News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good Cruise In Monday With Some Problems

Started by MoparSam, April 21, 2010, 06:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparSam

Monday night I took the Charger out to its first cruise in this year at a town close to the house.  I parked about 20 feet away from a coworker there with his '51 Ford and hung out and then walked around for about 30 min checking out all cool cars.  After a while I decided to leave for home before it got dark and made it home fine and had a great time. Charger got an A+.  Well last night I was working on the lights in the Charger and fixed the side markers and license plate lights and I slide into the drivers seat to check the gauge lights when I smell smoke, but wait it ain't plastic or wires burning its more of a musty cigarette smell and I look down and laying in the floor board of my Charger was a frickin cigarette butt!  I thought unbelievable that some pecker head would throw a butt in my car.  I'll be the first to admit that my car is no where near winning a trophy or even looks great with primer and rust holes and the headliner and door panels gone but dang its my car and I didn't spend hundreds of hours of work and at least 5K on an engine and trans build to have some dim witted no count pecker wood to think its a ash tray.  Luckily I didn't see who it was cause there would have been big trouble in front of the courthouse.  Looks like I can't leave her alone and now can't enjoy checking out all the other cruiser's cars, maybe I won't go anymore, no that's probably what they wanted, so I'm going back and watching out for other people's cars too.  Anybody else ever have something like this happen?  I sure hope not.  Have a great day everybody.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

69*F5*SE

Usually, you get the occasional car show flyers tossed in your car while at a cruise in.  For some jerk to toss a lit cigarette in there is just wrong.  Probably someone who doesn't have a cool car of their own in the first place.  Well, at least it didn't start a fire and you're still good to go.  Whoever did it will get theirs one day, it'll happen.

elacruze

That sucks beyond belief.

Where's the pictures, man?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

tan top

no way !! thats out of order  :RantExplode:  what a nasty thing to do !!
tell you, some  people these days are something else  ,  was out working on my daily driver , in front of my old works   , forget what i was doing now , it was a bout 10 years back heard a car drive past slow , i looked out from under the car ! & this guy looked spat at me !! missed though !  by the time i got up , he was long gone !  :flame: , me & a few guys waited out the front same time every day for a while  , in case he came past again  :yesnod: :spank:  ! was never to be seen again !
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparSam

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on April 21, 2010, 11:14:59 AM
Usually, you get the occasional car show flyers tossed in your car while at a cruise in.  For some jerk to toss a lit cigarette in there is just wrong.  Probably someone who doesn't have a cool car of their own in the first place.  Well, at least it didn't start a fire and you're still good to go.  Whoever did it will get theirs one day, it'll happen.

Yeah that's what I figured or maybe one of those Chebby guys (not all of them are bad I'm friends with some of them) or maybe someone who thought I shouldn't be parking there cause of my car's unfinished looks.  I sure hope they'll get theirs too.

Quote from: elacruze on April 21, 2010, 11:40:47 AM
That sucks beyond belief.

Where's the pictures, man?

Luckily that person had some little bit of sense to put it out before it was thrown in.  I spent probably 30 mins looking for burn marks and to see if they had put it out on the car, but couldn't find any.
Here's some pics http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64619.msg723643.html#msg723643 and here http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg722087.html#msg722087

Quote from: tan top on April 21, 2010, 12:01:23 PM
no way !! thats out of order  :RantExplode:  what a nasty thing to do !!
tell you, some  people these days are something else  ,  was out working on my daily driver , in front of my old works   , forget what i was doing now , it was a bout 10 years back heard a car drive past slow , i looked out from under the car ! & this guy looked spat at me !! missed though !  by the time i got up , he was long gone !  :flame: , me & a few guys waited out the front same time every day for a while  , in case he came past again  :yesnod: :spank:  ! was never to be seen again !

Tell me about it I used to have to deal with the general public until I got layed off and got a different job a couple of years ago and also at a gun store I helped out at and nothing suprises me anymore.  Crap!! TanTop, I can't believe, well now I can that some one would spit at someone working on their car!  Ridiculous. That guy would have been stupid to show his face around you again.  What was your daily driver?

