News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In America it's English, learn it.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 28, 2010, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

A bit of a tangent here but I'd like to share some interesting pictures of the "Illegal Super Highway" down in Arizona's Sonoran Desert: http://bejarana.com/

Pretty cool, huh? :rotz:

Mike DC

Better not let Washington see those pics.  

They'll wanna use TARP money to smooth out & pave that highway as part of the infrastructure spending.  

Todd Wilson

Anyone for a good card game of UNO?

todd

Todd Wilson

I dont always drink beer but when I do I prefer Dos Equis's

Todd

Shakey

Quote from: bull on May 18, 2010, 09:05:37 PM
A bit of a tangent here but I'd like to share some interesting pictures of the "Illegal Super Highway" down in Arizona's Sonoran Desert: http://bejarana.com/

It probably won't be long before shanty towns start poping up around the major urban centres in the USA.

PocketThunder

That new food stamp is awesome!!   :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Quote from: Shakey on May 19, 2010, 07:43:23 AM

It probably won't be long before shanty towns start poping up around the major urban centres in the USA.

Say what you will about illegals....but seriously, when was the last time you saw an "Illegal" type living in a box or begging for money by a freeway offramp? There may be 12 of them living in a studio apartment and they may try to sell you oranges/flowers or waiting outside home depot for a day laying brick...but they're EARNING a living.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

That's EXACTLY WHY I MOVED from the Spring Branch area of Houston.. I don't want a bunch of cars parked in front yards, 3 families in one house and back patios made out of 2x4's and tin-siding...... The influx from across the Southern border is bringing along with it its lower standard of "quality of life". Where the new population think they are moving up the socioeconomic ladder compared to where they came from, they are at the same time pulling the rest of us who are doing well in our middle-class socioeconomic American ladder down to them.. Home values suffer let alone the negative impact of community quality of life and visual harmony. This issue isn't solely based on breaking the law, it's its negative impact as well in some areas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stereotype at all. I'm frustrated with what I see and live with. I'm not jumping to any conclusions based on hearsay or readings of FoxNews..... It's for real...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Todd Wilson

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 19, 2010, 11:17:39 AM

That's EXACTLY WHY I MOVED from the Spring Branch area of Houston.. I don't want a bunch of cars parked in front yards, 3 families in one house and back patios made out of 2x4's and tin-siding...... The influx from across the Southern border is bringing along with it its lower standard of "quality of life". Where the new population think they are moving up the socioeconomic ladder compared to where they came from, they are at the same time pulling the rest of us who are doing well in our middle-class socioeconomic American ladder down to them.. Home values suffer let alone the negative impact of community quality of life and visual harmony. This issue isn't solely based on breaking the law, it's its negative impact as well in some areas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stereotype at all. I'm frustrated with what I see and live with. I'm not jumping to any conclusions based on hearsay or readings of FoxNews..... It's for real...

Hemi68 You are exactly right!!!!!!!   

Ponch you are right, there are a lot of them working or trying to work and some work very hard in the roofing and concrete business. Nothing like working for cash  and then going to the hospital for free heatlhcare. Getting welfare for their anchor baby they had while here in this country illegally. The wholetime this is going on they dont want to live in a nice little house with grass and a swing set in the backyard. They want to completely ruin a neighborhood  with 30 of them living in a 2 bedroom house with cars and Ford trucks parked everywhere. All up in the yard.  No grass grows anywhere on the property. beer cans strung all over the place and loud mesican music playing all the time everyday. A bunch of them drunk outside most of the time causing problems..

And you wonder why people are pissed off!

I have a good friend who is mexican. His family imigrated here the right way 3-4 generations ago.  The only spanish he knows is Taco Bell. You say UNO to him and he gets out a card game.  In the last several years he is starting to experience some racism of sorts as he is now thrown into  the "illegal" crowd where ever he goes. It pisses him off big time to see all this.

Todd

Ponch ®

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 19, 2010, 12:00:14 PM

Hemi68 You are exactly right!!!!!!!    

