News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a good price?

Started by TXcharger70, May 02, 2010, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

So i talked to this guy about doing my upholstery. The deal is this
I am going to buy the material vinyl for legendary for the seats, headliner, and vinyl top.
He is going to re-foam my bench seats, install headliner, and install the vinyl top. He gave me quote of $1300 is that about right or a little expensive?

Nacho-RT74

is that the quote for MAKE AND INSTALL the parts ( just getting the vinyl ) or for just the installing job  getting everything done from legendary ?

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Cooter

After installing a headliner myself in a '69 Charger, I would GLADLY pay someone else to do it...I don't do vinyl tops either...I would say it's fair..I get around $350.00 to install new foam and seat covers from Legendary...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

I bought a new vinyl top, headliner, carpet, bucket seat upholstery, seat foam and new headrest hardware all from Legendary (except for headrest stuff - BE&A). Its costing me $1800 to install everything. For what's involved I'm comfortable with the price.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TXcharger70

This is an outside source that would install everything i am just going to get the materials from legendary for him to install the new vinyl, headliner, put new seat foam in and install the vinyl top.

ChgrSteve67

I got all of the skins for my seats and a local upholster wanted $1,000.00 to strip the old and install the new.

Troy

I paid right at $500 to recover the front and rear seats on my Barracuda (Legendary covers). I did the headliner myself but it's much simpler than a Charger. I think vinyl tops are difficult to get straight but not overly expensive. I could see $1,000 or a bit less but I personally think $1,300 is too high. Of course, labor rates in your area may be higher than here as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Sounds high to me, the upholstery shop that did my '73, made the seat covers (front buckets/rear seats in the original pattern), reupholstered my upper door panels, painted all the plastic trim (lower door panels, a-pillars, window trim, etc.) with SEM paint. He charged $800. If I wanted him to re-install everything including a new headliner, it would have been $1200.

Jason