News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

House behind mine burned badly tonight ( never have a shake shingle roof )

Started by moparstuart, April 14, 2010, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

coming home from work i could not get tomy house because of a fire  ,

the neighbors house had a shake shingle roof .  The lady in pink is my wife .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

My next door neighbor is the hero he noticed the fire just after it started and got the lady and her dogs out of the house.
   He also got his hose and almost got the fire out but he just didnt have enough water pressure .   A hot lawn mower and gas can started the fire .

moparstuart

:popcrn:  you could still see and hear the water pouring out of the house .

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:popcrn:  You can see where it started in that corner and the flames shot up the wall right to the roof and poof . They had just finished moving and put the mover right there.

The mower and the house are now toast .  

moparstuart

:popcrn: news choppers  , dude in the suit had a badge ? maybe a fire inspector ??

RD

oh man that just sux!!!!  how well did you know them ( if any ) stu? do they attend a church? if you need help gathering "stuffs" for them, let me know.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Big Sugar

WOW ..Scary when it's so close to home.  Thankfully you have good neighbours and no lives were lost.

Kind of a wake up call, Life can change in the blink of an eye.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

moparstuart

:popcrn: mower and the starting corner

moparstuart

:popcrn: On my street out front of my house ., had out whole culdesac blocked off.  Cop cars where at the end of my street and 8 fire trucks all togerther .

moparstuart

:popcrn:  look its the richard petty ambulance  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

:popcrn:  i went around the block infront of there house .

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: Front of my house and how close we are , lucky we had a new composite shingle roof put on just over a year ago.

moparstuart

moparstuart

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

THat very first picture looks like a fight is about to start! HAHA!

Nows a good time to buy an extra lot Stu!  Bigger backyard for a in ground pool!

Hope the stink isnt gonna be too bad. My next door neighbors house burned up years ago at my old house adn the stink was terrible for weeks and weeks.

todd

elacruze

Looks like the neighbor delayed the fire long enough to get the FD on scene-may have lost the house but not the whole neighborhood! Nothing like having 4 roofs on fire at the same time!
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

472 R/T SE

Wow, a hot lawn mower did that?  

I sure miss having a back yard, not some small patch like what's built in the city for the past decade up here.  The size of just our back yard from back in Kansas was bigger than our entire lot size here.  :o

69bronzeT5

Damn, that's a shame.....looked like a real nice house!!!! That's what I loved about my old house on Vancouver Island....we had 2 acres so there weren't many houses around us so if one house went up in flames, only that house burnt. However, at my new house....we have a house about 10 feet from ours.....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tan top

crikey !! nice house wrecked !! thats amazing how flames shot  up & just set the roof alight  :o 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: tan top on April 15, 2010, 03:40:26 AM
crikey !! nice house wrecked !! thats amazing how flames shot  up & just set the roof alight  :o 
The fire was into the wall fast too ,  thats why my neighbor couldnt quite get it stopped .

moparstuart

moparstuart

this one is a little better coverage this is my next door neighbor the hero scott beach.. Great to have neighbors like him .

http://www.kmbc.com/news/23154240/detail.html  

you can see him in the very first picture i took with the camera man filming him.

PocketThunder

that'll buff out..   :icon_smile_big:

Seriously, its nice to have neighbors helping out like Scott Beach.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on April 14, 2010, 10:37:58 PM
:popcrn:  You can see where it started in that corner and the flames shot up the wall right to the roof and poof . They had just finished moving and put the mover right there.

The mover and the house are now toast . 

I tell the family when they mow the lawn to never put the mower back in the garage hot or close to the house.   Wow, what a lesson.

moparstuart

Aero426

Same thing with the old cars too.   After a run, I try to avoid putting them into the garage hot and then walk away.    You can't foresee everything, but there are some common sense things you can do.

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on April 15, 2010, 11:03:27 AM
Same thing with the old cars too.   After a run, I try to avoid putting them into the garage hot and then walk away.    You can't foresee everything, but there are some common sense things you can do.
We replace our roof so i wasnt too scared of it spreading to my house , but quintin called me on my way home from work and i told him not to move the cars out . But to be on stand by too just in case .  We did have the garage door open .  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: 

twodko

In my neck o' the woods (norcal) you can't buy or renew house insurance with a shake roof. My neighbor had to re-roof with comp before his ins.Co. would renew his policy. Glad everyones OK there.

Good idea about buying another lot............I can see it now, Pentastar shaped pool - mopar theme cabana - charcoal grill with TTI chrome headers -  Keg-a-rator - babes wearing nothing but strategically placed emission stickers - comp shingle roof..........I'm gettin' dizzy!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

moparstuart

Quote from: twodko on April 16, 2010, 02:51:22 PM
In my neck o' the woods (norcal) you can't buy or renew house insurance with a shake roof. My neighbor had to re-roof with comp before his ins.Co. would renew his policy. Glad everyones OK there.

Good idea about buying another lot............I can see it now, Pentastar shaped pool - mopar theme cabana - charcoal grill with TTI chrome headers -  Keg-a-rator - babes wearing nothing but strategically placed emission stickers - comp shingle roof..........I'm gettin' dizzy!

Tom
In my subdivision  , its only been a little over 5 years we could use composite shingles . The covenants wouldnt let us use anything but .  Then our city Overland park passes a law you couldnt force us to have shakes . ( thanks goodness)   . There still are citys around us that still force you to have shakes ( Lea wood is one of them just next  door to OP .   

moparstuart

They have been working away on this house

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Todd Wilson

bakerhillpins

I don't think it was the shakes on the roof that went to town like that. Yea they burned up but I doubt that it burned down through into the roof.  I'm betting that the vinyl soffit covers melted away in seconds and the fire was able to get up under the roof. The roof probably had the Styrofoam "W" channel stuff for ice dams and it extended through the attic space in under a minute. Full sun during the day, that attic already had plenty of heat going for it so not too much more needed in there to flash over.

Gas is a wicked accelerant and burns hot. The siding didn't melt so it couldn't have been vinyl.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

i wonder why they didnt clean the chimney of black smoke first. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

moparstuart

All the snobbie homes associasions around here required it .  I think they should be outlawed , but atleast overland park has now stopped them from being a must . Leawood a city just down the road say you must have shake or more expensive tile . They all think ashphalt/composite shingles look cheap . 

69rtse4spd

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart