News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this look like a new spark plug to you?

Started by HKCharger, May 02, 2010, 12:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKCharger

I just took my charger to a local speed shop (fellow mopar club member establishment) to help him out/support a club member. One of the things he charged me for was changing the spark plugs. I just got the charger home and pulled a boot and see this- does this look new to you??  :icon_smile_angry:

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mauve66

maybe it was NOS................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry, its not really funny when someone you trust screws you :flame: :flame: :flame:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

HKCharger

This is why I always do my own maintenance! Ugh!

69*F5*SE

That's too bad.  Something like that could get my arms to swingin'.   :flame:

RD

no, there was two wrongs done.  one, he didnt do the work and two wtf is an autolite doing in there :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Topher

Quote from: RD on May 02, 2010, 01:30:27 PM
no, there was two wrongs done.  one, he didnt do the work and two wtf is an autolite doing in there :D

:rofl:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Wicked72

I would flip out about that BS...... Dont call but just show up for a face to face. Its easier and more comfortable for a person to lie and try to get there way out when they cant see how pissed you are. Also lets them know by the look of your face on how much respect they now have and how low their credibility has now become. Tell them they better give back the money or DO what you payed them for and get some money back or its time for drastic action. Dont let them off at all!! You will be letting them screw the next person. I have noticed that most ppl just shrug stuff like this off, and honestly it just to allow more jackasses like that guy to screw more ppl because they can know they can get away with it. I had a friend do an inspection on my jeep which is the only thing I cant do. Well the next day my wife is driving it on the highway and one of the wheels that he took off falls off! He tried to dispute it!! How the hell can you dispute a tire falling off that you took off the day before! And I was being nice at first when I called, I told him I dont care what the damages are I just want the tow bill payed for and he becomes an ass over that! :flame: I called the state police office of the MD state inspectors and they payed a visit to him :nana:. Needless to say he was HAPPY! to pay it! :2thumbs: So dont let him get off easy at all!!!!!!!!!! :RantExplode:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

FLG

Man id be flipping.

Did he do the work himself or did one of his workers do it? Before you scream just get the facts straight first. If he has workers id ask him if they were the ones that worked on the car, than go from there.

BBKNARF

Quote from: HKCharger on May 02, 2010, 12:48:44 PM
This is why I always do my own maintenance! Ugh!
Your right, I try to do all my maintenance, its hard to find an honest shop now a days.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

moparguy01

Do all of them look bad? Maybe his lacky broke one and thought he could slip an old one by you. Like said get he facts before you flip

Darkman

Quote from: moparguy01 on May 02, 2010, 08:33:48 PM
Maybe his lacky broke one and thought he could slip an old one by you. Like said get he facts before you flip

Regardless, he should have been told.

Maybe HKCharger wasn't clear enough and should have said that he wanted the sparkplugs replaced with new ones, not just replaced......bloody crooks will try anything over a customer
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

moparguy01

I think you missed my point dark. I'm saying maybe one of his guys did the job, broke a plug, put an old one back where it's harderto see, then didn't tell the boss.

Not every mechanic is a crook, and I take offense to that even though I haven't worked as a wrench in a while.

Darkman

Quote from: moparguy01 on May 02, 2010, 10:03:24 PM

Not every mechanic is a crook

You're right.

Most of the guys that actually work on the car are only doing what they are told. Most shops are crooks, maybe not by the workmanship but the stupidly high prices they charge, and then pay the mechanics peanuts (I'm talking more about the dealership mechanics). I have had to go to many mechanics to finally find one I like and trust! This is the reason why Ford and GM can kiss my backside.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!