News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My very own trailer queen

Started by bull, December 13, 2005, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I hauled the Charger off today to have the engine and trans pulled at a shop. There was just no way to do it with the amount of room I had so chances are she won't be back home until spring or summer. Once the engine and trans are out I'll be having it transported to the paint shop and they'll probably have it up to six months. Took me a while to get the thing loaded with a come-along but the U-Haul trailer worked great -- after I aired the tires up to the correct pressure. :P

BigBlockSam

car looks great. good luck with your restoration. i've used U-Haul trailers and they work well. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bluesfool

Looking forward to seeing that thing off the trailer and on the road!!

BigBlackDodge

You know, you take the fenders/hood/grille...etc. off a Charger and it still looks cool! :icon_smile_big:

BBD

R2

Bull,,,
Nice work,,,,looks like you did all that in the street ??
Was it running or did you have to ratchet it up onto the trailer.......

You should have called us,,,we could have come over,,,,,pulled the motor and trans in the driveway,,,for you.... (you would have to pay for the plane ticket to get us there)....lol

What are you doing with the motor and trans,,,,freshing ? rebuild ? or put back in ?

Its going to be cool when you get it back,,,,

Doug :drive:

RTPTRON

Way to go Bull, It is comming back as your dream BLACK 68 Charger, RIGHT????

2fast4u

Hey Bull

When you were towin' it to the shop......did ya get a lot of people starin' at you car....rubberneckin' and all?   Even like that it still looks great....and I'd prolly snap my neck tryin' to crane a view of it!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Shakey

:thumbs:  Keep us updated with progress pics. 

firefighter3931

:2thumbs: Excellent ! Mine's in the paintshop as we speak. Looks like there'll be a couple of Black 68's hitting the street this spring.  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Doug,

I had to roll her out the door and onto the street to get it on the trailer. If you look close at pic 2 you'll see the come-along I used to get the car up. It took some time but it was pretty easy. She wanted to go too because as soon as I turned my back on her to look for something she started rolling out the garage door without me. I said hey, where are you going? Not sure what all the engine needs yet. I have to figure out the balance problem and fuel problem. I'll probably just have it gone through because I have no history on the car at all.

RTPTRON,

I'm pretty sure she's going to be black. It's still YTBD but if not she'll look like yours.

2fast,

I was keeping an eye out for rubber-neckers and sure enough there was a couple young guys in a Toyota PU who gave me the thumbs up. That's about all I got though. I only went about 5 miles or so.

Ron,

I hope to have her out on the streets by summer but I'm not going to hold my breath. Yours would probably beat mine though 'cause I'm sticking with the 'ol 383. I can't see you settling for less than 440 ci. ;D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: bluesfool on December 13, 2005, 08:51:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing that thing off the trailer and on the road!!

:iagree:  Good luck!
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on December 13, 2005, 10:41:13 PM
Ron,

I hope to have her out on the streets by summer but I'm not going to hold my breath. Yours would probably beat mine though 'cause I'm sticking with the 'ol 383. I can't see you settling for less than 440 ci. ;D

Bull, it's not all just about speed....you will have agruably one of the most desirable cars with the best color combo ever to grace the roads. That's really what matters most   :icon_smile_big: There's allways going to be someone out there who's faster but there's no point in worrying about it. You've got THE CAR that everyone wants.   :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

41husk

congratulation I am hoping to get mine to the shop next week to have exhaust installed and get her fired up and tuned.  I have not decided on having a local body shop do the work or cudaken and I ???
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 14, 2005, 08:10:24 AM
Quote from: bull on December 13, 2005, 10:41:13 PM
Ron,

Bull, it's not all just about speed....you will have agruably one of the most desirable cars with the best color combo ever to grace the roads. That's really what matters most   :icon_smile_big: There's allways going to be someone out there who's faster but there's no point in worrying about it. You've got THE CAR that everyone wants.   :devil:

Ron

You're right. Even if it were a 318 car I'd be smiling ear to ear on the road. I'm better off with less power anyway because I tend to get myself in trouble with my right foot. Although I'm to the point in my life where I don't feel the need to prove anything. I think the most fun you can have on the road is just puttering around at the speed limit in an ultra cool car and waving at the rubber-neckers. And maybe fake a ricer kid out at the stop light once in a while too. :icon_smile_evil:

Quote from: 41husk on December 14, 2005, 08:12:27 AM
congratulation I am hoping to get mine to the shop next week to have exhaust installed and get her fired up and tuned.  I have not decided on having a local body shop do the work or cudaken and I ???

Well, I know Ken could use the work. Shoot, my car's pretty much on it's way to the body shop and I still 2nd guess myself about the color I want and the shop I'm using. I know there's no better choice but I like to have ALL the facts. You just do the best you can with the information you have at the time I guess.

triple_green

Way da go Curtis!!!

D-C meet next summer?

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bull

Quote from: triple_green on December 14, 2005, 09:28:26 AM
Way da go Curtis!!!

D-C meet next summer?

3X

Oh yea. One or both of us will be there. Hopefully both. ;)

PocketThunder

Be careful that your garage space doesnt disappear while the Charger is out!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Pistolpete

Awesome, looking forward to the updates, I'm actually not to far behind you....should be in the bodyshop next week or two..

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Shakey

Quote from: Pistolpete on December 14, 2005, 01:33:36 PM
Awesome, looking forward to the updates, I'm actually not to far behind you....should be in the bodyshop next week or two..

Pete you need to post some progress pics, at least of the dismantle!

DId you tell the story about the history of your car?

Afflyer

Bull,

Nice family you got there, if no one mentioned it before.  I'm sure your girls will be as thrilled to take a spin in the Charger as much as my little girl will in my Charger, when that time comes.

Be careful with that U-Haul auto hauler- I used one to haul my Charger last spring when the family unit moved from Little Rock, Arkansas to the Florida panhandle.  I dared not travel any faster than 60 MPH, or it would seriously begin fishtailing on me.  That made for a long ass trip that day.

Take care and Merry Christmas to you and the chitlins,

Bradley

GO COLTS GO!!!
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on December 14, 2005, 08:45:33 AM
Even if it were a 318 car I'd be smiling ear to ear on the road.
I sure did in mine! :icon_smile_big:
Mine sounded cool though, it's got headers, with dual Thrush mufflers. I sounded a lot meaner than it was, for sure.

That's cool that your project is off and running! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Way to go ,Bro!  Your over the  Big Hump of getting started.  Nothing wrong with a warmed over 383! I once had a 70' SE with a 383/4-speed  all black.  Wish I still had that car!! 

Good Luck with everything! :2thumbs:

BTW, As far as a color for your car, I think your personality screams  Panther Pink  :icon_smile_kisses: :icon_smile_kisses: :icon_smile_kisses:

LOL :D :D :D :nana: :D :D :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on December 14, 2005, 06:53:29 PM
Way to go ,Bro!   Your over the   Big Hump of getting started.   Nothing wrong with a warmed over 383! I once had a 70' SE with a 383/4-speed   all black.   Wish I still had that car!!  

Good Luck with everything! :2thumbs:

BTW, As far as a color for your car, I think your personality screams   Panther Pink   :icon_smile_kisses: :icon_smile_kisses: :icon_smile_kisses:

LOL :D :D :D :nana: :D :D :D

I'll show you panther pink. :devil:

I tried to download a picture of my engine and trans in the back of my Dakota but my camera and/or computer wasn't cooperating. I think I found the source of the vibration. The trans was loose from the motor. :o