Ponch you are right, there are a lot of them working or trying to work and some work very hard in the roofing and concrete business. Nothing like working for cash  and then going to the hospital for free heatlhcare. Getting welfare for their anchor baby they had while here in this country illegally. The wholetime this is going on they dont want to live in a nice little house with grass and a swing set in the backyard. They want to completely ruin a neighborhood  with 30 of them living in a 2 bedroom house with cars and Ford trucks parked everywhere. All up in the yard.  No grass grows anywhere on the property. beer cans strung all over the place and loud mesican music playing all the time everyday. A bunch of them drunk outside most of the time causing problems..

You and Troy are assuming that those people ruining neighborhoods are illegals. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. And those "anchor babies" are US Citizens like you and me, whether you like it or not. At that point, then the problem isn't necessarily with them being illegal but with them being "those people" (ie. them mexicans).

QuoteI have a good friend who is mexican. His family imigrated here the right way 3-4 generations ago.  The only spanish he knows is Taco Bell. You say UNO to him and he gets out a card game.  In the last several years he is starting to experience some racism of sorts as he is now thrown into  the "illegal" crowd where ever he goes. It pisses him off big time to see all this.

Todd

Your friend is just gonna have to suck it up if he's getting thrown into the illegal crowd because of the way he looks. It's for a "greater good". Or at least that's what I was told....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 19, 2010, 11:18:34 AM
Pay-back's Hell sometime...

Arizona says to California's
:smilielol:

Good for AZ...those stupid boycotts are shortsighted at best. The people that get screwed the worst are the hospitality staff, waiters, busboys, cooks, truck drivers, construction workers etc., whose livelihood is directly threatened by these boycotts....and a great deal of them are Hispanic.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 19, 2010, 12:11:45 PM

You and Troy are assuming that those people ruining neighborhoods are illegals. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. And those "anchor babies" are US Citizens like you and me, whether you like it or not. At that point, then the problem isn't necessarily with them being illegal but with them being "those people" (ie. them mexicans).

No Ponch, it's not an assumption of illegal or legal, it's the whole culture that's brought here, by legal or illegal means. This isn't a whole other can of worms I'm opening up, just one of many reasons people are so frustrated with this influx of people from South of the Border. We're talking 11, ELEVEN, that's two "ones" next to each other, MILLION illegals.. The culture brough here is tearing into the "quality of life" fabric, dumpy homes, hostage taking, killings, robbery, etc.. No wonder AZ's had enough.
There have been plenty of Homeowner Associations that have tried to correct the negative impact these families have on neighborhoods. But, Coupled with our lovely legal system here in the States and most immigrants not giving a damn about their homes or knowing what a deed restriction, thus creating the negative impact, people leave because they are tired of their surroundings. It sucks when you've lived somewhere for 20 years, maintain a certain level of pleasant neighborhood environment and see it vanish.

If people want to be able to do what they want to do, fine, that's why GOD made "the country". If you live in a neighborhood, keep it up....... Personally, I would love to live on a nice chunk of land, but that's not where I am at this stage in my life, so I deal with deed restrictions and HOA's. I deal with it such that I joined the HOA and I'm a member of the ARC... I'm taking matters into my own control in order to maintain..........
Troy

Johnny SixPack

Can't we just boycott stupidity?

Or how about we wipe out xenophobia and jingoist thoughts by making everyone the same?

Kinda like we all came out of the same cookie cutter.

But on the flip side, homogenization is lame.

Hey, hold on here... milk is homogenized, and is white, so white people want everyone to be the same.....

Damn my milk drinking white heritage!

Oops, looks like I already screwed up my stupid boycott.

Uhh, I mean my boycott against stupidity.

All I know is I want some f'n milk and cookies now.

