News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Race Riots in Sydney, Australia.........>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, December 12, 2005, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Man, this is just nuts!

Sydney suffers second night of race riots

Staff and agencies
Monday December 12, 2005

"Race riots broke out for a second night in Sydney tonight despite appeals from the prime minister, John Howard, for ethnic and religious tolerance.
Police said gangs of youths from outside the southern beach suburb of Cronulla had driven through the town smashing shop windows and damaging houses and flats in apparent revenge attacks for yesterday's violence.

'We have shops damaged at Caringbah, cars damaged at Cronulla,' said Paul Bugden, a spokesman for New South Wales police. 'We have six arrests at this stage.'"

Article follows: HERE

Another article:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/4e392542-6b7e-11da-8aee-0000779e2340.html

Any members here from Oz know any more on this?

Be safe folks!

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Carlwalski

Your not wrong there mate.  :( Bloody stupid plonkers. They think they're helping their country, their doing the absolute opposite.
Australia is a very racial place though, towards the indigenous Aborigine people they are very bad.

Rubber bullets is what they Police should be using.  :flame:

TK73

Quote from: NZ440R/T on December 12, 2005, 11:01:51 PM

Your not wrong there mate.  :( Bloody stupid plonkers. They think they're helping their country, their doing the absolute opposite.
Australia is a very racial place though, towards the indigenous Aborigine people they are very bad.

Rubber bullets is what they Police should be using.  :flame:

My decoder ring is in the shop... "Plonkers"??
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Recharger

I'm guessing douchebags would be an adequate synonym

Carlwalski

Quote from: TK73 on December 12, 2005, 11:15:52 PM
My decoder ring is in the shop... "Plonkers"??

LOL!! Dorks, ar$e cracks, ar$e cheeks, dlckheads, bastards etc.....
Just another sailor word, well, not quite, make that, Apprentice sailor.  lol :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

RD

Mr Howard denied that Australia had a problem with racism. "I do not accept that there is underlying racism in this country," he said. "This nation of ours has been able to absorb millions of people from different parts of the world over a period of some 40 years, and we have done so with remarkable success."

what a bunch of bularkey.  there is underlying racism everywhere, even on this board  :-X

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemihead

If they want to cool things down just declare Martial Law, institute a curfew.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

'CUDA360

That didn't work too well in France...

Every time you turn around the Arab youths are making trouble somewhere in the world.
Not racist, just true  :rotz:

Carlwalski

Quote from: 360cuda on December 14, 2005, 12:12:28 AM

Every time you turn around the Arab youths are making trouble somewhere in the world.
Not racist, just true   :rotz:

Huh!?! Hows that work!?!?!?!?!?!?  :icon_smile_question: There the ones being attcked. 

'CUDA360

The violence is expected to continue for several days as Arab youths conduct reprisals

Oh yeah... I didn't read far enough down  :-[

That is a new one Huh..  I thought the US had the worst neo nazis.. :-*

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Vainglory on December 13, 2005, 11:45:24 AM
Everyone's a little bit racist!
I'm racist!! :wave:

Or...at least I would be if my Charger was fast, then there would be a race! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

charger Downunder

Im from sydney its not as bad as the media makes out.
[/quote]

'CUDA360

Thanks CDU

I thought the media might have a hand in this