News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help can't tighten lower control arm

Started by bricklayer, April 25, 2010, 08:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

I'm trying to tighten up my lower ctr. arm shaft but it keeps spining i have T bar in but that dosen't help i am using hand tools and i don't have access to air tools where i'm at now, is their any tricks without air tools  thanks tom   1969 dodge charger

resq302

You have to tighten it when there is a load on the lower control arm pivot.  Such as when you have the car torsion bars set to the propper high that you want, then it should have enough resistance to hold in place while you tighten the nut.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto