News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still for sale... and still the ugliest Charger I've seen

Started by 471_Magnum, April 30, 2010, 06:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

Only way this thing is ever going to sell will be to put it back the way mother Mopar intended.

I think they have already parted out the original wheels. :eek2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280500011636

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

BrianShaughnessy

Rick took it for a short drive around the Nats a few years back and came back and said it's a piece of crap...   or words to that effect  :icon_smile_big:

That thing is so cut up it can never be restored to original or even come close to recouping costs in todays market.    It was a dumb idea a few years back,   time only proved it.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

gtx6970

Although I can certaintly appreciate the work involved to build something like this. As the work looks impeccable . But , These kinds of cars cater to a different crowd. The seller just has to find that crowd.
In a sick sorta  way I like it, but in the same way think it's butt ugly

Red Ram

It would look so much better if they kept the original grill concept. It kind of looks like a giant Duster the way it is now.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

TeeWJay426

And with a price of 150K, it will be for sale for quite a long time.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

SFRT

nothing looks goofier than a donked out Foosian build. I bet theres a special level in hell just for the guys that disgrace a car in this manner.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Patronus

I could never get past the "old lawn chair" grill. Like it was scrap or something...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68X426

Quote from: SFRT on April 30, 2010, 09:41:57 AM
nothing looks goofier than a donked out Foosian build. I bet theres a special level in hell just for the guys that disgrace a car in this manner.

And since they and it are here, what does that tell you about the cars in hell? :eek2: :scratchchin: :naughty: :naughty:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

I've tried in the past to take the high road on that car and appreciate the effort required but I'm not feeling tactful today so I'm just going to spit out my true thoughts and say that it is one butt ugly car.  The fact that they spent a lot of money and effort to do it only makes it worse.  What kind of moron spends that kind of money to destroy a car in that way and what kind of moron performs the work and kids themself that they are some sort of master craftsman?

Mike DC

It's not that hard to model a car in 1/4th scale or something to see what the final result would look like.  For $150K I would have made sure the end result looked better before I hacked up a decent Charger. 

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BombSquad

The grill is what makes a Charger! What a shame that it looks like my 70 duster now, a lowly A-body :smilielol:

I would take the rear IFS though, unless its an axle-hopping nightmare.

This reminds me of that hideous $200k red protouring one that shows up every few weeks
68 Charger - 440 EFI/SS700 5 Speed
70 Duster - 225ci

Black Charger

That looks like one of Chip Foose's abominations. I cannot understand why Foose has the reputation that he does. I have yet to see a Foose creation that I actually like. He takes a perfectly good car and turns it into a gaudy "Hee-haw mobile."

Rant over.

tan top

dont know what the guys were on wrecking a second generation !! lot of awesome  work /hours  & skill gone in to that build !! but ! its crap  :yesnod: ,   :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:  :yesnod::down:   :Twocents:

intresting idea on the hemi motor !  :coolgleamA:  all that needs is painting propper color orange  !! wonder if they would sell just the motor & trans  :scratchchin: :popcrn: :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

It gives me endless joy to see that they have problems with selling that POS.

Ghoste

Agreed!  The next time someone gets to running down the General Lee for being a (insert insult of choice here), and I'm as guilty as anybody, all of you DOH fans need to just reference this Frankenstein's abortion and put all of us haters back in our place.   :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

It would have to have different wheels right off the get go for me.  Change the front grille around a little bit and the wheels and I'd drive it no problem. Lots of money though. Too rich for me.  If I had that cash I would go ahead and get a Daytona most likely.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

that's hideous. I do like suspension on there though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Darkman

You guys crack me up! One minute you guys say "it's your car do what you want with it", then when someone does, you attack them.

I admit, that in this instance the car looks hideous, in particular the front grill and rear lights, the interior looks stupid with no rear seat and you can see the carpet overlap.

On a positive note, the engine bay looks fantastic so neat and everything hidden, and the suspension setup and drivetrain looks good too (not sure about the exhaust though). I think attacking custom cars is unfair, in particular Chip Foose. He is an award winning "custom" car designer not restorer so his cars may not appeal to some. I doubt I will be posting the pics of the rebuild of my Charger on here because there will be a few things I will do to it that you guys will not like and I don't feel up to being attacked by the few that only like the full production line restorations.

My passion is to own and drive a Dodge Charger, that's all! I have loved these cars from the day I knew what cars were (largely thanks to the DOH) and the fact that we have had Chryslers in our family from as long as I can remember. For me to have a Charger that I like and can legally drive on the road, some serious modifications have to be done to it, like converting it to right hand drive (insert gasp and shock horror here), so bring on the attacks  :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_blackeye: but I will always appreciate some aspect of any work done to bring back a 40+ year old car from the scrapyard!

:popcrn:

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

vancamp

i personally dont have a problem with it, its not my car or money, do i like it no not really parts of it are kinda neat for what it is, and i can definetly appreciate the work that went into it but the car as a whole is not my cup of tea.

RD

Quote from: Darkman on April 30, 2010, 06:14:30 PM
You guys crack me up! One minute you guys say "it's your car do what you want with it", then when someone does, you attack them.

your are new to the forum so you would not know about the first time we all looked and commented on this "thing".  so here is a summation:

they took a car that was a timex and turned it into a happy meal watch that is broke and looks like shit.

the end.

:D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

471_Magnum

I remember when they unveiled the thing on the 2007 Hot Rod Power Tour. It about made me puke at the time. Didn't run for shit either, although Herb McCandless did some impressive donuts in it.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

ZSmithersCharges

The first time I looked at it I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Now that I look again, I figured it out.  The lack of front bumper leaves the front end looking rediculous with that huge gap that was never meant to be there.  I also don't know why they didn't keep the wheels on it from the magazine photo shoot... Much better than the trash thats on there now. :popcrn: