News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new Pepsi can

Started by doechsle, December 13, 2005, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doechsle

I hear Pepsi is coming out with a new can that is supposed to be patriotic with the American flag and the pledge of allegiance,which is good. But I also hear that they ommited the phrase "under God" in it , they don't want to offend anyone. Well I guess they didn't realize that the Christians just may be offended. This politically correct crap is getting out of hand. I am sick of this crap. These people that our EFFING Judges are so worried to protect by removing out 10 commandments and God out of everything knew that America was based and built under God. If they don't like it get the Hell out! I am so sick of the way my tax money is spent on taking away my priveledges and giving to people who would just assume kill us off. I guess in God we trust will be next coming off our Dollar bills. I wanna puke!

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

41husk

If anyone no longer wants there money with "in god we trust" printed on it, please send it to me.  I don't care what it says on it as long as they take it at the parts store :yesnod: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Andrew

QuoteIf they don't like it get the Hell out! I am so sick of the way my tax money is spent on taking away my priveledges and giving to people who would just assume kill us off.
They pay taxes too ya know (most of them) and not all non-christians are out to kill everybody.

Old Moparz

It's just a friggen can of soda, drink some beer & don't worry about it.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

41husk

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 13, 2005, 10:52:34 AM
It's just a friggen can of soda, drink some beer & don't worry about it.   :cheers:
:popcrn: :callme: :iagree: :2thumbs: :punkrocka: :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Vainglory, Esq.

I wrote a paper last night on Keith Donnellan's and Saul Kripke's distinction between the referential and attributive uses of definite descriptors in non-assertoric sentences, and I happened upon this website while doing a little research.  It's a propos for those who were wondering.

http://wilsonhellie.typepad.com/for_the_record/2004/05/thoughs_on_the_.html

4402tuff4u

On all your correspondence/mail you send out such as bills, letters, cards, etc..., write in the back "In God We Trust"!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

Quote from: Vainglory on December 13, 2005, 11:42:20 AM
I wrote a paper last night on Keith Donnellan's and Saul Kripke's distinction between the referential and attributive uses of definite descriptors in non-assertoric sentences, and I happened upon this website while doing a little research.   It's a propos for those who were wondering.

Whaaaa ???
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Vainglory, Esq.

bull

bull

That was an over-philosophised and verbally-bloated attempt at sounding intelligent. But it's more likely written by some college student (or old hippy) after several bong hits while sitting alone in the dark on his computer listening to Green Day. Case in point: "So these advocates want to force atheists to make themselves irrational. And they want to force teachers to issue commands that their addressees should regard as automatic failures." No dude, we just want you to sit down and shut your mouth if you don't like the Pledge of Allegiance. Or simply close your mouth and skip the beat that includes the words "under God" and leave the rest of us alone. These knuckleheads really do think there's a conspiracy to control their minds, don't they? Why would we try to control their minds when they can't even do it themselves?

'CUDA360

I don't care what they do with their "cans"  :icon_smile_wink:

Just don't change my Mountain Dew  :flame: :flame:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bull on December 13, 2005, 12:15:55 PM

That was an over-philosophised and verbally-bloated attempt at sounding intelligent.

You're entitled to the rest of your opinion, but I thought this was funny.   It's not over-philosophized at all, as the referential/attributive distinction is a basic idea in systematic philosophy.   It's also not verbally bloated at all, since dealing with systematics requires a very tight and careful use of the language.   After all, when analyzing what, exactly, the language means, you cannot have extraneous words or any ambiguity from verbal bloat.

I think you're just not used to it - not to mention the fact that you completely missed the point of the article while trying unsuccessfully to tear down its linguistic constructs and making completely unfounded and ridiculous assumptions about hippies and bong hits (anyone who's just hit a bong will be entirely unable to deal with systematics).

Don't take this personally bull (not that you won't), but seriously, I just posted that because I thought it was an interesting point of view that people here wouldn't have considered before.   I was trying to add a dimension to the discussion and you respond by getting your panties in a wad.   Why assume that every article you don't agree with is taking a personal swipe at you?   Why respond with personal swipes of your own?   I know you've mentioned on many, many (many...) occasions that you're older than I, but seriously... grow up.

Carlwalski

greenpigs

Quote from: 360cuda on December 13, 2005, 12:22:04 PM
I don't care what they do with their "cans"   :icon_smile_wink:

Just don't change my Mountain Dew   :flame: :flame:

I like Coke Classic, pepsi is to syrupy.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Vainglory on December 13, 2005, 12:40:20 PM

That was an over-philosophised and verbally-bloated attempt at sounding intelligent.

You're entitled to the rest of your opinion, but I thought this was funny.   It's not over-philosophized at all, as the referential/attributive distinction is a basic idea in systematic philosophy.   It's also not verbally bloated at all, since dealing with systematics requires a very tight and careful use of the language.   After all, when analyzing what, exactly, the language means, you cannot have extraneous words or any ambiguity from verbal bloat.

