News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have the combo distribution/proportion brake valve print?

Started by oldcarnut, April 22, 2010, 12:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

My 70 service manual only has the print shown below but I need one for the other type I have for the 2 piece.  Anyone have a picture of it?  Thanks, David

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

John_Kunkel

John_Kunkel

Musicman

What are you looking to find with a picture here Dave? Do you have a question about the parts?

oldcarnut

Thanks guys for the replies and this is where I'm at.  I have the same 2 pc setup as shown in the top pic. (rear drum front disc)  I bought new SS lines from fine lines and because of some previous braking issues I wanted to check out my valves to make sure they were clean and not sticking.  Below is the pic of it broken down and I wanted to see the assy print to make sure it went back like this.  When I was unscrewing the cap #1, the spring pressure caught me off guard and sent the spring and cap flying to the floor on the last thread.  I didn't see anything else go with it but I can't say for sure I caught everything.  It does seem a little strange that the spring would butt up against the seal inside the end cap though but the seal was pressed into the cap.  The red shaft was a little sticky to get out but it was pasted up with goo.  Next I took the other end off, more carefully, and it too was stuck with crud.  I started spraying some cleaner in it and shook some of the crud out and spring #2 fell out once some of the crud was removed.  It was unseen at first but the only end it could have come out was where I have it sitting. So this is why I wanted an assy print.  It's different than what I have in the 70 manuals.  I could only find the other one.  I had hoped to find a rebuild kit for it but no luck.  I only have found one place (Inline Tube) that repops them.  I had read that Fine lines sells Inline's. I guess I'm going to have buy both new valves but I was hoping to find someplace else cheaper than a couple hundred bucks that will go back in stock locations and line configuration.  Anybody got a another source, part number, rebuild kit cross ref?  Musicman, are ya'll coming back to Chas. anytime this year?

Musicman

Dave

Here's a complete 70's set at Pirate Jacks for $149... they also have a host of other options.

http://www.piratejack.net/Proportioning-Valves/PV6070MOP-1960-s-70-s-Proportioning-Valve.html

Still in Virginia at the moment, and hoping to get back home to CT for good a few months from now.

Besides, it's already getting to hot for us Northern Aggressors down here... SC is already unbearable this time of year, and the hot weather hasn't even arrived yet. :lol: My hats off to ya lad, I don't know how you can bear it down there on the SC coast in the summer :eek2:

oldcarnut

Thanks for the link and time to find it  :cheers:.  I called Fine Lines and ordered a new set. He said the one pictured in the link sounded like it was for 71 up but they had the right configuration for mine. They said they had a new supplier and not In Line's and the pair was $159 + ship.  I reckon trying going on the cheap with other car parts may leave you stranded or repairing but when it comes to the brakes it might leave you or others dead so I will go the safer route.  Not trying to give a plug for those guy's but the salesperson Rick or Richard? for Fine Lines has been real easy to talk with and knowledgeable on their products and factored a lot where I bought my stuff from.

I'd rather have the heat anytime over long cold weather, it's just the humidity that gets ya down.  The few hurricanes aren't so great but I do enjoy the rare snow storms we get every few years.  Will post a pic of the new setup when it comes in.