'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

tan top

yeah still cant believe it !!   thinking about it ! disgusting , well out of order  :RantExplode: daily !!  nothing exciting  just a ford focus
would never dream of doing that to any one !! the guy looked straight at me as well ! never even seen him before !  , couple of weeks after a  few cars had their fuel lines  cut that were left out in the yard over the weekend !  :shruggy: prolly just a coincidence 
crazy world

cant believe that either !!  tossing a cigarette butt in a car!!  if i smoked !!&  even if i disliked someone !! would never dream of doing something like that !! !!  more crazy stuff  crazy world  :RantExplode: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

472 R/T SE

A disable parking permit, (blue thingy that you hang on your rear view mirror) was taken out of the console in my Charger at a show.  I thought that was pretty chicken shit but the cig butt is crazy.

Now that I have two permits again I always hide the one that's in my hot rod or roll up the windows & lock the doors when I use the bathroom or go for a roll.

RECHRGD

People are getting nuttier all the time.  You've gotta keep your eyes open around these cars.  Jealousy can cause some strange emotions.  Just last week I was in a large parking lot waiting for my wife to come out of a store and a couple of guys walked up and started wanting to know about the car.  That happens all the time and I have no problem with it.  One of the guys gets this shocked look on his face and I looked to the passenger side of my car where he was looking and HOLY SH____T!!!  Some idiot had backed his car out of a space about three cars away and sped right up to within a couple of inches from my front fender.  He slammed on the brakes and then just sped off.  By the time I got my wits back about me he was gone.   :flame: :flame: :flame:  I don't know what he was trying to accomplish.  What a jerk.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

UFO

I've heard of garbage from a fast food joint being tossed into the interior.
I guess it's easier to be jealous of what someone else has instead of the work involved to own one of your own.

GTXtreme

a few years ago i did have someone use my car as a coaster for his drink, luckily for him that was before the resto

FLG

That sucks...is it possible you stepped on it and tracked it into the car?   :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on April 21, 2010, 06:42:05 PM
That sucks...is it possible you stepped on it and tracked it into the car?   :shruggy:

I was wondering the same thing... To think that there are people out there ignorant enough to throw a butt in your car  :flame:

hemihead nc

..this slightly OT, but I thought I should post this for everyone to be aware of what happened at the AutoFair at Charlotte NC last weekend (4-17). On sat and sun there are aprox 50+ car clubs with their cars on display. Mid afternoon on sat there was a PA announcement that there was a group of "juveniles", baggy pants, sideways hats, etc that were spray painting cars on the infield of the Speedway. They used orange paint to deface the interior of cars. In our Chrysler Club, a '57 Chrysler 300 had it's leather sprayed, but it came off with Goop or GooGone. A few rows over a Olds wasn't as lucky, his cloth seats were probably ruined. I dont know how many cars were affected, but 1 is too many. This is the first time in all my years of shows and cruz-in's that something like this has happened. Some people are just careless by accident, but to spray a car is just mean-spirited and hatefull. Several of us wanted to form a vigillante group, but by the time the announcement was made, I'm sure the scum was gone. Head's up !!!!!!!!!!

stripedelete

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 21, 2010, 04:52:02 PM
People are getting nuttier all the time.  You've gotta keep your eyes open around these cars.  Jealousy can cause some strange emotions.  Just last week I was in a large parking lot waiting for my wife to come out of a store and a couple of guys walked up and started wanting to know about the car.  That happens all the time and I have no problem with it.  One of the guys gets this shocked look on his face and I looked to the passenger side of my car where he was looking and HOLY SH____T!!!  Some idiot had backed his car out of a space about three cars away and sped right up to within a couple of inches from my front fender.  He slammed on the brakes and then just sped off.  By the time I got my wits back about me he was gone.   :flame: :flame: :flame:  I don't know what he was trying to accomplish.  What a jerk.    Bob

I don't think people are getting nuttier.  I think there are some real serious nuts walking around us everyday posing as real normal people.  I think one of the nuts might have been parked right next to you at the show.

I left my boat unattended for 1/2 day at an in-water wood boat show a few years back.   I returned to find someone had used the edge of a fine thread bolt to saw on a very prominent piece of mahogany that extended from the deck.  I know it was a bolt because they tossed it and a nut in an open bags of chips on the rear seat. 