Dammit! :flame:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 19, 2010, 12:31:19 PM

No Ponch, it's not an assumption of illegal or legal, it's the whole culture that's brought here, by legal or illegal means. This isn't a whole other can of worms I'm opening up, just one of many reasons people are so frustrated with this influx of people from South of the Border. We're talking 11, ELEVEN, that's two "ones" next to each other, MILLION illegals.. The culture brough here is tearing into the "quality of life" fabric, dumpy homes, hostage taking, killings, robbery, etc.. No wonder AZ's had enough.
There have been plenty of Homeowner Associations that have tried to correct the negative impact these families have on neighborhoods. But, Coupled with our lovely legal system here in the States and most immigrants not giving a damn about their homes or knowing what a deed restriction, thus creating the negative impact, people leave because they are tired of their surroundings. It sucks when you've lived somewhere for 20 years, maintain a certain level of pleasant neighborhood environment and see it vanish.

If people want to be able to do what they want to do, fine, that's why GOD made "the country". If you live in a neighborhood, keep it up....... Personally, I would love to live on a nice chunk of land, but that's not where I am at this stage in my life, so I deal with deed restrictions and HOA's. I deal with it such that I joined the HOA and I'm a member of the ARC... I'm taking matters into my own control in order to maintain..........

But see, and I'm not implying anything, when you say (elsewhere) something along the lines of "I have no problems with immigrants/Mexicans as long as they're here legally" and then here you say "well, some may be here legally, but their culture is messed up", it's hard NOT to read between the lines.

As I said earlier in this thread...first it's "I have no problem with immigrants as long as they're here legally", then "I have no problem with immigrants as long as they're here legally and speak english", and eventually it will be "I have no problem with immigrants as long as they're here legally, they speak english, and they're not of "undesirable" cultural backgrounds". I mean, where does it end?

twodko

Milk and cookies..............that's what I'm talkin' about!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ponch ®

Quote from: twodko on May 19, 2010, 01:51:12 PM

Tom

they make you fat...and fat people are becoming a drain on the health system. Thus if someone gets caught having milk and cookies, they should get the death penalty.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 19, 2010, 01:53:29 PM

Tom

they make you fat...and fat people are becoming a drain on the health system. Thus if someone gets caught having milk and cookies, they should get the death penalty.

I solved that problem, I stopped going to the doctor! :2thumbs:

More money for milk and cookies.  :coocoo:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on May 19, 2010, 01:57:40 PM

Tom

yeah, but when you get so fat that you can't get out of your house so you have to call the Fire Dept to break down the wall and bring a crane to lift you onto a flatbed truck...THEN you'll be a drain on the general public.

Milk and Cookies = Death!

twodko

The older you get the more milk and cookies you eat WILL get you the death penalty.hahahaha

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 19, 2010, 01:59:34 PM
Quote from: Johnny SixPack on May 19, 2010, 01:57:40 PM

Tom

yeah, but when you get so fat that you can't get out of your house so you have to call the Fire Dept to break down the wall and bring a crane to lift you onto a flatbed truck...THEN you'll be a drain on the general public.

Milk and Cookies = Death!

But wouldn't I be doing a service for the country?

My situation would require specialized personnel, and tools possibly creating new jobs.

My oversized coffin would be made by a company catering to those with milk and cookie issues.

Not to mention the earth moving equipment to get that box in the ground.

Plus, fat people are less likely to commit crimes involving leaving their homes.

So, to summarize: us milk and cookie eating fat bastards are creating jobs and helping America safe! :patriot:

:icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:

Nacho-RT74

you are right, but is not necesarilly ilegal or not deal. is Socioculture. We are down here on same deal, coming from OUR OWN population moving from the country to the big cities. No need to be an inmigrant to get that.

so I support this:

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 19, 2010, 12:31:19 PM

but at the same time:

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 19, 2010, 12:00:14 PM
The wholetime this is going on they dont want to live in a nice little house with grass and a swing set in the backyard. They want to completely ruin a neighborhood  with 30 of them living in a 2 bedroom house with cars and Ford trucks parked everywhere. All up in the yard.  No grass grows anywhere on the property. beer cans strung all over the place and loud mesican music playing all the time everyday. A bunch of them drunk outside most of the time causing problems..

