News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what kind of lug nuts do vector wheels need?

Started by towscum, April 19, 2010, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

towscum

what are they called, does summit have them? please help
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

Daytona R/T SE

I don't know what they're called..."Mag wheel lug nuts"?  :shruggy:

But, I bought a set at NAPA a few years ago, and yes they had the left hand threaded ones.

towscum

1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

68coronetGLwannabe

I have picked up sets a Autozone and Pepboys.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

terrible one

Yeah you should usually be able to find them at the auto parts store . . . probably going to want the pack that says 1/2" mag wheel lug nuts, but technically they are called shank lug nuts because they go all the way through the center of the wheel.

bull

If you're talking about the General Lee type wheels, some are unilug and some are 5 on 4.5 that often require a "shouldered" lor shank lug nut with washers.

68 General

Now, I was looking for these lug nuts a while back as well..I'm assuming you'd need the short shank ones..now the question I have, is, since the shank was so much smaller than the hole in the wheel, the washer has to fit just into the bevel in the wheel..is this good enough? or should I try to find lugs with the shank that is about the size of the hole in the wheel?