I knew few people at the show and had no time to make this type if enemy.  I think it was another boater that used his loose screw on my boat.  I think it's deeper and more serious than jealousy.  I'm leaning more toward Texas-cheerleader-murder type crap. Do we have any psychiatrists out there?  I would like to know what's up with this type thing.

ChgrSteve67

It sucks that a few bad people can ruin it for everyone.

Just remember it makes 99.9% of the people there happy to see your car in what ever condition it is in.

I took my Charger to shows looking like quite the project and always had someone come up and talk about a memory they have about a car like it.

others are interested how you got the car and what you are doing with it because they have a dream about doing the same thing.

Don't let the morons screw that up because that means they win.  Fuck them!

MoparSam

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 21, 2010, 03:09:13 PM
A disable parking permit, (blue thingy that you hang on your rear view mirror) was taken out of the console in my Charger at a show.  I thought that was pretty chicken shit but the cig butt is crazy.

Now that I have two permits again I always hide the one that's in my hot rod or roll up the windows & lock the doors when I use the bathroom or go for a roll.

That's just plain sorry for somebody to do that and the fact that they went in your car to get to the console. :rotz:

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 21, 2010, 04:52:02 PM

I guess they were trying to get you fired up.  Was it one of those gas sipping "environmental" cars?

Quote from: UFO on April 21, 2010, 06:02:49 PM
I've heard of garbage from a fast food joint being tossed into the interior.
I guess it's easier to be jealous of what someone else has instead of the work involved to own one of your own.

That last sentence says it all, I always delt with jealousy of somebody elses car by offering a compliment and gladly accepting tips on restorations.

Quote from: GTXtreme on April 21, 2010, 06:37:33 PM
a few years ago i did have someone use my car as a coaster for his drink, luckily for him that was before the resto

Did you catch him in the act and let him know your car wasn't a beverage holder?

Quote from: jb666 on April 21, 2010, 06:46:15 PM
Quote from: FLG on April 21, 2010, 06:42:05 PM

I was wondering the same thing... To think that there are people out there ignorant enough to throw a butt in your car  :flame:

Thought about that too and even double checked my boots and the treads are too far apart and worn and the butt wasn't dirty except for the DNA of the fart blossom that tossed it in.

Quote from: hemihead nc on April 21, 2010, 07:21:30 PM
..this slightly OT, but I thought I should post this for everyone to be aware of what happened at the AutoFair at Charlotte NC last weekend (4-17). On sat and sun there are aprox 50+ car clubs with their cars on display. Mid afternoon on sat there was a PA announcement that there was a group of "juveniles", baggy pants, sideways hats, etc that were spray painting cars on the infield of the Speedway. They used orange paint to deface the interior of cars. In our Chrysler Club, a '57 Chrysler 300 had it's leather sprayed, but it came off with Goop or GooGone. A few rows over a Olds wasn't as lucky, his cloth seats were probably ruined. I dont know how many cars were affected, but 1 is too many. This is the first time in all my years of shows and cruz-in's that something like this has happened. Some people are just careless by accident, but to spray a car is just mean-spirited and hatefull. Several of us wanted to form a vigillante group, but by the time the announcement was made, I'm sure the scum was gone. Head's up !!!!!!!!!!

I remember hearing that too that was just ridiculous, no respect for other peoples property.  Walking though the parts section I saw a 13-15 yr old? with his head hung low with a deputy talking to his dad? in a heated discussion and I heard yesterday that they were caught.

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 21, 2010, 09:02:24 PM
It sucks that a few bad people can ruin it for everyone.

Just remember it makes 99.9% of the people there happy to see your car in what ever condition it is in.

I took my Charger to shows looking like quite the project and always had someone come up and talk about a memory they have about a car like it.

others are interested how you got the car and what you are doing with it because they have a dream about doing the same thing.

Don't let the morons screw that up because that means they win.  Fuck them!

My thoughts exactly Steve, I'm gonna keep going and just watch my car and enjoy the conversation and driving up there.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

tan top

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 21, 2010, 03:09:13 PM
A disable parking permit, (blue thingy that you hang on your rear view mirror) was taken out of the console in my Charger at a show.  I thought that was pretty chicken shit but the cig butt is crazy.

aww man low can you get !!  :RantExplode: reading stuff like makes me soo mad  :flame:  whats up with these guys

Charger Stuff