Todd

Is not they want to destroy life quality around, is simply THEY DON'T KNOW how to get a quality life or what really MEANS get a quality life... that's what they learnt, and no signal to advance. But is not about inmigration or language, is all about socioculture from PART ( shame a big part ) of population.

That BTW they began to be converted on Ghetos and then a socioeconomical fight and blah, blah, blah... it happens the same with "afroamericans" too. Not an inmigration deal.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

I do not care what culture you have.  I dont care what food you eat, what kind of car you drive, what color you paint your house, or what language you spoke first in your life.

All I ask is that you enter this country legally, pay taxes like everyone else, and work legally.

If you cannot do that, then you are a drain on the system in some way, shape or form.  If you are a drain on the system and are here illegally, you need to be deported back to your country of origin.  PERIOD.

If you do not think the illegals should leave this country, then you are part of the problem.

QuoteMayor Antonio Villaraigosa is in Washington D.C., meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, but his deputy chief of staff issued the following statement: "The mayor stands strongly behind the city council and he will not respond to threats from the state that has isolated itself from an America that values freedom, liberty and basic civil rights."

personally, this guy is wrong.  I believe most of "America" (see Nacho even politicians say it :D ) is on the side of Arizona.  California is not the "rest" of the United States, no matter how much this deputy chief of staff may think his state is.  Freedom, liberty, and basic civil rights goes for those who are legal.. not illegal.  California don't want the law, fine, they dont have to approve it.  For them to chastise another state when they, themselves, cant pull their heads out of their proverbial behinds, is really none of their f'n business if you ask me.  Go ahead, argue about water rights, but dont go ahead and tell another state how or when they can enforce their borders.  It is none of Californias business if you ask me.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mike DC

Compare the current hispanic illegal immigration to what happened 100-150 years ago with the Irish.  

Those old Irish immigrants were legal (mainly due to a system that actually let large numbers of immigrants in easily) but that's about the only difference.  The same complaints were made about them.  They come over, they have too many kids they can't support, they take our bottom-rung jobs, they're slobs living in group homes in bad conditions, they're dragging down the rest of us middle class people, etc.  

Every generation of natives gets pissed off as soon as they get a bit threatened by the number of immigrants.  This battle gets re-fought over and over again through the centuries.  It's part of capitalism at the core for a country to do this, just like outsourcing stuff overseas.

I would agree that the current situation with absolutely no border control is all wrong and it needs to end.  (IMHO it's downright ludicrous when the nation claims to be fighting a "War on Terror" at the same time.)  But it doesn't make a ton of difference in the overall big picture situation.  In past times we would have let in virtually anyone who tried to come here too, they would just not have broken any laws in the process.  I'm not defending breaking the laws, but I'm saying that our modern-era strict immigration policies have essentially outlawed something that was historically normal for the country.

In short - if you don't like lots of fairly recent immigrants, you're in the wrong country.  

We can protest the open borders and the illegal nature of the current batch of immigrants.  But trying to kick them back out of the country is basically counter to the core of the USA's principles. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 19, 2010, 12:40:42 PM

... it's hard NOT to read between the lines.

There's no reading between the lines... Some use the illegal thing as an excuse to go after offending parties, in a politically-correct/warm-n-fuzzy way of saying, 'We're tired of the crime, we're tired of the inundation of foreign language, the continual "adjustments" because of the English illiteracy to the educational system and the influx of a level of standard in living one would see in the overpopulated areas of Central and South America. I call it like I see it.. I don't draw lines with nothing in the middle. The beginning of all this is in fact the illegal border crossing. If we nip that in the butt, a lot of the other stuff will work itself out.......

Did someone say cookies and milk?

Quote from: RD on May 19, 2010, 03:01:55 PM
...., what color you paint your house, or what language you spoke first in your life.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few of us that do.. There's a whole lot of bad stuff out there in the world, but I don't appreciate someone moving in and painting their home bright green or blue (or what have you), don't take care of their yards and basically decrease the home value. That's taking money out of my pocket.......
Troy