News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How close to correct does this jack look??

Started by Charger-Bodie, April 14, 2010, 01:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

needs a nub on top , and your base need to be cut/modified . thread count is usually off but un less they crawl in your trunk they will never know .  :smilielol:

here is my knock off I got from wing nut  pete its was cheaper then his perfect replica's but its pretty close .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Stuart ,could you post rough measurements of that jack?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 14, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
It is( the red one)  packed up in storage but i can dig the one out of the birdible and measure it . Its the same jack just black .   I guess also if you need me too I can dig it out and mail it to you .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on April 14, 2010, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 14, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
It is( the red one)  packed up in storage but i can dig the one out of the birdible and measure it . Its the same jack just black .   I guess also if you need me too I can dig it out and mail it to you .

No mailing it wont be neccesary....I have enough of your parts that I need to send back right now.  :coolgleamA:

Measurements would be cool though. I'm just curious if its close. It only cost me 39.00 dollars, so if its close it could be a viable option for us cloners. The place seems to have an unlimited supply.

moparstuart

ok i will try and dig out the black one tonight and measure it .

no hurry on my parts there not going on anytime soon   :icon_smile_big:  unless you have a bay open  :smilielol:

DAY CLONA

Measurements would be cool though. I'm just curious if its close. It only cost me 39.00 dollars, so if its close it could be a viable option for us cloners. The place seems to have an unlimited supply.
[/quote]

Brian, I'm more than familiar with that vendors jack, it's slightly smaller than the originals, but it's better than nothing, because a flat front tire, without a sissor jack, makes for a bad day,...the handles supplied aren't even close, but almost any other folding Dodge truck handle from the 80-90's can be modified to do the job, until something else closer to the original shows up

Just mod the jack to look the part, I've done that for a few customers who had no interest in paying or hunting down original style jacks,...several years ago when I stumbed apon that manufacturer, I was prepared to order up tons of them at a discounted price of $25 each,, but after the first one showed up, it was deemed because of size, and the rather "lightweight" design/construction, compared to the original Custer jacks, that they were just an "alternative" should nothing be avaliable

Mike

Charger-Bodie

Ah Ha .....Thats kinda what I thought. You are right about the handle too,that thing is way odd. I doo have a 96 cherokee handle to mod for now thoough. Like you said it will get me by for now. Ive got plenty of other things to spend moola on for a while. I would still like to have measurements just so if I stumble onto a closer one I will know what Im looking for.

Davtona

Brian, I have an original jack I could maybe run up to you and you could measure and photograph it to your hearts content. I wouldn't mind seeing your project in person anyway. I've been meaning to swing in sometime. Jack handle is around here somewhere also. Your call.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Davtona on April 14, 2010, 08:21:09 PM
Brian, I have an original jack I could maybe run up to you and you could measure and photograph it to your hearts content. I wouldn't mind seeing your project in person anyway. I've been meaning to swing in sometime. Jack handle is around here somewhere also. Your call.

As for a special trip,Id hate to take advantage of a guy,but I will say that you are welcome to come by and check out my car anytime you like. Anyone is welcome to do so. You could bring a Daytona along for reference too if you want?  :D Just kiddin about that, but yaeh come on up sometime. Just PM me and Ill shoot ya back my phone number...Thanks!!

moparstuart

The house behind me went up in flames and burn pretty badly , so sorry i didnt get time to measure the jack.  Apon coming home from work there were so  many police and  fire trucks I had to park my car a block away from my house. .

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68908.msg773458.html#msg773458

70Sbird

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 14, 2010, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: Davtona on April 14, 2010, 08:21:09 PM

As for a special trip,Id hate to take advantage of a guy,but I will say that you are welcome to come by and check out my car anytime you like. Anyone is welcome to do so. You could bring a Daytona along for reference too if you want?  :D Just kiddin about that, but yaeh come on up sometime. Just PM me and Ill shoot ya back my phone number...Thanks!!

Brian,
Where are you located?
You could borrow my jack as well if you were close enough. I'm in the midwest, Chicago/St Louis/Indianapolis regularly.

Scott Faulkner

nascarxx29

I found some jack anfs similar handle in my shed I thought of converting .But repos are easily available .And got a real one somewhere :shruggy:
The lamps are gonna need sockets which are a auto parts store item .Lenses are not the best. And you can resilver with eastwood products.The jack and handle are not exact but near close enough for a clone.The PS hose is part # 289118525517.Also found a core Aug 68 starter.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on April 14, 2010, 09:53:18 PM
The house behind me went up in flames and burn pretty badly , so sorry i didnt get time to measure the jack.  Apon coming home from work there were so  many police and  fire trucks I had to park my car a block away from my house. .

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68908.msg773458.html#msg773458

No big hurry Stuart,Whenever is fine. I will probably use this one for now regardless anyway......

moparstuart

finally had the car out today cleaning it up to go to the kansas  speedway tomorrow for parade laps .

so measured it for you

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

moparstuart

no problem just sorry it took me so long