News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roll cage and subframe conecters

Started by MORFF, April 18, 2010, 06:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Alright another question for the vets. My major work from my body guy is starting next month I just have to finish cleaning surface rust in the interior. He is going to weld in my left and right long floor panels and my shifting hub and tail panel and full trunk panel. After all that is done my next step is all the conversion stuff needed for manual.Tks to help from you guys and  help from my great uncle and a Buddy from work who knew somebody that had the stuff i needed I have pieced together what i need. My question is I want to put a roll cage inside with the ability to have my back seat that will work with subframe connectors. I have looked on line all seam to be about the same price but i don't know what works good together. What would you guys use? The only thing I do like the look of the tubular bolt in subframe connectors,but i want to get the best subframe connectors that works with roll cage. My other question is do i have to worry about or do anything different when putting in subframe connectors with converting my car to 4 speed manual on floor? Tks guys.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

SFRT

I used the tubular sub frame connectors from Mancini. I hjave a 4sp car. bolted them in then welded them. they do not interfere with anything.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FLG

Check out Rons (firefighters) cage.

Ive been in his car and its quite nice, the front bars sit low enough to easily get in and out, and the rear bars follow the roof line instead of going through the speaker holes.

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

I looked for Rons (firefighters) cage on google could not find it do you have a website i could use to see it  tks
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

FLG

Sorry, thought you knew he was a moderator on here  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50400.msg550215.html#msg550215

This is the company he got the cage from

http://www.swracecars.com/

If you rather it follow the sailpanel (like rons) than the speaker holes its called the "Pro Street" option.

:2thumbs:

MORFF

Tks for quick reply i like those roll bars would they work with bolt in or weld subframe connectors. I sent him a message just wanted to see more of the back seat could not tell if people could still use it tks again man.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

FLG

he has frame connectors.

The back seats are very usable...I know that cause my better half sat in the front and I crawled over the cage to sit in the back. Any average person could do it, maybe if your a big guy it would be tough getting back there.

MORFF

Ok thanks can you tell me where he got that roll cage i am going to go with that one it seams it the one i want. What subframe conecter did he go with? thank again for all info
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

FLG

If you click on the second link I gave you that's the company that makes it. Just give em a call.

Not sure what frame connectors he's running. I know there weld in connectors. Search the site, imsre he mentiones it somewhere. If I get some time later ill do a quick search.

MORFF

I looked on his profile does he have the 572 in the charger that would be so nice.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

FLG

He had the 446 last I was with him, if you look in the proven engine combo section he just finished with the 572 and it should be buttoned up in the car soon. He's helping me with my 493 as well...I ask him so many damn quesions lol.