News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wonder how many are left?

Started by jeryst, April 25, 2010, 04:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

There are a lot of beautiful Chargers on this board, as well as at car shows, for sale on different sites, etc.

I was just wondering how many drivable 68-70 Chargers still exist, regardless of whether they are restored, survivors, etc
and regardless if they are in the US, or have migrated to other countries.

I live in a very small town, and I know of at least 6 or 7 in the surrounding area. Those are only the ones I know about
so maybe at least double that amount to account for ones I dont know about? And this is Chevy country with very few Mopars,
so some areas may have higher concentrations.

What do you guys think? 5,000? 10,000? 50,000? Less? More?

Why do I wonder about such things?

1968_Charger

well where i live i have the only one in town. ive only seen one other at a local car show and only know of two more that are just sitting. and this is in about a 30 mile radius.  there are some other mopars around but no 68-70 chargers. plenty of chevys and fords though. i like having the only one around. everybody coments on it and says they never see them.

grdprx

You know, I own a 68 also..  And I've seen 4 other 68 Chargers in my town!  Seen a 70 once or twice, and only saw my first 69 in the "wild" this past December.  Then I saw another 69 a couple weeks ago.  Seen 68's in the wild, out and about 3 or 4 time on top of the ones in my town.  But, I live in the south of Seattle, so more densly populated..

Mike DC

Total wild guesses here:

68-70 Charger unibodies that haven't been crushed into a cube, and are structurally intact enough to be picked up by a forklift without breaking in half - 50,000+

# that are at least 2/3rds assembled - 25,000

# that are fully assembled and theoretically driveable - 15,000

# that actually get driven more than 1000 miles per year - 5,000 or less.  

SFRT

I know of 8 in san francisco.

3 seem to be driven regularly...mine, Brock ( dave) Sampsons and my buddy Gordon. 3 run just fine but I never see them around or driven more than once or twice and I know of 2 non running in progress ones.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

200MPH

i know of 13 in the area that are running and driving
Charger