I think you're just not used to it - not to mention the fact that you completely missed the point of the article while trying unsuccessfully to tear down its linguistic constructs and making completely unfounded and ridiculous assumptions about hippies and bong hits (anyone who's just hit a bong will be entirely unable to deal with systematics).

Don't take this personally bull (not that you won't), but seriously, I just posted that because I thought it was an interesting point of view that people here wouldn't have considered before.   I was trying to add a dimension to the discussion and you respond by getting your panties in a wad.   Why assume that every article you don't agree with is taking a personal swipe at you?   Why respond with personal swipes of your own?   I know you've mentioned on many, many (many...) occasions that you're older than I, but seriously... grow up.
I can sum up that mental masturbation with this......."It depends on what your definition of iIS is"

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

bull

Oh look, another over-philosophised and verbally-bloated attempt at sounding intelligent. :icon_smile:

doechsle

hey who "F ed " up my thread??

Old Moparz

Quote from: doechsle on December 13, 2005, 07:45:42 PM
hey who "F ed " up my thread??

Like I said, it's just a friggen' can of soda. :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bull on December 13, 2005, 07:22:12 PM

Oh look, another over-philosophised and verbally-bloated attempt at sounding intelligent. :icon_smile:

I'm not going another 15 rounds with you.  I posted something that I thought would add an interesting dimension to the conversation and you come back with a stupid comment about hippies and bongs.  I'll let people draw their own conclusions.

Shakey

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RD

this just goes to show you the power of suggestion without the knowledge of truth.  amazing, simply amazing.  Where is that "your a lemming" picture when ya need it?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

ChargerBill

Look, I have been tested with a 148 IQ, scored 1360 on my SAT, 29 on the ACT, graduated with a 3.7gpa while palying college ball and have two Bachelor degrees...do I need to speak like that to sound intelligent? Does anyone? The whole point in making a point is to get your point accross to as many people as possible...not allienate them by way of bloated vocabulary...get my point? The first part of the article could have just as easily stated; "You cannot talk in terms of absolutes if you want to be accurate or taken seriously." The second part of the article makes a false statement and assumption, because children are not "FORCED" to say the phrase Under God if they do not want to. Gee, I just restated the article in two sentences...so was all the hot air in that article really necessary? Regarding the first part of the article, it is obvious that scholars take themselves FAR too seriously, and sound like asses in the process. The easy alternative to absolute statements is to use terms such as , In my opinion, most, almost all, many, quite a few, almost none, etc.... For example, in this situation I can safely say since 80% of the population consider themselves Christian, MOST Pepsi drinkers ARE likely Christian, and because of that Pepsi is more likely to LOSE consumer support by this move than they are to advance in the marketplace amongst non-Christians and athiests....very stupid marketing decision. Regarding the second part of the article, by REMOVING the phrase Under God, there is longer enough time or space for children who DO believe in God to even insert that phrase if they wanted to. So who is the disservice really being done to here? The ones who can keep their mouths shut for a second, or the ones who do not even get the chance to open their mouths and say what they would like to? Isn't freedom of speech still in the Constitution...or is that ONLY if you are an athiest or a liberal or a hypocrite?...pick one...or all.

BTW: I have been drinking Pepsi since I was a kid, however upon reading this thread I JUST changed to Coca Cola. As soon as the bottle in the fridge is gone, I will not purchase Pepsi again. Now imagine that I likely spend $30/month on various Pepsi products...multiply that by 5,000 households. How about 25,000 households? PER YEAR. Get my point? (Pepsi will) And wow, I didn't even need to break out the thesaurus to make it...hmmm...
Life is a highway...

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 14, 2005, 02:11:14 AM

I have been drinking Pepsi since I was a kid, however upon reading this thread I JUST changed to Coca Cola. As soon as the bottle in the fridge is gone, I will not purchase Pepsi again. Now imagine that I likely spend $30/month on various Pepsi products...multiply that by 5,000 households. How about 25,000 households? PER YEAR. Get my point? (Pepsi will) And wow, I didn't even need to break out the thesaurus to make it...hmmm...

You must have missed this bit:

Quote from: bull on December 13, 2005, 11:59:29 AM
There's a little truth and a lot of BS in this story: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

Unless you are dropping Pepsi for a the hell of it.

In that case, carry on.

I like Coke better anyhow. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TK73

Coke/Pepsi; same thing, different can.  Christian/Jew; same god, different messiah...

ChargerBill

Quote from: TK73 on December 14, 2005, 02:43:36 AM
Coke/Pepsi; same thing, different can.   Christian/Jew; same GOD, different messiah...

Agreed, but just so you know...the Bible explains that in the end times the Jews will come to accept Jesus as the messiah. Many Christians find comfort in that.
Life is a highway...

TK73

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 14, 2005, 02:45:58 AM
Quote from: TK73 on December 14, 2005, 02:43:36 AM
Coke/Pepsi; same thing, different can.  Christian/Jew; same GOD, different messiah...

Agreed, but just so you know...the Bible explains that in the end times the Jews will come to accept Jesus as the messiah. Many Christians find comfort in that.

Didn't know that, have not read the literature... thanks.

bull

No way, man. Coke is it!