News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Fiberglas Fenders?

Started by Als73charger, April 29, 2010, 01:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als73charger

There are a couple of suppliers making these and I am curious how sturdy these are compared to orginal metal.
I see there are Racing ones which I assume are thinner/lighter and street versions. How do they fit and are they finished decently or does one need to do some filler to smooth the finish? Al

tricky lugnuts

No personal experience, but from everything I've heard, be prepared to struggle with fit and finish!

Of course, if you're not into "perfection" and willing to do a little work, it seems to me like they could be a low cost alternative to the expensive and tough to track down (and used) factory sheet metal.

I'm curious to see what you hear as I've considered in the past pulling off my factory steel fenders, which are in good shape, and replacing them with fiberglass pieces to both save some weight and protect my original steel fenders from wear and tear...