News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A friend sent this to me in a email...

Started by klutch, April 26, 2010, 09:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutch

**wildcat wrecking yard sale! BBQ, beer bust, camping...1/2 the lot about to get smashed, 80% off ALL slated a-bodies and 1/3 off project cars + more shop talk than you can shake a drive shaft at! MAY 2, sunday. this will never happen again!

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/
(Insert something clever here)

RD

man that sounds like fun.. too bad its like a gazillion miles away
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

vancamp

Quote from: RD on April 26, 2010, 09:15:53 PM
man that sounds like fun.. too bad its like a gazillion miles away
well not quite a gazillion for me maybe a .5 to .75 of a million though.

Skinypete

Pittsburgh to Portland...Hmmm I vote gazillion lol  :lol:
DJMIII

bull

Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to take the 30-minute drive out there and see what's going on. ;)

RD

Quote from: bull on April 26, 2010, 10:07:57 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to take the 30-minute drive out there and see what's going on. ;)

30 MINUTES!!! grrrrr
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Dans 68

Quote from: RD on April 26, 2010, 10:23:24 PM

30 MINUTES!!! grrrrr

Hah!  :rofl:  Yes, you had better take the "drive" to see what is going on. Remember to save any 4-speeds you find!  :yesnod: And take pics!!! Oh, and  post them please.  :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

472 R/T SE

Maybe a report as to why they're crushing almost every thing (80%)?

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the tree huggers had some thing to do with it!

69bronzeT5

Soooo close but sooo far at the same time. If this were happening in the summer I could go for sure and possibly pick me up some cheap parts cars or something. However with regards to going on the 2nd, I don't have much money and they say 80% off all slated A-bodies for parts.....my Duster is complete and I don't need anything used for it. If they had a sale on Charger parts, I'd go down for sure.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bobs66440

:o Wow!! What an awesome place! I could spend hours just walking through there. There used to be a lot of wrecking yards around here (Tri-State NY) with old cars but they cleaned them all out. What a shame!  :'(

klutch

I'm going to try to make it down there, but I'm broke so even if do make it I probaly won't be able to get much  :'(

RD

Quote from: klutch on April 27, 2010, 02:14:04 PM
I'm going to try to make it down there, but I'm broke so even if do make it I probaly won't be able to get much  :'(

well at least eat their food! :D

TruckDriver

I'm willing to bet that the stuff getting crushed is a lot of old stock that is striped down to nothing. I have known about these guys a long long time.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 27, 2010, 03:15:05 PM
I'm willing to bet that the stuff getting crushed is a lot of old stock that is striped down to nothing. I have known about these guys a long long time.

Or stuff that doesn't sell :eek2:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

klutch

Quote from: RD on April 27, 2010, 02:25:12 PM
Quote from: klutch on April 27, 2010, 02:14:04 PM

well at least eat their food! :D

Mmmmm, good idea!

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 27, 2010, 01:38:47 AM

Maybe a report as to why they're crushing almost every thing (80%)?

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the tree huggers had some thing to do with it!

The first post says they're smashing half the lot and that the A-body cars are 80% off, but it's still a bunch of smashing. I suspect, as TruckDriver said, they're getting rid of the stuff that's been stripped to nothing. The last time I went there the lot had way too many cars that had been picked clean so I imagine it's worse now. There were only two 2nd gen Chargers and one of them was so picked apart the only thing I could find usable was the rear speaker tray, and I was surprised to see that much if it left. Hopefully they fill the space with something worthwhile.

bull

I took a drive out there Sunday to look around and only spent $10 on a steering reservoir cap. :shruggy: What?

Anyway, I snapped few pics and talked to some of the the guys working there about why they're going to get rid of a bunch of stuff and as I suspected it's not bad news. They need to clear some repetitious inventory and get rid of a few cars that are pretty much skeletons. Plus, he said, selling off the nekked cars for scrap will give them some operating capital to buy some fresh inventory. Looking around there made me appreciate what they have a little more than I did in the past so I'm glad I went. I think my main problem last time was that they only had two 2nd gen Chargers and now they're down to one. :'( But since then I have developed a much broader love for all things Mopar (except the new "Charger" of course).

bull

:2thumbs: I'll post a few more when my camera is recharged.

bobs66440

Man, a lot of those are stripped bare, eh? I see what they mean. Still, I think it would be a fun afternoon!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on May 03, 2010, 05:20:20 PM
:2thumbs: I'll post a few more when my camera is recharged.

I know where I'm going for Coronet parts! :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mikesmoparperformance

I am going to move over there! why do I live so far away :brickwall:, wat a great place to be :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

bull

:drool5: I probably would have been able to post a lot more pics had I not left the camera's memory card in the laptop. :brickwall: Unfortunately this is all I took, and I had to delete several group-type shots to get these. I didn't even get a pic of my hot dog and beer and apple fritter at Joe's donuts later that day. :'(

Not many people out there on Sunday, which is fine with me. Kind of odd though how they didn't advertise it much. Their website didn't say squat about it and I only heard about it here even though I'm only about 20 miles away. :shruggy:

bobs66440

I love that panel truck. The old lettering is cool.   :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 04, 2010, 08:02:52 AM

:yesnod: And when is the last time someone actually went into people's houses to work on TVs?

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on May 04, 2010, 04:03:10 PM
Quote from: bobs66440 on May 04, 2010, 08:02:52 AM

:yesnod: And when is the last time someone actually went into people's houses to work on TVs?
Sears just came out and fixed my buisness partners TV  ?  :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE