 for something that I do not need.

Did you check the fuse? the dash cluster do not share the same fuse as the interior lights.

jeryst

Quote from: Back N Black on May 02, 2010, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: jeryst on April 29, 2010, 11:29:05 PM

Did you check the fuse? the dash cluster do not share the same fuse as the interior lights.

Yes, fuse is ok. Wiring does not appear to be touched, either.

boys3rt

Vans Auto Parts - see the advertisements in many Mopar Magazines.

The article that was written was in Mopar Action. Very Informative but I would suggest the new one from Van's.

Rolling_Thunder

yeah -   the funny thing is you can get a dart headlight switch (that has a dimmer built into it) for $16.00 new...     gotta love people making a fortune off the repop parts business
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip