News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old DSAC club newsletters what do you do with them?

Started by 70Sbird, April 14, 2010, 05:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering what everyone does with their club (DSAC) newsletters once they've read them? I have all of mine in folders by year back to 2001, and I've also "inherited" all the ones from 1976 - 2003 (except for 1982 for some reason). I really don't have a good filing system, and forums such as this are usually easier (and much quicker) to get good information from than digging back through 10 years of paper to find an article that I remember reading.
just curious, So far I've saved them from my wife through two moves, and numerous "cleanings", but it is spring, and she has that look in her eye again........

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Believe it or not Scott,  I do not have every issue in a binder, but that has been how I've done it.   For some reason, I've gotten off track the last few years filing a copy.   I know I have them, but my own disorganization bothers me.    I am amazed going back ten, fifteen or twenty years at the things I have forgotten.

The idea of scanning them to CD or DVD is a possibility, but labor is a problem.   I personally prefer hard copies of anything, even though it takes up space.    I still prefer the idea of being able to flip through, versus navigating files on a CD.      But that's just me.

Arnie Cunningham

Definitely keep them.  They will most likely fit in a couple of standard file boxes.  That is not too much trouble to find room for.  I too would like to see them put on pdf for reference and search reasons.  I have not worked much with pdf but if we all used the same version we could spread the work out.  Then it wouldn't be so intense for any one person.  My copies are sort-of organized.  They would need to be cross-checked for accuracy after being loaded in (remember how the old newsletters had loose pages).  I would be willing to put in some time.  Lets talk about the various options/formats.
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

70Sbird

Brennan,
I understand the loose leaf issue!
The 1976 - 2003 newsletters I got from a friend of mine were all neat and stapled together. I sat on my living room floor last night for about 3 hours getiing all of my 2001 -2003 newsletters reassembled and stapled together! I even found the ad that I answered for my Superbird! but, by back is killing me today!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

nitrometal

Hey Doug,  how long have they been in color?  To me, it seems once you released them in .pdf also was when I noticed them in color.  Do you have a central location for all the .pdf collection?
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

nascarxx29

I inherited all of mine for member #17 from 73 -.Good reference material
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar John

I joined the club in 1977 and when I got a chance I got all the missing back issues from Monroe. They are very good reference materials! There are a lot of cars that have lost milage and now are numbers matching engines, transmissions, etc. When we restored our Daytona we left the original milage on the spedometer! There is a popular excuse to roll back the spedometer to zero when a car is restored!

70Sbird

John, Good Point!
I have to admit that when I rebuilt my gauge cluster last year I had them "Zero" my odometer.
However my mileage showing when I removed the Speedo was 99,704 so I'm not going to loose too much sleep there!  :nana:
It now reads almost 3,000 since the Talladega trip last fall!

Scott Faulkner

41husk

Just got my first official one tonight.  I have started a file using the previous editions I had been given and my first :cheers:  I actually have the issue with my hauler offered for sale!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up