News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone remember a mechanical arcade racing game with a winged car in it?

Started by Arnie Cunningham, April 19, 2010, 05:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

OK, does anyone remember a mechanical arcade racing game from the early to mid 70s that had a winged car in it?  This was a completely mechanical device.  This was not a video game.  It was a large wood cabinet type game with a glass window on the front.  Inside were a series of track grooves with fixed competitor cars on it.  These grooves moved at various speeds.  The car you controlled was, I think, a winged car on a long arm that came down from above.  The steering wheel moved the arm side to side so you could choose a groove.  If you hit one of the stationary cars, the arm kicked back as if your car had crashed.  And then you did it all over again.  I thought the one I played had a winged car but it could have been a corvette.

Does anyone remember what it was called?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

FOUND IT!
How could I have possibly forgotten the name :slap: :slap: :slap:
It doesn't show the car that you control but this was the game.
http://www.marvin3m.com/arcade/roadrun.htm
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Arnie Cunningham

It is possible they used a variety of cars for the main car.  There may be one of these machines at the Pinball Hall of Fame here in Las Vegas.  I will check it out the next time I am near there.  It is right across the street from the Liberace Museum LOL