News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still for sale... and still the ugliest Charger I've seen

Started by 471_Magnum, April 30, 2010, 06:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

The family moved back to northern CA after the show - then he got transferred to SL after they separated - that's why the car was up for sale there be a cosignment company i believe
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BROCK

Righthand drive conversion is cool.  It puts a Charger on the road
in a country that would not see a Charger any other way!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Mopar440+6

"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Sweet T

I'll sum it up in one word there boy and girls.....RETARDED!  That's is what the person was and is that thought that car was a great idea.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: mauve66 on May 02, 2010, 10:03:44 AM
they did do an investigative show on the previous owners, and the biggest thing is the insurance costs and the fact that they were afraid to drive them due to value (MUCH LIKE ALOT OF THE TRAILER QUEEN MOPAR CROWD) also some of those people were living in apartments and the cars were parked on the street, they have no way to secure a $100K car properly.
wasn't part of the gig that his son had raced (for pinks) and wrecked his challenger and the winner of the race wanted his dads for payment??  so the whole family was in on it.  

you don't honestly believe your wife/family would just take your car out of the blue and send it to Foose unless YOU made a comment about wanting to be on the show do you??

yes everyone has a right to their opinion but damn, just say ya don't like it, to say its "a steaming pile of shit" is just ridiculous
there will be 20+ Go-Green Challengers at every major car show, why have another one that looks just like the one next to it??
i don't think there is one car he's done that i agree with the wheel choice or other smaller parts of the car, but to degrade a man's life work based on a couple of mopars you think should be "RESTORED back to original" is whats ridiculous
I will express myself in any way I see fit, this is after all America, thank you.  And in this America, Chip Foose may customize a car any way he sees fit.  And in this America I will react to the car however I see fit.  End of story.  

The comment on the family sending it without asking, maybe you don't know, but it's a crazy world we live in my friend.  A lot of things happen that are completely out of the ordinary on a quite ordinary basis.  Maybe they thought since he watched the show he wanted to be on it? Isn't the whole point of the show to use the element of surprise?  You're not supposed to know your car is going to overhaulin' so why would they tell him? Either way I wasn't the one who said that, that was another poster so please try not to put words in my mouth.  What I said was that maybe he was hoping for a different outcome.  However someone else filled in and said he was going through a divorce which influenced the sale.  Either way that still leads me to believe they do zero research on the people they customize the cars for because if his son raced chances are he did too so why would you not build something a little more go than show?

What makes you think I've only seen his work on Mopars?  I just don't like the way he did this car, leave it be.  I like some of his others, not this one.  I still think it looks like, a steaming pile of shit.  But for you, I will just say I don't like it.

Please provide a link to that investigation to back what you're saying it would be much appreciated.  In any event that is very interesting information.  It makes you wonder why Chip would choose these people in the first place if they would not be able to keep their cars.  It is a wonderful gesture none the less but completely defeats the purpose of the show.

RD

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on May 02, 2010, 10:18:59 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on May 02, 2010, 10:03:44 AM
they did do an investigative show on the previous owners, and the biggest thing is the insurance costs and the fact that they were afraid to drive them due to value (MUCH LIKE ALOT OF THE TRAILER QUEEN MOPAR CROWD) also some of those people were living in apartments and the cars were parked on the street, they have no way to secure a $100K car properly.
wasn't part of the gig that his son had raced (for pinks) and wrecked his challenger and the winner of the race wanted his dads for payment??  so the whole family was in on it. 

you don't honestly believe your wife/family would just take your car out of the blue and send it to Foose unless YOU made a comment about wanting to be on the show do you??

yes everyone has a right to their opinion but damn, just say ya don't like it, to say its "a steaming pile of shit" is just ridiculous
there will be 20+ Go-Green Challengers at every major car show, why have another one that looks just like the one next to it??
i don't think there is one car he's done that i agree with the wheel choice or other smaller parts of the car, but to degrade a man's life work based on a couple of mopars you think should be "RESTORED back to original" is whats ridiculous
I will express myself in any way I see fit, this is after all America, thank you.  And in this America, Chip Foose may customize a car any way he sees fit.  And in this America I will react to the car however I see fit.  End of story. 

Please provide a link to that investigation to back what you're saying it would be much appreciated.  In any event that is very interesting information.  It makes you wonder why Chip would choose these people in the first place if they would not be able to keep their cars.  It is a wonderful gesture none the less but completely defeats the purpose of the show.

methinks you are taking this too personal and maybe out of context.  just a suggestion mate, since this discussion about Foose has no bearing on the initial topic of this thread, but maybe you should start another thread about it.. or take it to the pm's?  just a thought.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Darkman

All I can say is that it all boils down to personal taste. I like what Foose does, but for the sake of keeping this thread on track, this Charger is less than appealing (even to me!)
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: RD on May 02, 2010, 10:21:36 PM
methinks you are taking this too personal and maybe out of context.  just a suggestion mate, since this discussion about Foose has no bearing on the initial topic of this thread, but maybe you should start another thread about it.. or take it to the pm's?  just a thought.
Just replying to what was said to me, nothing personal about it.  I said something he didn't agree with so I'm standing up for what I said.

Black Charger

I apologize for highjacking this thread by dragging Foose into it. I was simply comparing the Charger that is the subject of this thread to a particular Challenger I remembered from the Overhaulin' show and it kind of got out of hand. I won't change my opinion of that Challenger but I do regret mucking up this thread over it.

My apologies to all.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Black Charger on May 02, 2010, 11:47:31 PM
I apologize for highjacking this thread by dragging Foose into it. I was simply comparing the Charger that is the subject of this thread to a particular Challenger I remembered from the Overhaulin' show and it kind of got out of hand. I won't change my opinion of that Challenger but I do regret mucking up this thread over it.

My apologies to all.
Definitely my fault not yours, I will refrain from posting about Foose any further.

russg

Just need to black out all the gold parts, change the rims and take it road racing. :2thumbs:
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

SFRT

just because you can do it doesnt mean you should.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us